It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Past life friends recognition

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This is a strange question I know, but please bare with me

Is it possible to recognize someone I knew in a past life in this life? It's kind of hard to explain but I'll try.
I ran across someones picture on a website and automatically recognized something about this person....But not the person. Something about this person was familiar...I don't know what. I automatically started to miss this person, someone who I've never met, talked to or anything. Then I started asking myself "I wonder if they still have their sense of humor".
My theory is that I'm somehow recognizing this person from a past life. I should point out that this persons physical appearance is not at all familiar, but yet something is.

I hope I've explained this well. If you need any clarification, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I've always felt a close connection to one of my friend's in elementary school and always thought it had something to do with a past life, but never any evidence to substantiate it. There was just a connection beyond a normal friendship.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Yes, this phenomenon is very real. Often it is dismissed as deja-vu, a random odd thought, or other such thing. Fact is, though, most people that we have known through past lives will reoccur from lifetime to lifetime. Sometimes they weill remain friends, other times, they'll be like familliar souls passing in the night.

What makes this possible is the memory of the soul. The soul operates mostly within the subconsious, not making much of what it knows available to your consious mind. However, in the event that you meet someone that you have once known, the most common sign is a sense of familliarity. Personally, I have experienced this many times in my life. My ex-fiancee was once a lover. My current girlfriend is someone that I have known countless times. Several close friends are ones that I have known more than once. I'll even occasionally run across someone at random, and know that I've known them, whether anything about their mundane appearance or life is familliar or not.

Often times, past friends and lovers will become the friends and lovers in your current lifetime. That "click" you feel with people is something that stems from a previous knowledge of them.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask if you have any further questions.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Thank you obsidian468.

You really hit the nail on the head with your response! Thank you again for reaffirming that I'm not a nut case

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
if thats the case and everyone we know in this life, we knew in a past life...how did we originally become lovers or friends?

i guess you could call me an open-minded skeptic.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
my wife said she was in her 17th life when she was 3 years old

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
damn...you have one old wife then...

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Well, if people can recognize you from past lives it would explain why some people hate me for no apparent reason. I haven't always been the gentle loving monster you've come to appreciate.

To be honest, the concept would explain allot.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by joey_the_scar
if thats the case and everyone we know in this life, we knew in a past life...how did we originally become lovers or friends?

i guess you could call me an open-minded skeptic.

I didn't say that everyone we know in this life..... it's just not uncommon to meet someone that you've known before. Every lifetime we meet new people. After meeting them for the first time in this life, chances are you'll meet them again in your next.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
So many of my friends, I've known before. It's sometimes ridiculous, especially when vague drifts of long-eroded memories begin to surface...my best friend for example - we communicate almost telepathically - we know each other so well, so precisely, that it's almost supernatural. I always think of him as my scientific colleague for some reason, even though my field of study and work is not science. He is majoring in chemistry, however..

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   
As Obsidian said, this kind of thing is not uncommon, maybe you have a subconscious telepathic link with this person.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Hah! I think it's quite conscious.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Anathema,

You saw this persons picture on a website. You didn't recognize the physical appearance at all. What exactly was familiar then? I think you should be honing in on that feeling and try to figure that out if you havn't already.

[edit on 082828p://18u28 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
[edit on 082828p://18u39 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I always feel connected to a certain type of people. They usually have black hair and are extremely intelligent and have a great sense of loyalty and responsibility but it is more like I see myself inside of them and their personality and I love them for it and feel connected to them for it. Its like love by sight, I love them and I don't know why, its like an aura or something that i feel from them. Like these people are people I could live with 24/7 because they are exactly like me, and I feel connected to them. I pick up on their gestures, body language, and how they conduct themselves and feel connected like what your saying. It's possibly past life through ethnicity. Like we have the same past lives in an ethnicity? Because I'm caucasian and notice this.

[edit on 18-2-2005 by Caldron of Hate]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Yes it is possable. I have recently met someone who is very much like me and when we are together it is sometimes like an electrical storm. This is the reason I found this page. We can relate in just about everything and this person just showed up at my apartment one day coming off the street confused and on something (i live in a strange neiborhood) but I took him in and made him feel good and he is so familiar it is like cool. So yeah I never thought about it but I now believe.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Anathema

This is so strange. Earlier this afternoon, I was grocery shopping. When I turned to go up the next aisle, a man was standing to one side of the aisle, with his back to me, looking at something on the shelf. I immediately thought, "I know him". It was just an overwhelming feeling like a wave washing over me. Strange, I know. I continued past him and never looked back. I don't know why. It was so strange. On the way home from the store, I wondered why I hadn't looked back. The whole episode was just weird and unlike me. Normally, if I think I recognize someone, I will try to remember them; maybe even go up and speak to them.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by obsidian468

_javascript:icon('
')
Wow dude your 100% right, subconscious is often counseled by your spirit but parallel and can be heard. Where did you learn that? I need a way to stimulate people I know and have already know, need a way to make them remember.
_javascript:icon('
')
I don't know about you but I'm one of those natural psychics, common misconception many psychics have is that they are only capable of doing what they do naturally but what they do naturally is just what they remember.

If you can hear your own subconscious then you can hear others subconscious, tho much easier approach is to channel energy opening even more doors.
If you learned that from yourself as I did then you are on a similar path as I and are capable of expanding your active brain as I have done._javascript:icon('
')

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Aislin

Should have approached him and interacted, trust me if you come right out and tell him you knew him from past life he will think you strange or take interest, depending how open he is and the will of his spirit and his purpose.

Make conversation and get to know people you already knew for eventually something might just click, this is the kinda thing that drives that true friendship, true love kinda thing.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Electric metaphorically or literally? Either way its somethin true.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join