It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Should Anyone Care About Russian Troll Farms? What's The End Game?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I assume that you found and published actual evidence of this, rather than rumours, theories or the like? If so, I would like to see that evidence, because your thread escaped me entirely, and also because I frankly do not believe that your assertions are accurate.

The reason I do not believe your assertions are accurate, is that there is no more right wing, mainstream publication than the Daily Mail, and they have been staunchly pro-Trump in comparison to other, more relevant and for the people publications.

Like I said...I wrote about it at the time:

Something happened today at the Daily Mail? sHillbots.

People participating in that thread watched it happen in real-time.

I ended up posting some anti-Trump comments to try get the up-voting script attached to my DailyMail account and I succeeded.

Of course the DailyMail made no comment on it, but their commenters sure did.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

We shouldn’t care. We should only care that they are being used as distractions in order to disguise far greater perils.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Kocag

They want their approved echo chamber?

Nailed it. Either sources quote as gospel the approved narative or they will be silenced as spreaders of false information. The Leftist elites have, what they believe to be, a monopoly on approved truth. Anything not in agreement with that is false/fake, unapproved and to be censored. And they genuinely fear the intrusion of any "foreign" sources. They seek to create a closed loop echo chamber that only incessantly repeats and reaffirms their world view.

And.........it will probaby work!

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

And that is the same thing, how exactly?

Oh wait, its not. Its not a comment farm, its a likes farm. Its not a propaganda multiplier, its numbers of green arrows, which when compared to a constant firehose of lies from Russian bot farms, as well as the actual espionage committed against the DNC by Russia during the campaign, means nothing at all.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I think this thread and indeed ATS on the whole simply demonstrates the power of Russian propaganda. Every day you log in here and you see some story that originated on the Russian networks, breathlessly reported as true by the Trump supporters.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
They matter because the internet was intended to be organic and troll farms circumvent that. It's astro-turfing. Social media was supposed to let individual, authentic voices be heard. But it's been weaponized and troll farms are force-mulipliers for information warfare.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it....

Joseph Goebbels

And when that lie is told via troll farm, the impact is exponential. It's a war on reality, as one of my friends puts it.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

There is no way to stop bots, unless you are suggesting we block Russian IP's even then there are ways around it.

I would rather keep the internet as free and open as possible, the effect these bots had was negligible the problem is the far left cannot fathom that they put forward a horrid candidate so they have to blame someone or else they have to accept blame for Trump.

It does not bother me much that we have several Europeans here that spend days trying to convince Americans how bad our choices are, If we had Russian bots here doing the same thing it still would not bother me much because ultimately I make my own choices nobody forces me to make the choices I do.

people behind the bots supposedly put between 1 and 2 million dollars into their efforts, the people behind HIllary spent 500-800 million dollars, maybe its time the Democrats admit their candidate sucked, their platform sucked, and the effort they put in on the campaign trail sucked.

and that is how we got Trump... not but russia... or but racists or but Mysoginists.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Well, first of all, no one in their right mind would say that Hillary was a good, or even acceptable candidate. But you still would have ended up with her in the leadership role, without the meddling, the mysoginists, and the racists.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

So you really believe the Russians somehow changed millions of votes to get trump elected?

edit: Seriously 60 million people voted trump are they all Racist woman hating Russian dupes... wtf is the BBC peddling to yall?

edit on 21-2-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

EDIT:

But you still would have ended up with her in the leadership role, without the meddling, the mysoginists, and the racists.

edit on 21-2-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I absolutely believe that if it were not for the meddling, the racists, and the misogynists, you would not have a Trump Presidency.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

So you really believe the Russians somehow changed millions of votes to get trump elected?

edit: Seriously 60 million people voted trump are they all Racist woman hating Russian dupes... wtf is the BBC peddling to yall?

EDIT:

But you still would have ended up with her in the leadership role, without the meddling, the mysoginists, and the racists.

They probably still believe brexit was the work of Russian trolls.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

[quote[ It's a war on reality

Zoom Bang.
Meanwhile, current scientific studies into physics and neurology coupled with modern understandings of ancient origins and historical patterns are upending millennia old belief systems. While it is not ''reality'' that is endangered as I think reality can take care of itself, it is our conceptions of reality which are being called into question and rightly so as our older conceptions were conceptions based on past imaginations and passed off as reality.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

There is a consistency in your post but I think you have a number of incorrect assumptions, one being

the problem is the far left cannot fathom that they put forward a horrid candidate

The far left knows the nature of the Clintons and have never, ever supported them, either of them. The ''far left'' knows that Hillery was a ''horrid candidate''. They knew it at the time and they know it now.

