It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Bush Puts Jobs Ahead of Climate Treaty

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Putting a label on mine and others"strategy" does not change a thing.

Who's research and documentation should the world believe? The National Geographic Society who is funded by Pledging donations by people like us, or Steven Milloy who will not disclose who is behind his funding.

Also thank you MaskedAvatar you have saved me the trouble of researching the Cato Institute. I needed that info for another thread as well.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Also thank you MaskedAvatar you have saved me the trouble of researching the Cato Institute. I needed that info for another thread as well.

Glad to oblige.

Calling disinformation for what it is continues to be a hallmark of refined ATS posting. If only all members were as community service minded as you and I.

(J/K.)

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The problem is your not calling the information given disinformation, because you are not addressing it. What you both are continuing to do is address the source and that amounts to 'ad hominem'. You can discredit the source all you wish, the point is to discredit the information given.

Please, carry on though, like strategys utilized in there conversations always gives me the chuckle, anyhow. Next, you be chiming that 'ignorance' was truly denied this day, huh?

seekerof

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
The problem is your not calling the information given disinformation, because you are not addressing it. What you both are continuing to do is address the source and that amounts to 'ad hominem'.

No, I am not addressing anything to a man, only to an organization that proliferates information in support of commercial and political imperatives rather than the technical merits of specific things that it purports to research and analyze. Some of the people involved in that process are probably decent at heart, but few are incorruptible.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
You can discredit the source all you wish, the point is to discredit the information given.

Who decided what the point was?
Just because we are not using the same means to debate does not mean that you are right.

How is that the Cato Institute or Steven Milloy are correct and everyone else isn't?
The information given by these people contradict that of other scientist that say global warming is a problem. The Cato Institute and Steven Milloy are affiliated with the people who stand to lose money from any greenhouse-gas restraint.

Really it is up to the people who they should believe, not everyone on Earth is a scientist.
So who are they to believe? Scientist who are interested in the welfare of the world or scientist who are interested in the welfare of the guy who signs his cheque?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I used to believe that the Kyoto treaty was BS, until I my girlfriend rented the movie The Day After Tomorrow.

Grady...I almost choked on that. I thought you had lost it

You sly devil.
Thanks for the laugh after I scrolled down.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   

as posted by Umbrax
Scientist who are interested in the welfare of the world or scientist who are interested in the welfare of the guy who signs his cheque?

Are you implying that all those scientist that proclaim to the contrary on global warmimg do not have the best interest and welfare of the world in mind? That they are not concerned about the welfare of mankind? That they are only concerned with drawing a pay cheque/check?

If corporations, etc. are to "benefit" from keeping Kyoto and global warming bunked, would it likewise be safe to say that there are corporations, etc. that would equally benefit from Kyoto and global warming continually and seemingly being preached as the new global warming religion of 'Apocalypse Now" and "The End Is Near"? And gee, all this time I thought that Terrorism was being over-hyped and near to epidemic scare-mongering proportions.

Ah well, I still get a good chuckle when I see those, as Arnold would say, "eco-girly men" driving those super small hybrid vehicles down the interstate with a Gore or Kerry bumper-sticker attached to the back of their vehicles.

seekerof

[edit on 16-2-2005 by Seekerof]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join