It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that an advanced civilisation existed. Case closed.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Proof would be showing the so called mysterious "advanced tech".

So called experts say we can't do it even with today's technology.

Massive cut stones weighing over 1000 tonnes still laying where they were being quarried and dressed.

So.

Show me the machines.

Ask the owner of a large construction company. If you had unlimited funds. And, unlimited highly skilled work force. And, 22 years. Could you recreate the Great Pyramid of Giza? Then, i wouldn't be surprised if the answer was more like. Question. How much bonus do we get if we do it sooner? I know you said. "Modern stonemasons". But, i have heard the today's tech quote. Probably on AA.

The massive stones and obelisks laying in place or close to where they were being quarried. Well. Their high tech wasn't able to scan stone. All the time and effort to make these objects went to waste when they found faults and cracks. Had to abandon the job and start again. Or. They actually had limitations. And, they realised they couldn't move the bigger ones. They did do some amazing and massive works. But, like today. It was always trying to be bettered. And bigger.

The people who made these things were very skilled. And, maybe wasn't even a choice for many of them. Slaves. Oh. Don't forget animals. Large animals can pull more weight than humans.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

originally posted by: anonentity
It looks like the Russians have a more open minded approach to the question of an advanced ice age civilization than we do. They don't mind getting their hands dirty and doing some on site analysis of what technology was used to make certain cuts in stone. Either way the cuts left behind cant be done today by any stone mason, even if money was no object.
We all have our own opinions, but with the evidence some sort of portable power tool was originally used that could cut stone like butter, then transport it to any place they desired. Its starting to look like the ideal technology for setting up bases on rocky planets.

ROFL

No. All that video shows is that there are also Russian nutjobs out there making # up as they go.

So there is supposed to have been an advanced civilization. But all they did was cutting and stacking stones?

Where are the remains of their advanced tools? Where are the advanced ancient skycrapers, bridges, tunnels, etc? Or other advanced thinks like building wiring and plumbing...

Well that's just it, isn't it?

How DID they do it and not leave giant machines around?

And don't give us that, "a bunch of idiots moved and stacked these 100 ton rocks coz they had all the time in the world" did it.

I doubt idiots would be fooled more than once.

Did they need wires and pipes?

Or did the rocks take care of everything?

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It’s clear methods were used to cut and shape stone around the world which we don’t currently understand. I defy anyone to go to Egypt, as I have, look at what they achieved, including the bizzare cuts, polished surfaces, granite sarcophagi and come away thinking it was done with bronze tools and sand.

Same goes for South America and many other places. What was achieved defies belief and should stir questions in the minds of the inquisitive. We are missing many pieces of the jigsaw and I doubt we’ll ever truly find them.

Did the ancients have technologies we don’t understand? Yes.

We’re those advanced technologies? Maybe, maybe not. Likely we will never know.

I'm watching the bridge to Macau being built, for the last 8 yrs?

I can grasp the way it's being done, from dredging the bay for the piles to building the spans.

These megalithic stuffs are insane.

And if anyone wants to be truthful to themselves, they will admit the technique was worldwide.

Newearth has a vid on Moscow. Interesting.

Her Petra is the bomb.

Brien Foerster has a good one too.

edit on 2 11 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
1. It must be true. I watched it on YouTube.
2. The architect of this video is Andrey Sklyarov, who sadly recently died. He ran an organisation called the Laboratory of Alternative History.

LAU

I think there's archaeology which bases what it finds on a body of evidence, facts and science. Then there's pseudo-archaeology which attempts to insert a fantasy around the known facts. YouTube videos like this one ignore or demean what is already known or speculated (e.g. how ancient Egyptians cut stone), and use clever techniques like suggestive reasoning to conclude a fantasy that sounds plausible.
edit on 11/2/2018 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
So a Russian rehashes the Ancient Aliens series in 30 minutes and you're sold? Because he's Russian, that means Putin wants disclosure?
This has been discussed many times over in circles, but until somebody lands on top of the pyramid and turns it back on, and says "we are back", we will continue to talk in circles.
They turned Chariots of the Gods into a cash cow and opened some minds, so I applaud that. But there are numerous holes in their theories as well.
One example is The Nazca Lines. They claim some of them are landing strips. Looks and sounds very plausible. But then they go right into how vimanas were anti gravity devices so all these ships hovered. Why do you need landing strips then!?!

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
Putin wants to tell the world the truth.....Russia sees what America/Canada/England have done with its lies to their people and refuses to follow suit...it is in Americas/Englands best interest to keep everything hidden.

Any person can see what was done...we KNOW there is a truth being held back from us....we DO NOT BELIEVE our governments are oblivious...we KNOW THEY KNOW....this is a huge issue...it is about telling lies to the masses.

