It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk???????

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I like him because unknown to you lot he is a Bond Villain his great plan is underway and you will soon all call him "Musk the Merciless".
I now have a job with him now I'm minion number 12743.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Soon! I bet it blows up. 100ATS$

I was thinking of attending the launch for just that well and because it's historic. Word is the NASA Causeway was opened for viewing as tickets to Kennedy Space Center have been sold out for a while.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
I like him because unknown to you lot he is a Bond Villain his great plan is underway and you will soon all call him "Musk the Merciless".
I now have a job with him now I'm minion number 12743.

"Elon Musk" already works as a Bond Villain name.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

I know you can just imagine him with a fluffy cat Mahahahahahahing.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Here we go! T-minus 30

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
What the heck is Elon Musk up to? The man is using a heavy lift rocket to send his sports car into orbit around Mars and the Sun. Is he that pedantic and filthy rich that he can waste a rocket payload to get his car spacebound.
Yes, yes it's a PRO exercise to promote his heavy lift rocket but come on people the man wants sectioning.

When you launch your first rocket I'll give you the mic otherwise get off the stage and bring in someone funny heckles...

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I think i have seen this on an episode of Star Trek Voyager. A car was found floating in space.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It worked perfectly hurray!

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Did they dump the car off into space? Will we be able to pinpoint its location and see it with telescopes?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
a reply to: Peeple

Did they dump the car off into space? Will we be able to pinpoint its location and see it with telescopes?

It's on an outbound trip that will intersect Mars and go into an orbit around the Sun.

I suppose with a powerful enough telescope and knowledge of its trajectory, it would still be close enough to see for a little while (until it isn't).

edit on 6/2/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
well this is a conspiracy theory site, so heres a theory,

the car is empty, just a husk, concealing a same weight but altogether different payload...

heres one further, they have been trying to get this payload up a few times, each of those instances are the events their missile failed to launch, (the ufo incident that occurred when one rocket exploded for example)
this stunt of sending a car was just attempt #x to smuggle something past someone.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Maybe he wants to hit an interstellar object?!

Collect his Geico insurance and the Guberments as well? Quadruple down on the payout!

Hate the fake guy, love the accomplishment. Just wish it wasn’t this plastic, er, skin peeled guy!

YAY science!! We don’t need to subsidize it to this extent since we have the NASA sink... imho
edit on 6-2-2018 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: all day, short words skipped... wth??

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

You're just jealous because he is sexy. He has so many cars he is shooting them into space. On a rocket he owns.
What do you have?

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   

I think he just a fan of Heavy Metal.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: tombaccei

Think about this: No one would risk a multi million / billion dollar payload on the maiden flight of an untested system. To be a useful engineering test the configuration would need some nominal payload. It could be bricks, or toy poodles of baloney sandwiches. Whatever it was would add a minute risk to some space vehicle in the future. Now, Elon is pretty damn smart, and for the price of a used car, he will be getting a hage payback in marketing value, and probably a hefty tax write off for this launch being an advertising stunt. If it all works, I can assure you we will have some stunning video of a red tesla sports car on the way to mars with David Bowie crooning to ground control! Priceless!!! I can't wait.

Lessons learned from Titanic :-)

Elon is awesome!

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   
It's a very simple concept, and Elon Musk himself explained the reason why he decided to send his Tesla Roadster into space. This was the first launch of a new rocket. It was NEVER going to have a satellite or other valuable piece of cargo on board. That being the case, why not do something that will capture the attention of the public (and perhaps more importantly, future paying customers), rather than just having a boring "test payload" on board?

I am extremely impressed with Elon Musk and Space X. They are going places, and they are doing it quickly, and with amazing technical innovations. For the first time in a LONG time, I feel that space flight is making significant progress. Despite the fact that the Space Shuttle was an incredible technical achievement, it was ultimately a failure, in that it did not deliver the reduction in costs that reusability was supposed to provide. Space X are now demonstrating a much better (and more economical) version of reusability, and I can't wait to see what they are able to achieve over the next decade!
edit on 7-2-2018 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I just awoke a moment ago and I had a dream he died in a plane crash.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Mogget

The answer will probably be both, a space shuttle plus those landing rockets. Maybe a solar shuttle? Maybe nano technology will make us replace the tiles with a flame resistent solar skin.
Or "intelligent" adapting to the environment.
My only problem is it seems fast if you think about it in earth relations, but it's very slow in space. Communication is a nightmare. At times it takes 22 minutes. And we want to go a lot further, not? I think we do.
22 minutes travel time from Earth to Mars would be okay...

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
What the heck is Elon Musk up to? The man is using a heavy lift rocket to send his sports car into orbit around Mars and the Sun. Is he that pedantic and filthy rich that he can waste a rocket payload to get his car spacebound.
Yes, yes it's a PRO exercise to promote his heavy lift rocket but come on people the man wants sectioning.

If i had his money and on my death i would be the first man sent to one of them earth like planets and dropped from a great height wearing a Superman outfit.

The guy's a genius and nothing wrong with having a sense of humour either. NASA, The Russians, the Chinese etc have a stick up their arse when it comes to space stuff. The payload wasn't really important, as you said it was all about the Rockets power and their successful return to earth. Job done...nearly.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I wish I had a spare 500 bucks to buy one of his flame throwers
I think they all sold out in minutes though.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join