It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shapeshifting people

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

My husband has seen a human face with the "underlay" not human. Or what is under the overlay of the human face,same thing i guess. Not canine though,in his case. It was a labourer at his place of employment.He said it looked more lizard-like. Idk he's clairvoyant,i myself have not seen that type of thing.

Interesting and thanks for the input.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Thanks for your input.

That's it.. if you just look slightly off-centre you can see an image change. It also happens with paintings, pictures, book covers, etc..

I guess it's very similar except this on a 'live' form not inanimate object.
edit on CSTTue, 06 Feb 2018 05:35:21 -06000000002805x021x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Have you ever looked at someone long enough to notice a shift in their appearance?

We all shapeshift.

When you're tired, go look in the mirror.

When you just wake up, and are refreshed, go look in the mirror.

You'll notice that at certain times you look "different" from other times.

It depends on the energy of the body.

The shifts are small, but big enough to be noticed.

Like having someone comment that you look exhausted etc...

So, shapeshifting is in our DNA.

The question is, how extreme can our shapeshift get?

Do we have the DNA for all creatures among the "so called garbage DNA" that seem to serve no purpose?

And can we somehow "activate" these parts of the DNA to shapeshift into another animal completely?

There are historical claims that men have shapeshifted into wolves, or lycanthropy, etc..there probably is some basis for this, like taking certain drugs or herbs may activate that part of our DNA returning us to some primitive form.

Thanks for your input.

Maybe certain drugs can help with the process, I don't know but would you really want to see what you would morph into?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

the mirror is a strong tool in magic/psychedelics

it can be awful looking in the mirror, ive never seen anything scary, startling sure but nothing evil.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

You'#re wrong... sometimes the human eye can see things which a camera can't and in this instance I'd say it's true. Maybe the image is only transferable via the human eye and mind, sort of like your sub-conciousness working without you knowing.

What you say there is absolutely correct.

There are two aspects to the things we see.

The first is the geometric form, which is basically what the OP seems to be referring to.

However, there's another aspect, which is an aesthetic perception of that form, which is dependent on the eye that is looking.

We all know the saying, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

And this is what you can see, but the camera often can't.

Beauty is an energy transfer from one person to another, and may be specific to certain individuals in a group. So, for example, you might perceive a girl to be beautiful, but when you turn to your friend, and ask him/her what he/she thinks, that person says they don't see anything special about her.

So, they can't see what you see.

That's because there's a special energy exchange between you and her, but not with other people in the group.

So, we all see the same form, but not the aesthetic induced by that form.

Sometimes, when you take a picture of the girl, and look at it, that picture looks different again. You can see the resemblance, but the "beauty" effect is diminished. You sort of have a "memory" that she's beautiful, but somehow the "camera" isn't capturing what you know to be there in reality, when you see her with your own eyes.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Maybe they were man headed dogs?

Or maybe people were really racist back then, calling everyone else animals?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Great way to put it and at least you understand what I'm saying.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Coincidentally, I happened to be reading up on the phenomenon some of you are describing. This is not the original page I had been reading, which I failed to save and can’t find, but it has much of the same information. There is a likely physiological explanation for why we see morphing features on faces we stare at: www.crystalinks.com... It’s called the Troxler Effect.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SheeplFlavoredAgain
Coincidentally, I happened to be reading up on the phenomenon some of you are describing. This is not the original page I had been reading, which I failed to save and can’t find, but it has much of the same information. There is a likely physiological explanation for why we see morphing features on faces we stare at: www.crystalinks.com... It’s called the Troxler Effect.

I had a look at the link and that's not what this is and nowt to do with my op.

The mirror thing is something completely different.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Around the age of 16yo - 18yo,i wold avoid looking in the mirror as much as possible when i was alone in the room,something "behind my eyes" that would creep me out.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Shape Shifter lore common with a wide range, with certain limits as to what they can or shape shift into. Kitsunes, Djinn, Wizards to Gods.

Doubt Anubis was a werewolf and that he identifies with a Jackal or Dog is left to interpretation. Maybe he hound for the dead chasing after their souls like a car, an gnaws at all the flesh on their bones.Like an actual dog...

Orsiris was a god of the dead too and identified with Nile and is given human characteristics. Set was an ardvark with hippos feet, an was a god of destruction an storms.

edit on 9-2-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)
edit on 9-2-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
I think if you study a person's face, they do start to look a bit different than when you first met them. I don't think it's shapeshifting though. Just taking on different perspectives. Know what I mean jellybean?

Yep. Our brains have a highly developed and specialized system for recognizing and analyzing faces (we are all essentially experts at recognizing and analyzing faces). It processes faces holistically (not zeroing in on specific features, but perceiving and analyzing the face as a whole). When you stare at someone for a sustained amount of time, a different part of our visual system will become active (that we use for general visual analysis), in which we focus on the details of what we are seeing.

Switching between these systems could result in some perceptual ‘weirdness’, akin to how fixating on a specific word can cause it to seem strange and unfamiliar .

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

No, that isn't it at all. Of course peoples features change over time but I'm talking about changing in a minute... morphing!

yeah after looking at them or focusing on them for a while.

How much do you know about how your own vision works?

All I can say is that my eyes saw what they saw. Maybe I hallucinated after keeping my eyes on her without blinking or maybe I did actually see a morph begin to happen.

Seeing as that what the human eyes do after focusing on something for a while I would say you have hit the nail right ion head with this.

Fatigue also plays a large part in your vision.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

There are some that believe that when a person sees people as I did in the TV show that we are seeing the "true" person and not the image they project to the world, like seeing the real self.

Yes, these people can be found in the many mental institutions around the world.

Yes and I found a way to "initiate" it if I am in the right state of mind. It seems to happen the more tired I am especially if I am approaching 24+ hours awake.

yes,

fatigue can create wild hallucinations in ones mind.

fatigue + weed or any substance that effects your perception will do wonders on your mind.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

I wasn't fatigued at all.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

a reply to: InhaleExhale

I wasn't fatigued at all.

Never said you were, you indicated your eyes were fatigued.

You said you were staring without blinking which is exactly what will make ones vision blurry after a while due to the eyes being fatigued.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join