It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haven't Done Forums Since 2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
After leaving the world of forums in late 2009 and going out into the jungle that is the internet. Creating some cool things along the way and nearly finding myself a statistic a few years back I realize that the internet is definitely not the place for novices or amateurs. I would caution these social justice movements like BLM, Occupy and Anonymous it seems like anyone who associates or makes mention of them ends up on the list. But now I don't even do any form of activism for the short period of time that I experimented with it and simply look at a means for some rich philanthropist to get rich off the plight of the poor. So yet again I return to my previous but humble position on the internet as your typical blue collar nobody and quite frankly I like that way, less hassle and the death threats get on the nerves after while.

Got plenty of research from my experiences in the jungle and some insights on the inconveniences of advance technologies like the smart technology and the risks it poses to your personal security. I owned three functional smartphones from 2012 to 2017, as of 2018 I now own a basic flip phone and will never in my lifetime return to using a smartphone or smart tablet ever again especially after I mixed activism with smart technology (not smart is what you say obviously) but now I think there is definitely some room to teach people on the cons of smart technology even though there is a plethora of articles on the internet documenting these problems. But each situation is uniquely different and doesn't reflect everyone elses problem they encounter with smart technologies and there daily lives.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: UnderTheBus

Leading to what? People declaring their ignorance here about security so those listening can breach it?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Well if you don't tell someone about bugs in an operating system like Windows or Linux for example then how is it supposed to be fixed. Because most security researchers will do that sort of thing where they break operating systems to see how they function so that improvements can be made to the security of that OS. Are you suggesting that I'm ignorant for suggesting how unsecure smart technology really is and another thing I am not concerned about government spying because I have seen the threat posed by threat actor groups and the deployment of technologies that are similar to what law enforcement and intelligence community uses to spy on the general public.

Because research helps

Here is a few links that could get your head scratching a little bit and as a disclaimer I would not suggest purchasing or using this software or hardware against other members of the public. Seeing as that would constitute a crime and or a violation of some else's privacy based on current laws depending on what part of the western world your in.

Flexispy

mSpy

Mobi Stealth

The Spy Phone

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: UnderTheBus

Well if you don't tell someone about bugs in an operating system like Windows or Linux for example then how is it supposed to be fixed.

Thats different. You didn't say that you said things like...

I would caution these social justice movements like BLM, Occupy and Anonymous it seems like anyone who associates or makes mention of them ends up on the list.

I just would be careful about telling people(complete strangers) your specific information or problems on line.

Thats why people invent user 'names', ya thimk?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Hello i Havent Used An Online Forum With an Account on a Regular Basis In a Long Time Either.
Hoping to Get Into some of The Deeper Realms of Knowledgeable Topics and To Create Threads of my Own.
Glad To See You Around, im Also A New Member.

Wish You The Best.

top topics

join