It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perhaps it is time to let the Union divide.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Sorry but we've been through a lot worse than this.

America, here to stay.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I agree. The amendment nor does any precedent set by the Civil War prevent the US coming to an agreement with a collective of states and people to emancipate them from the Union. We aren't talking revolution, we are talking divorce.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   
In thinking out of the box-if the US were to take over Canada and Mexico-it just might even things out a bit. The more the merrier.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Wolf321

What a bunch of BS.

The only thing growing more "European" is the fascist tendencies on the right, not the least bit bothered by the Russian angle taking over our former democracy, yearning for the strong-man leader to stick it to minorities.

Sorry, Ace, the union is not dividing on our watch. We liberals have dragged conservatives kicking and screaming from stone-age slavery before, and we will continue to do so. The history of our nation is one of more progressive values on all fronts, that all are created equal, all have equal rights. Every single one of them has been fought over conservatives, whether the old liberal Republican party of Lincoln - the most liberal progressive "big democratic republican government of all time, to the liberal democrats now, the truism has been the conservatives complaining about the progression the entire time.

It is just so typical that it be a conservative here wanting to dash, tear the union, ever superior, thinking that it's the progressives that threaten them, running into Putin's embrace, electing (by minority vote, again) the single biggest fking moron to ever sit in the oval office, the least qualified, most obviously in Putin's pociket, unwilling to defend our nation so long as the fascists are on the Republican side. Again, how very very typical.

Sorry. Not happening. Fight if you must, again. You'll lose, again. Always have, always will.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Zero flags is simply the result of not creating any new threads...

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Scrubdog

holy effing hallelujah! and amen!

and as i said before, mr Wolf321, your understanding of our history seems a bit deficient.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   
quoted again for impact.
preach, brother.

Scrubdog
posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 00:20

What a bunch of BS.

The only thing growing more "European" is the fascist tendencies on the right, not the least bit bothered by the Russian angle taking over our former democracy, yearning for the strong-man leader to stick it to minorities.

Sorry, Ace, the union is not dividing on our watch. We liberals have dragged conservatives kicking and screaming from stone-age slavery before, and we will continue to do so. The history of our nation is one of more progressive values on all fronts, that all are created equal, all have equal rights. Every single one of them has been fought over conservatives, whether the old liberal Republican party of Lincoln - the most liberal progressive "big democratic republican government of all time, to the liberal democrats now, the truism has been the conservatives complaining about the progression the entire time.

It is just so typical that it be a conservative here wanting to dash, tear the union, ever superior, thinking that it's the progressives that threaten them, running into Putin's embrace, electing (by minority vote, again) the single biggest fking moron to ever sit in the oval office, the least qualified, most obviously in Putin's pociket, unwilling to defend our nation so long as the fascists are on the Republican side. Again, how very very typical.

Sorry. Not happening. Fight if you must, again. You'll lose, again. Always have, always will.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Someone get a map, a marker, I'll bring the hookers and booze and we can divide this bastard up!

I'll take the Gulf of Mexico thanks - and once I'm set up, you come and see me for cheap fuel, cheaper for cash.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Could the blue cities inside the red states be indicative of a concentration of unmarried liberal single people?

Survey says - yes!

I don't have any links handy and I'm fixing to be off to a party but I recall that there's ample evidence that many liberal single people shift towards conservative or centrist once they are married and have children. This would be relative as liberals move further left and conservatives move further right probably.

As for the original topic - splitting into 4 to 6 smaller countries is probably the best option. 2 coastal countries, 1 south, 1 centered around TX/NM/AZ/CO, 1 northeast, 1 or 2 midwest/great lakes.

It's better we do it peacefully now before we start the 2nd Civil War. I wouldn't rule out the Deep State declaring any state who moves towards succession as a terrorist entity.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

originally posted by: infolurker

I claim the Appalachian Mountains.

They're yours...
All the Deliverance you can squeal like a pig for...
Tasty BBQ, though.

Where ya goin' city boy?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Right now the US Constitution does not have anything in it that allows for any state to leave the union (or county of a state or a city, etc).

On the other hand the US Constitution is a living document. Meaning it can be amended (and has many times), or can be completely re-written through a Constitutional Convention.

So in theory, it's quite possible for a way for states, etc, who wish to leave the union to be written into the constitution, there by making it legal.

One of the reasons I do not see this happening at all is: Most American simply do not care.

Majority of Americans tend to be moderate in their politics, want to simply be left alone so they can earn their paychecks (or make money through their business), pay their bills and put food on the table.

In this last election, you only had 134,771,204 vote. 323,000,000 Americans, minus 73,644,000 who are under 18 (can't vote), leaves 249,356,000.....meaning only half of America bothered to vote in the last election.

Considering everything we saw during the campaign, you'd think damn near every American would have been out there to vote, but that's what the media does: make things look the way they want it.

Right now the media would have you believe that there are these huge number of people that hate Trump, and a huge number that support Trump and each are willing to go to war with each other.

Nah.....the internet, the news media, they just give a loud speaker to a very small number of people instead. Just like that one person with a bull horn can be heard well above everyone else.

Most of the rest of us really don't care enough about it because we're too busy trying to pay our bills and put food on the table.
You can see it here on ATS: look at the political threads and see that it's the same people that spend their time there, where as the majority of ATS members either just lurk, or spend their time in the non-political threads.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   

fascist tendencies on the right

And yet you threaten Conservatives with war and death to force them to think like you do.

Do you understand the word "ironic" ? How about "hypocrite" ? I think "hate filled rant" is more appropriate, but maybe that's just me.

edit on 22-2-2018 by DAVID64 because: I keep telling you.."edit" IS the reason.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The easiest solution would be to get the federal government out of the social engineering business and return the power to determine domestic policy on these issues back to the individual states. That would mean that local state leaders who better understand their constituents and can better represent their interests would be the ones making the laws on these issues rather than some asshat know-nothing outsider who wouldn't be caught within 1,000 miles of these same people.

I'm not saying its a perfect solution, but it would certainly help more people feel like their interests are being represented and I think it would greatly reduce some of the social tension that's been rapidly building over the last several years.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

fascist tendencies on the right

And yet you threaten Conservatives with war and death to force them to think like you do.

Do you understand the word "ironic" ? How about "hypocrite" ? I think "hate filled rant" is more appropriate, but maybe that's just me.

What he dont understand is that this time they have the numbers and the will to use them. Most people on the left are pacifist and will sooner surender than actually try to fight a war.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
Never gona happen. The 14th amendment makes revolution against the Federal government illegal.

Section 4. The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned.But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

Um excuse me but WHERE in section 4 does it say this? This is about DEBTS and MONEY. FAIL.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join