It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new thread unravels from Indra's Web.. Azimuthal Equidistant CENSORSHIP.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

One proponent in favour of a Flat Earth model, set up a simple little website to show people the various oddities which led him/her to believe that a Flat Earth hypothesis was valid - he/she created a small forum on that site, which had only launched around ten topics up until the point that 'someone' launched a cyber-attack against him/her, which led to a bot creating over two thousand pages of copy/ pasted forum threads, all of which were written in a mish-mash of foreign languages, clearly designed to flood the forum with indecipherable nonsense, so that potential participants in that forum would get frustrated & give up trying to research the matter, at least insofar as using his website for that purpose.

This problem with denying the necessary supercomputer data to those who might use it in support of theories on Flat Earth/ Hollow Earth/ Universe Simulation, is nothing short of intellectual hooliganism. I will be sending an email to the site owners concerning the matter this evening, and I invite other ATS members to do so also, and to pass on the need for contact with NullSchool.net to any of their friends or contacts who would find it useful to have access to that previously available real-time data in the context of an Azimuthal Equidistant Map Projection.

Cheers,

FITO.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
or maybe they just got sick of people linking to the website for that dumb ass porpouse

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Couldn't agree more!

I'm all for exploring any and all ideas, no matter how out there they are...
I feel there is much divisive 'propaganda' going on.

To the OP
I use nullschool windmap almost daily and I also noticed the AE issue
... Noticed exactly because I currently frequent FE groups, discussing the matter, of the shape of the Earth.. Round, in my books, haha.

(I'm yet to see any evidence which holds up FE...)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Definitely contact the site first and see if it's database error or someone deliberately removed their map for some reason. You might also want to check out archive.org and see if you can find the images saved in the way back machine there to at least show people that the map was useful for something.

On a slightly different note, I get a bit tired of the outright mocking of the flat earth people. I give them credit for many at least trying to investigate for themselves if something is true or not. I don't believe the earth is flat, but it doesn't matter to me if someone wants to investigate it for themselves.

The positive thing I see is that people are not trusting the official sources only so want to prove to themselves that something is correct rather than relying on NASA images etc. The negative I see is that I think flat earth was actually a psyop from people looking to cover NASA's tracks. Some of the videos look fake to me (not saying all, just some), so I think if they promote the idea that relates NASA hoax videos to flat earth then most people will associate the two and instantly dismiss them as they believe flat earth to be silly.

I also think people are getting caught up in the idea that NASA lies therefore the earth is flat. The Ancient Greeks figured out the earth was round thousands of years ago. It's also easy to believe "government lies therefore everything from a government agency is a lie". That's a false assumption too. One thing I did find interesting though was apparently George Orwell wrote that he faced no greater hostility than when he asked people how they knew the earth was round. Most people just said "because it is". That was before NASA, so I imagine most people would just say "because of the NASA images" now. I think it's a good thing people investigate for themselves. I just don't see a motive for hiding the shape of the Earth. I've seen people say it would make people believe in a creator or God, but people believe in God now and is there really anything in the Bible that talks about flat earth beyond "four corners of the earth". I know there's some stuff about a firmament and a dome, but what is the exact translation before it was translated into English. I heard that the phrase "the meek shall inherit the earth" didn't mean what is commonly thought today, that it means "the people who know how to use the sword but choose not to use it inherit the earth" which is a totally different meaning,

Good luck in finding out what happened to the map anyway

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Ignorant Ape: What do you think of the fact that an Orthographic Projection has been substituted for the previously extant Azimuthal Equidistant Projection..? Do you not find it to be a little too 'convenient',

having " come to this issue late " - i have not seen how the data was presented on an AEP format - but having looked at the site in its updated form . i has to wonder why the hell AEP was ever considered as a sutible framework for this data

i really CBA adressing the rest of your paranoia - as most of it does not even address the issue

ETA : if you INSIST on fantasising - try staring at the CE data framework for several hours in the hope of flat earth insights :

link

edit on 8-2-2018 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I'm not a flat-earther.

But the first premise of all -- that we exist,

and

the second premise of all -- that what we perceive is real.

both are unprovable premises.

for all I know, the "core reality" is "flat" (2 dimensional)

and we are in a 3+ dimensional simulation.

Of course that's not what flat earth stuff is about.

In cosmology I believe, the math of the surface of an
event horizon is logically equivalent point per mapped
point, to the interior.

So if we are living inside a singularity, "an expanding universe"
or are on the surface of it, then in that very specialized
sense, we would have a flat reality, which convinces us
that it's 3+ dimensional.

But ultimately, yes... even if both of those points are
accurate.. in this probable SIMULATION in which we live
the simulated nutters should get in a simulated airplane to see
the curvature of this very pretty simulated 3D earth.

Kev

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join