Positron Flow

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I know that a flow of electrons is electricity, but what if you had a flow of positrons? Would it be like antielectricity? And what would it do? What would the opposite of electricity do?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
You would be able to create an android like Data in Star Trek: The Next Generation.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
What is it made out of?
But, seriously, what would happen?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DII503
I know that a flow of electrons is electricity, but what if you had a flow of positrons? Would it be like antielectricity? And what would it do? What would the opposite of electricity do?

Since I believe matter and anti-matter annihilate each other, we assume the positrons are contained in a system of antimatter somehow shielded from us. Positron flow would then embody current just as electron flow does in the realm of matter. Perhaps anti-semiconductors would exist from which anti-people could construct positronic circuits. I'd guess these would behave the same - the mass of positrons is the same as electrons, and the effective mass in anti-semiconductors would (I'm guessing) be the same, so equations for circuit design would be similar.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
A positron is an anti-electron and would annhilate with an electron if it ever contacted normal matter such as in a copper wire. In a environment composed entirely of antimatter, I guess it would exhibit properties exactly like an electron but with a positive charge, but this has never been experimentally proven. Perhaps a theoretical physicist here can add something else...

[edit on 2/15/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
A positron is an anti-electron and would annhilate with an electron if it ever contacted normal matter such as in a copper wire. In a environment composed entirely of antimatter, I guess it would exhibit properties exactly like an electron but with a positive charge, but this has never been experimentally proven. Perhaps a theoretical physicist here can add something else...

[edit on 2/15/2005 by djohnsto77]

Yeah, I know that it would annihilate, I meant in an "anti-conducto."

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Friend,

A positron can flow through p-doped elements without being annahilated. It happens in solarpanels too. Since when a photon hits a metal plate it releases positron's and electron's the p doped layer is above n doped to avoid annahilation at a large scale( yes it can not be completly avoided)
but the better the layers quality the less annahilation. those are then transported to certain machines that by giving charges power a magnet which moves coils and type of converts positrons to protons( the wire from a panel to the machine is made of p type for positive and n type for negative) I hope this helps you. also, if you need more on this ask me( This is my only speciality)

top topics

join