Both Clintons were centrist politicians who came onto the national stage as the best ''non-threatening'' faces to run against the Republican machine at the time. The more left leaning democratic candidates at the time were to dramatically different from the previous 12 years of Republican rule to be attractive. Remember, the Republicans were in the White House from 1968 to 1991 with only the one term of Carter to break it up.

Clinton came in and was sociable and entertaining. He played his sax on the Tonight Show and went from last in the polls to first in the polls in only a week or two. Leftists saw him for what he was. But the democratic party did not want to run the more and at times much more liberal candidates in Brown and McCarthy. They wanted a middle of the roader with charisma and panache and that is what they got.

Clinton played to the social and more visible charade of liberalism while sticking with the war machine in the Middle East that had been set in motion by previous administration.

So, no, the far left have never liked the Clintons.

You say

its time the Democrats admit their candidate sucked, their platform sucked, and the effort they put in on the campaign trail sucked.

Agreed.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

And that is the same thing, how exactly?

Oh wait, its not. Its not a comment farm, its a likes farm. Its not a propaganda multiplier, its numbers of green arrows, which when compared to a constant firehose of lies from Russian bot farms, as well as the actual espionage committed against the DNC by Russia during the campaign, means nothing at all.

Oh, FFS. A bot is a bot.

People are GD nuts with their partisan nuancing.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Fair enough I guess DNC would have been a more appropriate term than far left.

I actually did not mind Bill, he was smart enough to recognize he had a decent congress and let them do their thing with minimal intrusion from him.

Hillary was chasing history and power, could not stand her she would say anything to get elected (well they all would say anything to be fair) but I did not like what I saw of who she really was.

Personally I always kinda liked webb even though he never had shot.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

OH, hahahahahah! Yes! Hilarious...

That you even think that there is anything REMOTELY similar going on in your example.

When someone from Europe expresses their opinion, based on their experience and without any other motive than wanting to see good things happen to their friends across the pond, or more importantly, not wanting the worst things (a right shift of any nature, at any time, for any reason) occurring in a country populated by people they care deeply for, it is NOT the same as a Russian bot farm, trying to influence the outcome of an election for reasons having entirely to do with the will of the Russian government!

NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO EXPLAIN THIS CRAP TO YOU IRISHHAF!

For CRYING OUT LOUD, WAKE UP AND SMELL THE DAMNED COFFEE!

So you only want to see good things happen to your friends across the pond? Really?? That statement alone seems to contradict what you posted in another thread. Here you clearly state "As I have said before, I support attacking and banishing from the entire Earth itself, fascist, far right mindsets, by whatever means necessary. Inevitably, that will include some Trump supporters, but not all of them."

Yeah, that is what you said. No mistaking what you said or how you meant it and you think your mindset displayed in that comment is what your "friends" across the pond want? Your comments, motives, and mindset are far worse than any "russian bot" because you want to come off as being intelligent, helpful and caring all the while rounding those up who you want to see removed from this earth. So you are either a bold face liar in one of these two posts or you're are nothing more than a fake friend better known as a wolf in sheeps clothing. No one needs a "friend" like you.

P.S. Your coffee smells like crap! Thank you for outing yourself and your true motives.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Wasn't aware "trolls" had so much public influence...
First it was "Russian agents" then "Russian hackers" now "Russian trolls".

Anyone else noticing a trend here?
Before long it will be "Russian toddlers" armed with speak and spells influenced the election.

Is anyone still buying this bs?

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Well what do we have here...

Russian Govt not involved in the troll farms targeted by Mueller.
Not only was there no collusion with Russia, but it now looks like there is not even loose evidence against the Russian Govt for interfering.

thefederalist.com...-vtz7Rx.twitter

The judge in the Concorde case actually considered criminal contempt against Mueller for using the media to create the illusion of the Russian Govt being involved, but she let him off because he clarified the situation in his press conference.

So no collusion.
No evidence of Russian interference.

edit on 11/7/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join