The smarter people will eventually begin to side with Putin and NewEarth and other Russians who are trying to share truths we have been denied.

A shift is already happening amongst the most indoctrinated of us....it cannot be stopped because smart inquiring minds will GRAVITATE to the truth eventually and Russia is simply making the catalyst available....they are seeding the crystal.

How much is Putin and the FSB paying you to say such ridiculous stuff? Putin is ex KGB soooo of course he tells the truth!! I think the Russians are just learning of and trying to cash in on the Ancient Alien craze.

People belittle the hard work done by normal human beings with normal human hands with this "the aliens bulit it" stuff, there are many writers and historians out there that can show how these things were built but its not as fantastical as the "other" types of vids posted, so don't get the attention they deserve. Only resently egyptian hyroglyphs were found that showned how the stones were quarried, carved and moved by boat to the pyramids and that the builders were treated extremely well.

edit on 11-2-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

edit on 2112018 by oriondc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

I Agree . The Industrial Revolution over the Last 200 Years has seen Modern Civilization go from the Horse and Buggy to the Moon and Beyond . Imagine an ancient Civilization that had THOUSANDS of Years to Develop Technologies that Today would seem like Magic , and this could have Happened Many Times in the Past 100 Thousand Years . Makes You Think , no ?

It's entertaining to contemplate advanced antediluvian civilizations but there's nothing that points to unknown civilizations coming anywhere near the levels of technology of even 2000 years ago (or 4000 years ago for that matter) and lots of evidence to the contrary.

I do think that there's potential for more finds like Göbekli Tepe which change our conceptions of prehistoric societies, maybe even the discovery of stone structures a few thousand years earlier but even then, we're talking societies having advanced enough to dedicate time to large projects.

As far as pyramids go, there's ample evidence of the linear evolution of pyramid building and it doesn't point to any fantastic technology lost to mankind.

Thread I did a few years back: For those who continue to believe nobody knows why the pyramids were built

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
Fascinating stuff, thanks guys for a damn good read.

If you thought that was fun consider this...the further back in our past the origin of the races we are now meeting....the further FROM THE FUTURE we think they are....because of the advanced evolution of their technology....lol....is that a dichotomy.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

a reply to: badw0lf

I beg to differ, mainly because of the potential ramifications. The big one being that they had technology to do things we cant do today. Who "they" were is up for grabs as well.

They were us.

We are still here.

According to Eastern Religions, i.e. in places like India, mankind himself goes through these cycles of rising up and falling down, ages of enlightenment followed by ages of darkness, and the cycles go on and on, never ending.

We have been here for a very long time.

The "we" that are here, are the same "souls" that were there back then. We just have new bodies. And this body we have changes over time, during the cycles. But, our "souls" don't change.

The bodies change in the same way your old body today is different from the body you had when you were young. But, the soul remains the same, in exactly the same way that you know the "I" within is the same as it was back when you were younger.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This is a point of nonsense. The real issue here is now understanding what the ancient people understood, and not that they were more advanced then we currently are now.

Stone aged people were not stupid, they just understood stones. I think that's the issue here, understanding what it means to be at the pinnacle of an age. Diamond tipped tools and weapons seems kind of logical when you think about it. Insisting that it makes them more advanced then us because of it doesn't.

Here's something to think about; the Temple of Helios. A well stated description from the time described the use of special stones to keep the Deity floating in the air. Following the descriptions of the stones you'll see that lode stone fits nicely with the description of what was used. Lode stone is naturally magnetic. So we could make something like the Temple of Helios today, in fact we have desk top toys that are basically the same thing just on a smaller scale. Though if we wanted to we could use a poor description of what was going on at the Temple of Helios and declare that the ancients knew how to defy gravity. Which they didn't.

I would suggest to anyone thinking that people were more advanced way back when then they are today, to go and see what the ancients did, and see if it can be done today. Remember that the stone aged people mastered the many uses of stone, the bronze aged people mastered the many uses of copper alloys, and us the fools that live in the iron age what have we mastered? Really a lot, but at the same time not much. We keep creating new things and moving on from what we had to what we have now. Can iron alloys be made to be lighter and stronger? I don't know, but since we have carbon fiber we don't have to waste time wondering about it and can just move on with inventing things. The ancients really didn't push new tech like we do. Over 2000 years age all the elements were in place to start a 1900's style industrial revolution, but since slave labor was both plentiful and cheap there was no reason to explore that. We (modern man) on the other hand decided that it was worth it.

