It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ozzy No More World Tours

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DustbowlDebutante

LOL! He also said "I love you all!" a lot.

He has earned his time to slow down as he is pushing 70. He will still be in the music industry, just not doing world tours.
It's tough on people in the industry to slow down or stop altogether as they have spent most of their lives doing what they love.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

LOL! He also said "I love you all!" a lot.

He has earned his time to slow down as he is pushing 70. He will still be in the music industry, just not doing world tours.
It's tough on people in the industry to slow down or stop altogether as they have spent most of their lives doing what they love.

Oh no, don’t get me wrong, I completely agree.

And as much as I hate to see some of my favorite artists retire and/or slow down, I have to say I would much rather they scale back their work or retire rather than pushing their bodies to such extremes that they require drugs that are so dangerous that they end up dead...see Tom Petty and Prince.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   

So true Dust!

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

He is amazing.

But its well past time he took a good long break. He cannot perform on long tours, during the later half, anywhere near like the standard that I know he would like to, and that people really want to see. I do not want to be misunderstood here, I have seen the man in concert a couple of times, and I am honoured, beyond my wildest imaginings to have done so.

However, of the couple of times I have seen him perform, one was great, the other was clearly a MASSIVE effort for him, and it rather took something away from the performance, seeing how hard he was having to work to belt it out. I perfectly understand this move, and think that at age seventy, and having been involved with some of the most influential music ever written, he has not only earned a rest, but earned the space and time he needs to recover between gigs and small tours.

There is no reason to expect a man who has lived the life he has, to be capable of going on world tours for extended periods, without tailing off toward the end, which can only lead to a cheapening of the legacy he has worked hard to create all his adult life. I say good on him for making a good choice, and keeping himself well enough to perform at his maximum current potential, rather than overworking a very tired, damaged body, to the effect of making the last dates of a tour utterly undesirable bookings.

Much respect to the man, and his wise choice to cut back on the touring.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

It's so good to see you my friend!

Concerts are too expensive for me now so even if he continued touring worldwide I wouldn't have been able to see him anyway. He certainly has earned his time to slow down, rest and spend more time with his family. I wish him well.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

a reply to: rollanotherone

How awesome for you! Zach was an amazing guitarist!!!!

yeah. I didn't know what to expect. It was a metal southern rock hybrid type of show. Still entertaining nonetheless.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Thank you, Night. I enjoyed listening to the banter between the two of them. Was she just an Ozzy groupie when they first met or was there story more complicated?

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

True, he is an amazing fellow. When we all get more birthdays most of us realize that life is all about slowing down and being with our families as we never know when the great curtain in the sky is going to close on us.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

How are him and Keith Richards still even standing?
Both should be studied for science.

Well, when I last saw Keith Richards he wasn't standing. He was sitting at the bar at the Hard Rock in Paris. As he looked older than God then (in 2000) he must be drinking embalming fluid to keep going so long.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I have seen Black Sabbath play live just once. They played the college i was attending in Birmingham ( their home town) in the spring of 1969. I don't think there where more than a 100 people there. I don't know why i went to be honest, as i have never been into Heavy Metal.

A few months later Judas Priest ( also from Birmingham ) played at the same college. I didn't bother going.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

a reply to: Trueman

I have seen him with Sabbath more than once and also when he went solo as Ozzy, with some great musicians behind him!

You've been blessed.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

Thank you, Night. I enjoyed listening to the banter between the two of them. Was she just an Ozzy groupie when they first met or was there story more complicated?

Good question. I think she was into business and ended up being his manager before they fell in love. Not sure. His marriage to Sharon was his second and they just adore each other.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Well, when I last saw Keith Richards he wasn't standing. He was sitting at the bar at the Hard Rock in Paris. As he looked older than God then (in 2000) he must be drinking embalming fluid to keep going so long.

Bahaha! I almost spit my coffee out!

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Wow, I was only 11 in 69. LOL So you got to see them in their early years, cool!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join