It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haunted Asylums & Hospitals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
anyone read this yet? pretty conclusive list of haunted asylums and hospitals... trying to think if there is something missing? Pennhurst maybe?

issuu.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: VerveStentor

utter bollox

i am partucularly ammused by thier wright up of denbigh asylum [ UK ] - in the " honorable mentions "

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: VerveStentor

I saw one a few days ago, I'll try to find it but oh boy....

It seemed like one of those "found footage" attempts but this one was different. Two young lads went to abandoned asylum and recorded nothing for twenty minutes-which could lead to it's authenticity-and then the boys spot something for a fraction of a second and you can see...well I can only describe it as half Chewbacca half moth. The boys high tailed it out of the place and into a car where their what I believe to their girlfriends claimed that they were lying.

Now I have my doubts, but it seems a helluva lot of effort to make a split second jump scare after twenty minutes of nothing.

edit on 13-2-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

look at your broswer history

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Well, haunts are real, despite the viral, click bait crap everywhere online... but guess one has to experience it themselves before defying the materialist paradigm we were all indoctrinated into.

Saying something is real, or happens, does not in any way mean one knows the whys and wherefores, though. I can guess that "reality" is big, trippy and ultimately unknowable in the present human form... but I wouldn't bet hard money on it.

I also would tend to stay away from old asylums and hospitals, too. Trauma seems to attract trauma.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Yeah, Pennhurst, Lechworth Village are missing, may be because they are even more controversial?

Danver's Asylum no longer exists, besides last I heard the shell of the front area of it was the only thing left. An apartment complex was built on top of it's old location. People claims it's very haunted due to that. There was a movie made about it-more of a psychological thriller than paranormal though, before it's demolition.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

how so? I thought it was alright? not convinced by them all but wouldn't mind checking a couple out...

top topics

join