It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Analysis: With Nunes memo release, Trump barrels toward showdown with Mueller

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

WASHINGTON – President Trump is hurtling toward a potential showdown with Special Counsel Robert Mueller over the Russia investigation, and he has some decisions to make.
After approving Friday's release of a disputed memo written by House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes over the objections of his own FBI director and intelligence community, Trump's next moves will be critical for the ongoing federal investigation into Russia's election interference and possible collusion with Trump associates.
happening in this country," Trump told reporters when asked why he declassified the Nunes memo. "A lot of people should be ashamed of themselves, and much worse than that."

Analysis: With Nunes memo release, Trump barrels toward showdown with Mueller

adding that -

The president is also under investigation by Mueller for possible obstruction of justice in the Russia probe – and any further attempt to wrest control of the probe threatens to unleash a political crisis.

I think that in the attempt to clear up the place, The President is obviously going to deal with a lot of backlash from the opposition. Reminds me again of that Trump Illuminati Card. Then again, maybe we're just seeing what we 'want' to see. The dominos are positioned and between now and September, even I'm not feeling too great about what's happening here and in several other countries right now.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
What Russia Investigation?

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Not really sure, this came out 5 hrs ago. McCain is fanning flames against Russia though.

"Our nation’s elected officials, including the president, must stop looking at this investigation through the warped lens of politics and manufacturing partisan sideshows," said Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz. "If we continue to undermine our own rule of law, we are doing Putin’s job for him.”

edit on 2-2-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack

Not really sure, this came out 5 hrs ago. McCain is fanning flames against Russia though.

Yeah, that guy. He's still alive then? Hows his leg doing?

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

lol which one? He keeps changing it.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

lol which one? He keeps changing it.

Both I'd imagine.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

The phony one that exists in the trump deranged minds.

Mueller is not even hiding it is not about Russia anymore, it is about entrapping trump somehow.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I was talking to one of my political hack friends at work and was corrected that it was never a Russia collusion investigation, its an obstruction of justice investigation and always was.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

Mueller is not even hiding it is not about Russia anymore, it is about entrapping trump somehow.

I say: good luck with that.

Seems he has a large frog army behind him.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11

I was talking to one of my political hack friends at work and was corrected that it was never a Russia collusion investigation, its an obstruction of justice investigation and always was.

Yeah, he sounds MK Ultra'd .

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

That's exactly what it is. Just look at the indictments so far. It's a sham and a waste of tax payer money. It's disgusting and so are these people involved. It's a hate Trump investigation. It should have never been started. It's the biggest political hit job in American history. It's treasonous and anti American. These hacks are a total disgrace to law enforcement and are giving the good people of the FBI a bad name.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Yeah, he sounds MK Ultra'd .

Oh he's totally gaslighted by CNN. Hes still on the 17 Intel agencies talking point. He adamant about Russia attacking our democracy with Facebook ads.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

It will be very interesting to see what the Dems put in their Memo . Maybe they will through Rosenstine under the bus so he can get one of those fancy boots too :>)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

OK that's wrong it was never about obstruction.

www.documentcloud.org...

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
It has begun
The pond scum is being scraped off the top of the swamp...

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

"Our nation’s elected officials, including the president, must stop looking at this investigation through the warped lens of politics and manufacturing partisan sideshows," said Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz. "If we continue to undermine our own rule of law, we are doing Putin’s job for him."

lol spoken like a true flim flam man. so if we dont investigate were doing russias bidding, if we investigate were doing russia bidding... can we start charging russia rent cause they seem to be living rent free in washington dc
edit on 2-2-2018 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

Can someone explain where this keeps coming from? Trump isn't going to touch Mueller doing so would be political suicide. If Trump hasn't committed treason then he has nothing to fear. Even if they try to nail him for obstruction it would never stand. Because in court trying to prove obstruction would be near impossible because you have to prove what he was thinking.

Even if we say he fired Comey because his handling of the Russia investigation, proving he did it for fear of getting caught and not do to incompetency would be impossible to prove. Mueller may get an indictment but proving it in court is another matter entirely and Trump's lawyers would easily tear it apart.
edit on 2/2/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: proximo

Ironically, Mueller doesn’t “need” to entrap Trump. The Donald is managing to do a fairly good job of that all on his own. He’s his own worst enemy.

If the GOP had nominated Kasich, a moderate with integrity and little to no political baggage, there would be no Russian investigation against a sitting president or his administration. As it is, it looks like we will all have to hang a picture of dear comrade Putin on our living room wall.

Hope you’ve developed a taste for vodka.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust

Kasich has a face most punchable and a personality most laughable. I'm afraid he wouldn't have been able to cut through the HRC machine. Trump barely did with all the bombast and jingoism surrounding his campaign.

Hard fact of the matter is that Trump was the only R would could have beaten her.

How if it were Bernie, way different picture.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Yeah I know. I don't know what they'll do at this point. The whole thing is dicey.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join