The ancients weren't more advanced then us, they just understood the properties of the materials they were using, and exploited those properties more then we do. We on the other hand will often times just create a new material or technique of manufacturing rather then spend years trying to get a rock to do what we want. So in my opinion, people of the past were just as smart as we are today, but they were only focused more on what they were doing, while we, today, have many-many distractions that they didn't. That doesn't make them advanced, it only makes them skilled.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: moebius

Are skyscrapers and wiring really indications of civilisation?

Jump 10,000 years into the future and how much of today’s modern tech would still exist if some huge catastrophe were to hit?

Civilisation isn’t necessarily to be measured by today’s standards of what is considered to be modern or advanced. Being able to cultivate, build large sites and travel to bring that knowledge to others are probably more important.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Why is it, that every time I see the two words "case closed", I can be assured that it's anything but?

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I've always wondered why these "how the pyramids were built" people never contemplated using oxen, elephants, horses....they all show in their "recreations" scores or hundreds of human slaves pulling these stones on ramps

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

The ancients weren't more advanced then us

That depends on which ancients you're referring to.

Since we're in a cycle, of rising up and falling down, we can always find people in the past who where less advanced than we are today. But, looking harder, we can also find people who were more advanced that we are.

In the future, the people will be less advanced than we are today.

They will know it too, because they will see some of our remnants of technology that they can't reproduce.

We have a book that tells us all these things. It's called the bible.

edit on 11-2-2018 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: blackcrowe

Yes massive stone obelisks lay unfinished, simply because some event stopped all work on this planet for a considerable amount of time. When the work resumed it was of a poorer quality and a different style, usually built on the foundations of the previous style. This is just a fact of analysis. Mega ton blocks of stone were moved from the quarries many miles away and fitted with great precision. In many sites these megaliths have been moved a few feet and incorporated in the later archecture. Then the later civilization settled on the spot. You don't need to see the machines that did the work, to know that the work was done in a certain advanced sophisticated way, just like when you look at a modern car, its assumed that many highly sophisticated tools and concepts were used in making it. You just enjoy the car. The people that could make the car, are a fraction of the present population. If they left for some reason ,their would be no cars. Just like the users of the tech that made the megaliths.
Building a city out of bedrock is the most efficient way to build, everything is on site, the only thing is portable tech to do it. Some one had that tech, and it isn't us, because we would still have it.
The Indian Vedas and the old testament could be historical facts, as told by people that didn't quite have all the facts, but just reported things as they observed them.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Could be advanced civilizations are more prone to self destruction.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

If you had a stone technology, and understood it, you probably would have had all the raw material for the needs that humans require being met. Housing plumbing permanence, if you only used stone, and observing the type of stone being used and the qualities of said stone, and realizing that the electrical qualities of quartzite stones seem to be their popular pick. Then ask what would our civilization be if all the quartz crystals were removed from our communication devices clocks and computers? If as you say they really understood stone, then its no leap of the imagination to say that the precision round holes , and copper locking joints. Had a further purpose than we at first imagined. That is they could have very well been jack points, the nature of the quartzite crystal, is if it suffers distortion on one side a charge is produced on the other, if its in a circuit you have an efficient piezo electric current. The massive amount of this stone, used the way they were locked together would because of the thermal expansion and contraction during the day on this scale produce a great deal of electrical current. The copper jack points in the mysterious holes, would have been robbed and the true purpose long forgotten.
You made a good point, either way if you picked up this current, they would have had not only a big wall but a generator.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

a reply to: blackcrowe

Yes massive stone obelisks lay unfinished, simply because some event stopped all work on this planet for a considerable amount of time. When the work resumed it was of a poorer quality and a different style, usually built on the foundations of the previous style. This is just a fact of analysis. Mega ton blocks of stone were moved from the quarries many miles away and fitted with great precision. In many sites these megaliths have been moved a few feet and incorporated in the later archecture. Then the later civilization settled on the spot. You don't need to see the machines that did the work, to know that the work was done in a certain advanced sophisticated way, just like when you look at a modern car, its assumed that many highly sophisticated tools and concepts were used in making it. You just enjoy the car. The people that could make the car, are a fraction of the present population. If they left for some reason ,their would be no cars. Just like the users of the tech that made the megaliths.
Building a city out of bedrock is the most efficient way to build, everything is on site, the only thing is portable tech to do it. Some one had that tech, and it isn't us, because we would still have it.
The Indian Vedas and the old testament could be historical facts, as told by people that didn't quite have all the facts, but just reported things as they observed them.

SPOT ON!

kudos to very sound logic on your part.

And to Roadgravel, I think you're right because when we get to say nuclear weapons we have to be some kind of patient to not start killing everything with it that wont do what we want.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
If these purported civilisations were so 'advanced', why would they be farting around with stone?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join