It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic National Committee fundraising hits wall as GOP sits flush ahead of midterm elections

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: network dude

Oh I definitely believe conservatives are the worst of the two sides.

That said, this thread is about cheering on Republicans for raising more donor money than Democrats, is it not?

I thought the article was just stating some facts. Is the financial position of the DNC not what is mentioned here?

And you are free to believe whatever you wish, they are all crooks, but I guess we all need a teddy bear to hold sometimes, so you snuggle up tight.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

a reply to: whywhynot

The GOP is doing well because they have more wealthy corporate donor money then the DNC. That, and the Koch Bro’s are set to spend at least a half of billion dollars to further their greedy agenda. Yay, let’s celebrate money as free speech, Super PACs, and multi national corporations as people!

America Democracy is dead.

America democracy has always been dead since it has never been a democracy. It's a constitutional republic. This is highly disturbing to he MSM and the DNC. They keep trying to make America a democracy where mob rule wins the day for them. It's the same reason they were so upset over the "popular vote" or in other words, the MOB vote...

edit on 4-2-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Funny thing about the entire thing is if either party could put up a candidate that didn't make your skin crawl they would not need hundreds of millions of dollars to convince people they are not as bad as they look.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

The GOP is doing well because they have more wealthy corporate donor money then the DNC. That, and the Koch Bro’s are set to spend at least a half of billion dollars to further their greedy agenda. Yay, let’s celebrate money as free speech, Super PACs, and multi national corporations as people!

Agreed.

By making money equal to free speech, the assumption was people with money were successful and “better” and thus deserved more say in our democracy. That was an epic fail.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Re: www.foxnews.com...

Only $400,000 available for the "big comeback nationwide"? Good luck with that! The DNC is getting exactly what their leaders in Congress voted for in December. No $$$ for anyone.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The DNC has let, or helped, Hillary Clinton literally destroy the Democratic Party. Good riddance at this point.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Dear Democrats,

It is illegal to throw US currency into a dumpster fire...

Oops, I said “illegal”
Let me try again...
It is “undocumented” to burn US currency...
Hmm, doesn’t have the same effect...oh well, words do matter after all

Anyhow, cry me a river liberals...

-Chris

Well, the paper currency is just a "document" that you carry around with you.

So, you should have said, "It's illegal to un-document the currency."

Oh wait.

Crypto currencies don't have a document form, they are undocumented.

Does that mean all cryptos are illegal?

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Of course they do. They followed in the footsteps of R’s because they’d be dumb not to, but that’s no excuse for doing it. Wanna know why American politicans are so corrupt and don’t work for the interests of the American people? It’s because they don’t serve them, only those with the biggest bank accounts. Yet, everyday Americans from both camps mostly don’t realize this or want to fight against money ruining their govt because their news outlets, like the OP: Fox News, doesn’t talk about it and in fact supports it 100%. MSNBC, CNN, Breitbart, Alex Jones, and all the rest don’t talk about it and don’t make it an issue Americans should be concerned with.

Well naturally I appreciate the nice spin off to a different topic.

Bottom line, my article was about the DNC being broke and I guess no one disputes that issues. But wait, Nixon and Bush bad. Yeah, I know.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I don’t think that they have a message or a platform because they don’t have an effective leader. So, I get it! They don’t.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

America democracy has always been dead since it has never been a democracy. It's a constitutional republic. This is highly disturbing to he MSM and the DNC. They keep trying to make America a democracy where mob rule wins the day for them. It's the same reason they were so upset over the "popular vote" or in other words, the MOB vote...

Ding ding ding, you win the prize. Excellent observation.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Theyve been hemorrhaging money left and right due to so many cracks in fronts of their collective criminal side projects.

Hillary was a huge black hole. Maybe even record setting if we knew exactly how much money was illegally used by the DNC to directly support her campaign.

Hell the payouts to their own members to rob Bernie must have been astronomical. I imagine even Soros doesnt have the ability to wash and distribute endless billions without disrupting his daily operations. His power is also more smoke and mirrors.

The envelope was pushed, the illusion shattered, and now they are broke. Also, this isnt even over yet.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 2 4 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Speaking as a life long democrat, since the halcyon days of Gary Hart...oops...

Why are people supposed to vote Democrat again...? Every single planning meeting I've gone to since the Donald was elected has degenerated into "WE HATE TRUMP SOOOOO MUCH!!!" scream fests that nothing is accomplished at a strategic level. I had hoped, sort of, that it was a local phenomena...but given what I saw during the SOTU, and its aftermath (ugg, Kennedy), I see very well that it's not. Not sure why I was surprised...

The only strategy that I've heard is "WE HATE TRUMP SOOOOO MUCH!!!", and that's, quite simply, not gonna work. If the GOP doesn't have a super majority in the Senate I'll be shocked...maybe even both Houses. ...and the Dems won't have anyone to blame but themselves.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Speaking as a life long democrat, since the halcyon days of Gary Hart...oops...

Why are people supposed to vote Democrat again...? Every single planning meeting I've gone to since the Donald was elected has degenerated into "WE HATE TRUMP SOOOOO MUCH!!!" scream fests that nothing is accomplished at a strategic level.

They hate Trump so much they will threaten 1.8 M Dreamers a path to Citizenship.........let that sink in.

They haven't lost their way, they don't even know where they are

According to the Democrats, people are angry about have bigger paychecks and more spending money.

And they think they will win........

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Get your head around this...

EVERY Congressional Democrat voted AGAINST tax-cuts, bonuses, pay-raises and additional jobs, for BLUE COLLAR EMPLOYEES!!!

Who in their right mind would send $1 to any local, state, or national Democrat's campaign when the party has given every American the "F-You!" middle finger?

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I agree. Democrats don’t need money. We just need to wait. When mass medical bankruptcies start and clinics and hospitals close.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
I agree. Democrats don’t need money. We just need to wait. When mass medical bankruptcies start and clinics and hospitals close.

You are right politicians don't need money......said no politician ever.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Yeah. We will have to deal with elections being bought for awhile. The GOP has the rich donors. But sometimes the under dog can win in America.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Yeah. We will have to deal with elections being bought for awhile. The GOP has the rich donors. But sometimes the under dog can win in America.

Just quit it with "only the Republicans have rich donors" statements. The Democrats raised more last election and have big donors.

Open secrets top ind donors

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Oh. So now the democrats have plenty of money. Lol. Republicans are developing oppositional personality disorder. No matter how illogical, stand against democrats. Follow trump into mental illness.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Oh. So now the democrats have plenty of money. Lol. Republicans are developing oppositional personality disorder. No matter how illogical, stand against democrats. Follow trump into mental illness.

No, you implied that only Republicans
have big donors. Both parties do.

Sorry for pointing out the obvious fallacy of your statement.

Nice of you to go into attack mode when shown proof.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join