It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War 3, just around the corner...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Support for the Syrian Ba'athist government:

- Russia
- Iran
- China
- Iraq
- Kurdish militia

Support for forces opposing the Syrian government:

- United States
- UK
- France
- Israel
- Turkey
- Arab league

OVER the past weekend, Iran and Israel have engaged in one of their most serious confrontations to date. While the two countries have long had a tense relationship, a recent series of back-and-forth strikes has sparked a new direct conflict in Syria. Critics have warned it could explode into a war capable of further destabilising the Middle East.

Israel and Iran knock heads in most serious conflict to date

Seriously, what more is required for a third world war to take place?

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: IncessantOptimist

Public support.
Hopefully they won't get it.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
World War 3 is going to happen eventually. It's not an if it will happen but when. I doubt WW3 is around the corner but it is coming. Tomorrow/ Next Week / Next Month/ Next Year / Next Decade / Next Century.

No one can stop it from happening, it's called the Human Condition.

This Syrian thing is nothing but another series of skirmishes.
edit on 12-2-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Let's face it, governments are nothing more than legalized cartels fighting the legalized (and sometimes non-legalized) cartels of other countries not toeing the globalisation line.

One can assume that eventually some spark, some event will trigger things into escalation causing a cascade of actions towards nuclear use?

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: IncessantOptimist

just say the magic word and we will have many new military related jobs

WMD

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

A suprise attack on a significant installation or a civilian location by a "Fake" enemy to trick a country into striking first.

edit on 12-2-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: IncessantOptimist

Hillary Clinton

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
WW3 was supposed to start in the 50s. Then the 60s. Then the 70s . Then the 80s. Then the 90s . then 2000 , 2010 ...
Still waiting after 60 years.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
This is definitely not the first time in the last few years someone was certain WWIII is around the corner.

I think the environment of war has changed for large actors, it's been tit for tat proxy battles for decades and this is nothing new.

I don't see anything escalating past funding/arming opposition and acts of sabotage here and there.

Unfortunately it will fuel these spite proxy wars for years to come though. The world's sociopath leaders sure hate when their pride is attacked.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Im in the UK and I respect the people of Syria with their right to elect their own leader in Assad.

Do not fall for the BS from the MSM. I have never met a Syrian that has ever said a bad word about him or living in the country and I have worked with enough of them...

The moment his government is classed as a regime in the media you know the clock is ticking, bet they thought the war by Proxy would have done the trick??, now for stage two.. Hopefully the average Joe is able to see through the agenda...

RA

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Do not fall for the BS from the MSM. I have never met a Syrian that has ever said a bad word about him or living in the country and I have worked with enough of them...

Even if they didn't like him... Recent history would show not to ask the west for help.

Iraq sure is glad Sadam is gone, they're doing great.

Libya is not free of tyranny.

And Syria is starting to see the silver lining with western intervention.....

Is what history should read if intentions were pure.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Just what I was going to say.

The world has been far closer than this to wwIII. Bay of Pigs. Cuban Missile Crisis. Hell, the Berlin Airlift. The entirety of the sixties and seventies... Need I go on?

This thing in Syria is no worse than any other proxy war. Bad, yes. WWIII? Not so much.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
When hasn’t the world been in a perpetual state of war? It seems to me in our age it’s just it can now be better televised and reported on. Hollywood even makes dramas and action movies Re telling events to suit agendas and sell tickets. Would the world be normal without war?

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Sure it will eventually happen but not in this lifetime. There is no need for big wars due to the small skirmishes that require a constant flow of of new weapons. I would say this is what world war 3 looks like..we are in it..

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

Endless proxies that keep the money flowing for a select few...

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
There would be no lead-up to WW3 . So , no.
WW3 would start in the blink of an eye and be over in just a little over 30 minutes.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Gothmog

Just what I was going to say.

The world has been far closer than this to wwIII. Bay of Pigs. Cuban Missile Crisis. Hell, the Berlin Airlift. The entirety of the sixties and seventies... Need I go on?

This thing in Syria is no worse than any other proxy war. Bad, yes. WWIII? Not so much.

I hope you are right, Seagull, and I think you are. (fingers crossed)

The difference is, in the sixties there was not a Khomeini, a Putin, a Kimmy..... or a Trump.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

Sure it will eventually happen but not in this lifetime. There is no need for big wars due to the small skirmishes that require a constant flow of of new weapons. I would say this is what world war 3 looks like..we are in it..

yes!!

the world has been at war for a long time now.
iraq
afghanistan
syria
libya

the real question is, "when will this world war 3 end?"

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Im in the UK and I respect the people of Syria with their right to elect their own leader in Assad.

We know it was an open and honest election as Jimmy Carter blessed it on behalf of the UN.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
the human populace deserves ww3.. if not near extinction

top topics

<<   2 >>

join