It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edwin Jackson, Indianapolis Colts linebacker, was killed by an illegal immigrant

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

The suspected drunk driver who killed Indianapolis Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson in a crash on the morning of the Super Bowl is a Guatemalan citizen who is in the U.S. illegally and has been deported twice, police revealed Monday

www.foxnews.com...

I think Indianapolis should rethink their policy of not cooperating with ICE detainer requests.

The conundrum in this case is which side will the liberals back? The poor discriminated against black American citizen or the oppressed illegal dreamer who is just in America looking for a better life?

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree

Let the debate begin. I read this yesterday. I feel for the family. Young guy struck down in the prime of his life. Sad.....should never of happened.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Which side will the liberals back you ask. The wrong one.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluechevytree

The suspected drunk driver who killed Indianapolis Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson in a crash on the morning of the Super Bowl is a Guatemalan citizen who is in the U.S. illegally and has been deported twice, police revealed Monday

www.foxnews.com...

I think Indianapolis should rethink their policy of not cooperating with ICE detainer requests.

The conundrum in this case is which side will the liberals back? The poor discriminated against black American citizen or the oppressed illegal dreamer who is just in America looking for a better life?

Again this is where the issues lie, liberals will spout that no questions should be asked if someone is found to be illegal yet how the hell do you account for the people in the country and how the hell do you maintain security whilst up holding the values of the natives..

Sure all people do dumb things but there are many many situations caused where someone that should not even be in a country has caused harm to a citizen (I personally see it almost daily).. If the whole world shared values along with a decent IQ then sure open the world up, but of course in this reality it is a one way door where anyone and everyone is popping in to set up camp all with different ideas of what is acceptable..

The narrative of a wonderful world where we all get along and respect each other is a pipe dream, fact is people only get along in many regions as it is easier than having a war.

How people can not just support but encourage such illegal entry is simple mind boggling, but then I guess these people may well not have had anything happen to them directly caused by their whining.

I am almost surprised that the "Illegal" part was even included, but then it is Fox so hey...

RA

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

It's like the Islamophobia thing, a Muslim who decides to strap a suicide vest on in retaliation because the U.S. raped his country, obviously to the average moron that means all Muslims are evil

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

it`s nothing like that, this about all the people who are in the country illegally who are criminals by the mere fact that they are here illegally,so any other crimes that they commit while here is just adding insult to injury nobody is asking for all immigrants to be deported,just the ones that are here illegally.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluechevytree
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

it`s nothing like that, this about all the people who are in the country illegally who are criminals by the mere fact that they are here illegally,so any other crimes that they commit while here is just adding insult to injury nobody is asking for all immigrants to be deported,just the ones that are here illegally.

But your country is run by criminals, so what difference do the poor ones make?

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

It's like the Islamophobia thing, a Muslim who decides to strap a suicide vest on in retaliation because the U.S. raped his country,

Yes, please keep rationalizing terror attacks, it drives support away from your position in droves.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

It's like the Islamophobia thing, a Muslim who decides to strap a suicide vest on in retaliation because the U.S. raped his country,

Yes, please keep rationalizing terror attacks, it drives support away from your position in droves.

Good, if you think a suicide bombing which kills say 10/20 is any worse than multi million dollar bomb runs which kill thousands then please, just get away from me

edit on -216002018-02-05T13:24:19-06:000000001928201819022018Mon, 05 Feb 2018 13:24:19 -0600 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Here's a phrase I see all the time on ATS lately. "never let a tragedy go to waste"

I wonder if this post would even exist if it wasn't an illegal immigrant driving. Does this man's death have a different value when considering the person at fault?

Would it make your feel better if it was a registered citizen that ended this man's life so tragically?

(and i know what's coming. "if he wasn't here illegally, it wouldn't have happened".) Similar things can be said about almost every crime committed. It shouldn't devalue the loss of a person's life. Not everything needs to be political and using a tragic death to defend your position is just disgusting in my opinion.

Now, carry on.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

using a real life example of the worst possible outcome of laws not being enforced isn`t disgusting.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
What about all the criminals that aren't in jail that are out committing crimes? As I understand it, this guy was deported twice so he is known and has been caught. But a much, much larger problem in this country is all the criminals out and about. Why don't we start cleaning up that mess (and in the process undoubtedly sweep up a bunch of the illegal aliens as well). Personally, I don't care which camp a criminal comes from, they should be incarcerated. But the big focus in this country is on the illegal aliens and just ignoring the elephant in the room.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

yes, we have enough home grown criminals we don`t need to import more criminals and shouldn`t be protecting the imported ones that are already here.

People who are here illegally have demonstrated that they are dishonest and don`t respect our laws,since they are violating our immigration laws it would be foolish to think that they will respect any of our other laws.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eshel

I wonder if this post would even exist if it wasn't an illegal immigrant driving. Does this man's death have a different value when considering the person at fault?

The man would be alive if we just enforced our existing Immigration laws.

Spin it however you want, that truth doesn't change.

Sure it could have been anyone drunk driving....but it wasn't. It was someone here illegally, twice deported.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

The conundrum in this case is which side will the liberals back?

Who's to say that liberals, or anyone else for the matter, have to back either side you have described?

I find it in poor taste how cases such as these are politicized and it's value exploited.

As another member said, "never let a good crisis go to waste".

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

The conundrum in this case is which side will the liberals back?

Who's to say that liberals, or anyone else for the matter, have to back either side you have described?

I find it in poor taste how cases such as these are politicized and it's value exploited.

As another member said, "never let a good crisis go to waste".

My neighbor (2 houses down) was hit by an illegal, drunk driver and died recently.
He had also been deported.
She left behind four kids.

So yes. If he wasn't here. I wouldn't have happened.
Sorry Intro, didn't mean to reply to you. It was a reply to Esther.
edit on 2018-02-05T20:44:40-06:002201805America/Chicago2 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

I should think that each country on this planet has it's own home born criminals,so why add/allow MORE from elsewhere if you can possibly avoid it??

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

Great, use the death of this guy to score political points, give it A rest already

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Great, use the death of this guy to score political points, give it A rest already

And your use of it to demonstrate sanctimony is so very noble, right?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

And your use of it to demonstrate sanctimony is so very noble, right?

You are choosing to be a lowlife that uses the death of a man to look cool in front of your team.... I have no control over your moral compass or lack there of.
edit on 6-2-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: ugh

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join