It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Bush is assassinated?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by sosuemetoo

Voting and non-violent resistance brings about change.

Ah, ok. Much better. Thanks for the laugh I needed that. I do agree with your other points though.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by donquad2001
my question was what would happen if he was killed ,to the USA and the world political situation,not what you would do personally,i.e. dance celebrate mourn etc.

My wild guess would be a Funeral. Other than that pretty much nothing. The fascist agenda will keep on truckin'. Bush is definitely useful but he's not a key player. They would not put a key player out in front. You don't put your general on the front lines. Who would take Bush's place? Any sociopathic dry drunk with money in his family tree.

Looking at the Bush family kinda makes me think "The Washington D.C. Hillbillies". Barbara sitting in her rocker on top of the 1930s Ford. Now that's funny stuff. "Then one day Jeb was shooting at some food..."

Just goes to show you, incest does pay.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Killing a human being to bring about change is wrong.

even if that person is your father and they rape and beat you? what about if its in self sefense?

This war has taken thousands of lives on the pretense (you can say false or not but that doesent matter) of it being self defense (of our country).

bush killed (gave the order anyway, the blood might not be on his hands but brother bet your sweet ass its on his soul) THOUSANDS of people to bring about change.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowHasNoSource

Originally posted by sosuemetoo

Voting and non-violent resistance brings about change.

Ah, ok. Much better. Thanks for the laugh I needed that. I do agree with your other points though.

You ever heard of Gandi? Go check out how he used non-violent resistance in India.

But as far as the voting thing, I agree

Voting never changes anything....

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Voting matters...I hated Clinton so I voted for Bush and things changed for the better!

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   
what do you think would happen if someone kept knocking off the presidents and every presidential candidate and they couldnt do anything to prevent it?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drew Da General
what do you think would happen if someone kept knocking off the presidents and every presidential candidate and they couldnt do anything to prevent it?

What kind of fictitious statement is that? As soon the first was knocked out security would be so tight up the new president's a** that even the sound of him breaking wind would bring in the marines. Honestly like so many others have stated before nothing would change. Bush doesn't make the world go round, it's a much bigger machine then that one man. The good ol oil-money train would just keep on rollin. And as much as all of you think that big changes are going to come with the next election...lol
Wake up! It'll just be a new face on the front of the big machine. Keep on truckin!

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
You ever heard of Gandi? Go check out how he used non-violent resistance in India.

The British should have killed him. Civil disobedience when it's met with semi-civil enforcement. They can't imprison everybody, but they can kill everybody.

For civil disobedience or other peaceful means to work in America requires several things which may or may not be in place.

1. We must have a real and functional democracy, no rigged elections, etc.
2. An extremely large percentage of the population, probably a majority, must be politically conscious and hypothetically willing/able to either takeup arms or simply disobey without exception until killed if need be.
3. The government must need/want a large population for one reason or another.

Suppose that the US government could do without half the population and wanted to do something immensely unpopular, but the majority of people were not sympathetic to or conscience of exactly what the dissenters were doing. The government could just start shipping the dissenters off to god knows where then killing them.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cebu

Originally posted by Drew Da General

What kind of fictitious statement is that? As soon the first was knocked out security would be so tight up the new president's a** that even the sound of him breaking wind would bring in the marines.

Killing people is far easier than anyone would expect. Humans are way too fragile and its hard to protect somebody. If he's in eyesight, he can be killed. Actually even if he's not in eyesight I think I could do the job if I knew where to get blackmarket military hardware and had the money for it. Killing somebody and getting away is the hard part.

The first time you shoot him, now they have anti-sniper teams and metal detectors.
Next time you strap a small explosive to a remote control airplane and use that like a missile.
Next time you buy an anti-tank missile on the black market and hit Airforce one from a kilometer away while it's taxing to takeoff.
Next time you crash a cesna into the president's limo while he's running around town to some event.

Before you knew it the Secretary of Treasury would be President and the Secret Service would be going friggin insane trying to figure out where the next attack would come from. Block remote control frequencies? Have a SAM battery added to the President's motorcade? Have special teams inspect the sewer under every street the president travels for bombs? Have a full batallion of Army Rangers do airport security wherever Airforce 1 goes? Cavity searches at the state of the union? Reinforce the roof of the whitehouse to make it Artillery-proof?
They'd go freakin insane trying to stop a guy who had money, expendable followers, and determination. If Osama Bin Laden was really all he's cracked up to be, then Rummy would be President by now.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
People in Washington would have a tizzy fit, and the world at large would roll on in its mindless moronic way.

Makes me wonder how much history would have changed with various key players missing. Would someone else simply have stepped foward and fulfilled the same role?

Maybe history has a general shape and flow and the details of individuals and some apparent movements make little real difference. They may just be window dressings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join