It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18yr old have an absolute right to own firearms! Increasing the age is ludicrous!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

The small nukes would be better for clearing land for development than for defense. Than you only need to rent a bulldozer for an hour or two to scrape off those few inches of topsoil. With the proper permitting, I think micro nukes would be acceptable.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
even though so many keep going on about age limits or whatever, for the most part the majority of school gun violence comes from people above the age of 18 to even more over 21, even then the majority of these shootings happen on college campuses and to a lesser extent high schools.
not only that but these shootings happen in nearly every state including those with age limits, florida is a state with an age limit of 18 yet it's one of the top 3 worst school shooting states in the country.

the problem starts in high schools and colleges/universities, something is going wrong at those ages and laws clearly have nothing to do with it, some social aspect is screwing peoples minds up and breeding anger and trust problems.

edit on 23-2-2018 by namehere because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2018 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I'd trust an 18 year old in the military with one. A regular 18 year old kid? No chance.

Exactly, an 18 year old kid in our society is still a child, so there's no way in hell they should be able to buy any kind of gun in my opinion, but especially an assault rifle. It's insane to not support raising the age limit.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: AnonymousCitizen

Question.

Do you have kids? Or do you have young siblings? Nieces and nephews?

The reason I ask is this.

Would you be comfortable with sending your kids off to a school with kids carrying around AR15s?

If you have that deep feeling of discomfort then you've answered my question to yourself.
I think if I saw that, I'd A. be in the middle of a gang war someplace in Chicago or B. The Middle East where even five year olds carry guns.
edit on 25-2-2018 by brokenghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
Just go to Chicago, Milw, Baltimore, Gary....

The people there, of all ages, can get guns.

They can raise it all they want.

Cause its not like anyone drank under the age of 21 before.

Right?

If you consider the perpetrator in school shootings is usually a deranged, misguided white kid, I doubt they're the type to go to the hood to buy an illegal AR.

As we know, raising the age limit is just a knee jerk reaction to the problem. There are much bigger issues people aren't talking about like seeing the signs of a sick kid. Unfortunately, we live in a society that lets kids be whatever you want to be no matter how unusual. To call someone out as strange is politically incorrect.

edit on 2-25-2018 by LogicalGraphitti because: grammer

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
Not old enough to buy beer - Can buy guns.

Used to be that to purchase alcohol on a military base by a soldier, you had to be 18.

They changed that to reflect the purchase age of the state where the base is located.

I disagreed with that change and I still do.

If you are deemed old enough to die for your country, then you are old enough to drink.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join