It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Hypocrisy..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
hy·poc·ri·sies
1. The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.

With so many ATS members for/against the Trump investigation while being for/against a DoJ/FBI investigation into possible wrongdoings I feel the need to say this. All your posts are proof that you care more for your political ideology than for your fellow Americans. Shame on you and everyone else that claim to seek the truth and end of corruption but only for the opposing side of the isle.

I'm referring to many here on ATS. Those more concerned about their political party's image and less about the future of friends, neighbors, and countrymen. The hatred and divisiveness we see seems almost manufactured to keep us constantly at odds with each other. Hell, some members are brainwashed to the point when their party loses an election they believe that America is DOOMED. The fact is that our country is only doomed when we don't hold government officials, both elected and appointed to their oaths of office. It's only doomed when officials feel invulnerable because we give them a pass for criminal misconduct. Those at the top will see no justice until we can all agree we want "Liberty and Justice for All" and not just for our "team".

We should all be excited to see any investigations into elected officials (current and former) and the intelligence agencies. There needs to be even more accountability for those charged with upholding the laws. We need to use the checks and balances system laid out by our founding fathers in the constitution. Making sure our government is working for the American people is what will Make America Great Again.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

I agree with you up to the point where we ask "when has this gone on long enough in absence of results?" We can't allow the country to be held hostage by open ended investigations that jump from failed accusation to failed accusation with the attention span of a 6 year old that's just wolfed down a bag of sugar bombs. The FBI/FISA investigation is in it's very early infancy, the evidence supposedly exists, but has been obfuscated by one political party to prevent Americans from seeing what the justification for an investigation is. The investigation of the administration, however, has grown long in the tooth with the originally stated purpose (Russian collusion) long since having been admitted as a dead end by both the investigators and the ones responsible for starting the investigation in the first place and we are now off on the 9th or 10 tangential effort to find something on the seated POTUS... fatigue over that investigation isn't as partisan as the rabidity of "we must continue until we find something, anything!" is.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I don't have a problem with the DOJ/FBI being investigated. I have a problem with Devin Nunes doing it as the latest in a series of attempts to undermine, discredit, derail and distract from important investigations into Russian interference, not least which of is the investigation being led by Robert Mueller which has thus far resulted in indictments against two people who have trafficked in corruption for decades, here and abroad — two men who I don't think anyone who will post a reply would attempt to defend.

It also ensnared a dishonest National Security Advisor who among other things, received payment from the Turkish government (through an intermediary to avoid FARA) to lobby for its interests, including to the American public through a pro-Erdogan op-ed. It's also been alleged that he was at some point considering/plotting the illegal extradition of an Erdogan foe for monetary reward.

Who will argue in defense of that?

Devin Nunes it should be noted has also launched an investigation into Hillary Clinton and supposed impropriety involving the Uranium One affair. Another Trump loyalist has launched a probe into the DOJ/FBI handling of the Clinton email investigation (Goodlatte) and now we find out that apparently Nunes has launched yet other investigations that were just announced the other day?

Devin Nunes should not have anything to do with any investigations at all.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

There seems to be a law of nature at work in these so-called investigations: the more apparent the absence of any crime to investigate becomes, the bigger the investigation gets; the more apparent it becomes that there was a crime to investigate, the more struggle it is to get it investigated in the first place.

It becomes less and less unreasonable to assume that this whole Russian investigation is a charade to distract from certain element's attempts to subvert a democratic election.
edit on 1-2-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros
hy·poc·ri·sies
1. The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.

With so many ATS members for/against the Trump investigation while being for/against a DoJ/FBI investigation into possible wrongdoings I feel the need to say this. All your posts are proof that you care more for your political ideology than for your fellow Americans. Shame on you and everyone else that claim to seek the truth and end of corruption but only for the opposing side of the isle.

I'm referring to many here on ATS. Those more concerned about their political party's image and less about the future of friends, neighbors, and countrymen.

Totally agree but what you have to remember that people are sheep. Even when people know that their belief is wrong they will continue to defend it. They have done psychological experiments to prove this. So right now there are people grinding their teeth reading this who know their opinion of Trump is wrong but are more willing to shoot you and I down than admit to being wrong.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Hypocrisy Isn't Bliss.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

If anyone is for Trump it's because they are for their friends neighbor's etc,many who voted for him,were of different party affiliations,I think he has brought others together

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
In fairness to the topic, I voted for Trump. With that said, if he is guilty of conspiring with a foreign nation to be elected then he should be removed from office. I was once a blue dog Democrat now Independent that votes for who I believe better serves my interests and values. Whether you believe the Trump investigation has gone on too long or more obvious abuses of power have gone ignored, we should allow any and all investigations to continue as removing corruption is in the best interest of our nation. Partisan politics aside, I voted to drain the swamp and don't care what letter falls next to those names.

top topics

join