It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attack of the Clones: Creature That Started as Pet Now Multiplying Out of Control

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

I cant recall off hand of course my information came from wikipedia which can be edited by anyone... if the salamander there was mentioned by the cited study and neglected what you say is something I cannot help unless doing the leg work the person editing wikipedia should have done...

But since I carried the information here? Hey fault rests on me, if you want to click the wiki link posted and check it out youre more than welcome too... if it is false information on the salamander using the same effect as the crayfish my sincere apologies as it was more of an aside to add information to the post outside of the article itself... which has nothing to do with the crayfish except the term for how the crayfish goes about self replication with no mate.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BEBOG

I cant recall off hand of course my information came from wikipedia which can be edited by anyone... if the salamander there was mentioned by the cited study and neglected what you say is something I cannot help unless doing the leg work the person editing wikipedia should have done...

But since I carried the information here? Hey fault rests on me, if you want to click the wiki link posted and check it out youre more than welcome too... if it is false information on the salamander using the same effect as the crayfish my sincere apologies as it was more of an aside to add information to the post outside of the article itself... which has nothing to do with the crayfish except the term for how the crayfish goes about self replication with no mate.

Do you are making a big deal about a false argument?

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BEBOG

And Your excited by a invasive species of crayfish that reproduces asexual? Similar to the way a single cell can cause a growing tumor?

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I simply took responsibility for providing false information not aware of it being false if it is... not seeing how that is making a big deal out of anything.

I appreciate all life in all it's varied forms known and unknown and make no qualms about it... if you've a bias towards life from one form to another? Hey your choice. BTW invasive to what earth? It belongs here drawing lines is not my style... if it can live there it can live there thats just what life does no matter how it got there.

edit on 7-2-2018 by BEBOG because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: madmac5150

I wonder how they taste..maybe good enough to eat.

I was gonna say. This seems like a solvable problem.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

Ya never know, with some drawn butter, or garlic butter..I guess they are not too big though.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zeta Reticuli
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

What about the Immaculate Conception?
I suspect Joseph was very naive.
"No, baby, I haven't been cheating. God knocked me up."

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Perhaps it is the first documented case of a messiah complex as there are people men and women admitted to institutions world wide proclaiming to be the savior of the world. So if Jesus was or has returned it's likely he or she gets daily injections of Haldol in their ass hanging out in a padded cell somewhere.

I think the flow of consciousness when attached to produces quite a few on a mission sorts in those sensitive to that wave of energy of all of those wanting and hoping for such to appear, but when it does it is called mental illness and off to the bin with you.

It's just one of the side effects of world mind as kamma when such a thing occurs en-mass.

Channeling that energy properly is the issue, when it ends up in the head it becomes ego when it ends up in the heart it becomes service.

lol sorry for the derailment but hey forums are for talking and the topic I suppose was bound to get philosophical... of course humanity rarely ascribes any morals where what gets called "lower life forms" are concerned. Sure they get mad at other life but they also get mad at the same life too and destroy both without a second thought... so equal but yet not when it comes to preservation is a curious thing.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Like life off world they don't want us to know about women being able to reproduce assexually.

Okay dude. Ok.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

No.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: and14263

No. I am a bit silly and eat carrots.

Not sure what your reply is insinuating but good luck!

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The story of the Amazons has to come from somewhere in reality at some point and time... all words being plagiarized even fiction has to be rooted in some truth.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Haha!!! Very possible

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Zeta Reticuli

I suppose even back then a good man was hard to find... Mary wasn't a fool; I called one a god in bed and the other handled his business. Both, well I suppose that is the 2000+ year pipe dream...

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
All female crayfish are taking over the world at the same rate as a certain all female plant. Throw some males in the mix and this will clear up.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

There are no "marbled" male crayfish... this distinct species is entirely female. She pulls what she needs out of the environment recombines it and fertilizes herself. Nothing wrong with that; as it is a proof to natural selection... sticking the monkey paws in saying throw some males in cause that aint natural? Is ahem well natural too...

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

no tis not natural at all. this was a forced feminization

think about where else forced feminization is used in plants

now look at the rates of expansion in both and you will find the plant realm effects the animal realm in unexplained ways

this never happened with those mexican crawfish cause they kept males in the mix

i wonder how the feminization of the american male relates to this?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Did you read the article?

This occured after 10 years of lonely hearts in a tank... the mind part well maybe I need some company and body got to work and produced the ability. Still natural the placing them in the lonely condition and then saying now we need to force breed them is the not natural... so they adapted to one, now we are to force adapt them yet again?

If Mrs. Marbled Crayfish wasn't already pissed off enough as a species... we gotta make them want males when they already know they dont need them to reproduce or survive... just sounds like a Salem witch hunt of ideologies for this poor species. We've done enough and they taught us something from what we have done... just because the species is not human? I supppose we dont see an issue in witch hunting them... I am sure they are more happy with the stake then dipped into creamy butter?

I dunno I can't speak for them... but life is life and even to an ant it's life is precious.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
the problem with parthenogenesis is that lack of genetic diversity makes the species vulnerable to disease. most diseases only affect parts of a population but clones are universally vulnerable.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Well a retrovirus of the species start surfacing after reproducing from what is fertilizing in the tank such as other fish or food that recominate the dna or cell structure.

We all are exposed to what is considered dirty food, and since there is no real legislation on what get called "mud bugs" I am pretty sure they are and have been used to the evolutionary cycle since well the cretaceous period.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join