It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trey Gowdy explains why he won't seek re-election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
His explanation on why he's leaving politics had both logical points and points that, after reflection, had me going 'say what?'

His comparing politics to Justice rang true. Then it went a bit south, in my estimation. He stated he held fairness as a virtue. Yet the legal system is blind. Literally and figuratively. He further stated there's a reason why having a murder weapon or a confession can be overturned. I see nothing 'fair' about that.

He also said that the 'process' is important. I agree with that, IF the process works....or is, in fact 'fair'.

After further thought, I believe Gowdy gave actual points that he believes in and I also believe they are not the reasons why he's 'retiring' from politics. At the very least, not the full reason.

He's been in politics a number of years now. His is political to some degree as we are all. The IS no escapiing politics. Not even at home...

truepundit.com...

I could be wrong on this. Thoughts?

edit on 14-2-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I think he started to see just how corrupt EVERYONE is, and decided that rather than be attached to that, he would step away and try to go back to that time, when you were blissfully ignorant of the corruption. I think he's genuinely a good guy and the DC trash really got to him.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

He's been in politics a number of years now. His is political to some degree as we are all. The IS no escapiing politics. Not even at home...

I saw a skit on this a week or so ago, he said he was not happy in politics, that obviously implies that he prefers the legal system, at least, as the better of two evils if you like.
It's possible that he didn't like what Nunes was doing with the memo too, since Nunes had Gowdy examine the classifed documents, Nunes himself, didn't seem them, even though he wrote the Memo, so there could be a twist there....and that it was the last straw.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Ummm...for me...the most telling part of that whole conversation...are those five words you left out of his quoted remarks...the out of place ones that seem to have been one thought train bumping into another...

"Whatever time I've got left"...that to me is the whole unspoken nutshell...

Now obviously...sans the proper context...which he never provided...there are any number of reasons why he might say something like that...

However...illness...is usually the only contextual reason for statements such as that...

"whatever time I've got left"...

Sure makes a body go...hmmmm...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I think he started to see just how corrupt EVERYONE is, and decided that rather than be attached to that, he would step away and try to go back to that time, when you were blissfully ignorant of the corruption. I think he's genuinely a good guy and the DC trash really got to him.

Hmm, you could be spot on. Perhaps I've been on ATS too long....

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Interesting take. I only posted the ones that my attention went to. You raise a point I didn't consider.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
That was my thought as well. In fact watching him I thought he showed signs of temporal wasting-but I’m not a physician
That can be a sign of illness.

na reply to: YouSir

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: sjorges2002

I wasn't sure what exactly I was seeing signs of, however, I've noticed him appearing particularly yellow on several occasions in the last few months. I'm not sure what to make of it, but understand it can correlate with jaundice.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

And apparently Trey isn't to happy with the Trump WH.

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

And apparently Trey isn't to happy with the Trump WH.

www.rawstory.com...

Gee, if you look at all of the YouTube videos of Gowdy's grilling of Obama and HRC's people and this is the best you can come up with? Obviously, he works for the Russians....

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Well this sucks...
Kinda hoped he would run for president(someday).
He is a good man. The mind of a conservative and the heart of a liberal. One of the very few politicians I have respect and admiration for.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I feel an appointment coming on....

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
the swamp got to him

he's opening a private practice

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I had my doubts about him.

Talks a good game but what has he really done?

Besides his term as head is over and will be just another yump.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Trey is too smart for government. He'll be able to work fewer hours, with less aggravation, at 10 times the pay, in the privates sector.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   
A good interview even tho it's CNN.

top topics

join