It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War 3, just around the corner...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Gothmog

Just what I was going to say.

The world has been far closer than this to wwIII. Bay of Pigs. Cuban Missile Crisis. Hell, the Berlin Airlift. The entirety of the sixties and seventies... Need I go on?

This thing in Syria is no worse than any other proxy war. Bad, yes. WWIII? Not so much.

All those were not even close.
1) A launch of a test ICBM by the Soviet Union that went "wild child" on em
2) A Soviet Lt.Colonel once save the world by disobeying protocol (orders)
Those were most likely the closest . Ever.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: IncessantOptimist

What more is required for ww3 to start?

A country worth fighting over, and Syria ain't it.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I'd actually forgotten those... Seems to make the hypothesis of Syria being the catalyst of doomsday even less likely.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

If ww3 happens and Im still alive, gimme a gun and point me in the right direction. Ready.

If not, I dont care. This BS smells.

edit on 2 12 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

True enough.

But the sixties, and seventies, had other notable names: Sadat/Nasser. Kimmy's grandfather. Stalin (well, the fifties, anyway). Khrushchev (sp?). Brezhnev. Andropov. We also had Reagan, if you want to go with a Trump. Qaddafi (sp?). ...and a host of other notables.

There was never a lack of faces to put to the name "enemy". Yet, it didn't happen.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

True enough.

But the sixties, and seventies, had other notable names: Sadat/Nasser. Kimmy's grandfather. Stalin (well, the fifties, anyway). Khrushchev (sp?). Brezhnev. Andropov. We also had Reagan, if you want to go with a Trump. Qaddafi (sp?). ...and a host of other notables.

There was never a lack of faces to put to the name "enemy". Yet, it didn't happen.

Not to mention Al-Qaeda desperately fighting off an invasion by the Soviet Union.
Those were "strange" times. Glad I lived through them...

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Now that I can agree with. Strange, indeed.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
If World War III does start, say goodbye to humanity. With Russia and China in the mix, it won't be too difficult to attack the U.S. homeland and vice versa. Once Pandora's box is opened, if the nukes don't kill us off, it will be the radiation fall out.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
If World War III does start, say goodbye to humanity. With Russia and China in the mix, it won't be too difficult to attack the U.S. homeland and vice versa. Once Pandora's box is opened, if the nukes don't kill us off, it will be the radiation fall out.

If it was gonna happen , it would have done happened...

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
When hasn’t the world been in a perpetual state of war? It seems to me in our age it’s just it can now be better televised and reported on. Hollywood even makes dramas and action movies Re telling events to suit agendas and sell tickets. Would the world be normal without war?

Nope. That would mean that everyone would have to agree on sharing and helping the poorest be able to live a decent life.

It's much easier to bomb them for their natural resources and wave the flag of NATIONALISM and demean others because they don't want to democracy as hard as you!!!
(Enter the Monster Trucks, Rocket Launchers, and FREEDOM cuz WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
hmm well as far as tension goes, their are some hot spots. Its hard to call, but I have a feeling a big conventional war is brewing some crap went down in the Middle east this weekend, Korea is on pause until another missile test, Russia, and china has been testing the USA resolve, Russia with close jet fly byes scaring the hell out of military pilots and china making artificial islands in disputed ocean territory in asia. I see more posturing than anything at the moment. Any time now thou if war broke out in the middle east or Korea, I would not be surprised at all.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

True enough.

Not to mention Al-Qaeda desperately fighting off an invasion by the Soviet Union.
Those were "strange" times. Glad I lived through them...

Don't forget the US sold chemical weapons to Iraq to fight those evil Iranians...
You'd think these groups would quit trusting the US.
But then again, the Iranians didn't poo poo a deal for weapons even though the us was the great Satan.

Same war. Same government selling weapons to both sides.
Not the only time it has happened.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Im in the UK and I respect the people of Syria with their right to elect their own leader in Assad.

But the people of Syria didn't elect Assad, didn't they? During the 2014 election vote did not take place in large parts of Syria (at that time being under rebel and Kurdish control) due to the refusal of the Assad regime to recognize their regional autonomy. In addition, most of Syrian refugees didn't vote in this election as the countries which host the larges amounts of refugees banned the elections (which also were dismissed as illegitimate by the European Union and the Gulf Cooperation Council).

Do not fall for the BS from the MSM.

There are many MSM outlets that say exactly what you are saying. RT is one.

I have never met a Syrian that has ever said a bad word about him

The death toll there is estimated to be somewhere around 500,000, and many more are dying every day. Maybe you should ask the families of all those people what do they think about Assad. I know there is a big amount of terror organizations operating there but all of it could have been avoided if Assad stepped down during the first wave of protests (demanding a democratic election) instead of butchering his own people. When the civil war started, there were no ISIS or any other terror organizations in Syria, so the first couple of hundreds of thousands civilian casualties are on his conscious. I argue that to find a Syrian who is displeased with Assad actions, will be extremely easy.

The moment his government is classed as a regime in the media you know the clock is ticking

So basically every time the MSM classify a government as a regime, it's a lie, intended to promote some agenda?
By your logic an actual dictatorial regime is impossible? Just something invented by the west, right?
The history of the al-Assad regime is ridden with violence and massacre which started long before the civil war. But I guess you don't have an issue with that.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
World War 3 is going to happen eventually. It's not an if it will happen but when. I doubt WW3 is around the corner but it is coming. Tomorrow/ Next Week / Next Month/ Next Year / Next Decade / Next Century.

No one can stop it from happening, it's called the Human Condition.

This Syrian thing is nothing but another series of skirmishes.

I been waiting since the 60's.

Get on with it already!

End this farce.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

the uk government does not speak for the british , just look at the mess they are making of leaving the EU , it has been a long time ago when the government acted in favour of the british people .

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I think Justin Timberlake sums it up best.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join