It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since I Don't Have All The Research & Dates . . . .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I've been fascinated with something I read several years ago about a genetic bottleneck in humans where something on the order of 75 percent of the genetic diversity in humans was snuffed out and we're left with what we see today.

Here is an article about the 10,000 year old skeleton found in Britain called "Cheddar Man". It's been determined the person had blue eyes and a skin color resembling Hindu or African people. This is a huge find that we have DNA to prove that certain combinations of skin and hair and eye color were not impossible regardless of how odd we might think they are/could be.

Cheddar Man Link

We may end up finding ancient humans with yellow or orange or red eyes, maroon or even purple skin, or silvery hair. Or even an entire people with hypertrichosis, or "werewolf syndrome" where the "dog boy' idea comes from (people with a mutation that lets their hair grow thick all over their bodies.) It connects me to fantasy stories and RPGS with "races" like elves, dwarves, etc. with strange hair, skin, and eye colors.

Just thought it was cool but didn't want people shooting me down for not citing every reference under the sun regarding this subject.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: frostjon361
There is a book from the 70s I remember reading called "Future Shock" by Alvin Toffler. Gets into some of what you are speaking of.

Future Shock - Wiki

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

The cheddar man wa literally on the discovery channel 45 minutes ago lol.
Ever weird. First time I ever heard of it, then this thread less then an hour later.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

The cheddar man wa literally on the discovery channel 45 minutes ago lol.

Waiting for someone to make a Trump joke...

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Your DNA is set.

Your children's DNA is set at conception.

The problem now for the human race is that we have controlled our environment to such an extent that further changes are not needed ... and so ... we stop developing.

I like to think it is just asleep until say ... the next ice age cometh or similar event that takes humans out of their comfort zone.

P

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

wrong. jeez... dna...

new topics

top topics

join