It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does our world have 12 Dimensions?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I found a site that mentions that our world is made up of 12 dimensions.

Physicists recognize that there are at least 12 dimensional levels to the universe all existing simultaneously along side our own. Each level vibrates to its own vibrational tones and overtones of sound, light, color.

Dimensions are grids connection to each other creating our reality.

This is all the site says. I will do more research, but I'm curious what others know or have heard about the topic.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It seems to be toroidal. There are parallel windings, so some times and places are wound next to other times and places that are not sequentially linked. So there do seem to be natural doors that are 'sideways' links to other times and places.

It seems also to fit the Tree of Life - you can go to the Meru Foundation website and see a 3,10 knot torus. I don't think there is anything there that links the 10 on the torus to the 10 sephiroth, but it does fit. Superstring theory sometimes says there are 11 dimensions - that would be those 10 plus the axis they are arranged around (da'ath in the TOL).

12 works as does 13, since it matches with music (white keys = 7, black keys = 5, 13 is 'next octave'). Sound is what creates objects, tangiable things. Light only illuminates what is there for the seeing-eyed creatures, and is the same as heat. Both come from radiation as far as Suns are concerned. So, a Sun can be created with specific sounds.

Experientially, I'd go for 9. I think if you go above 9, then you would have to 'become' everything - the whole toroidal universes. That seems to be achieveable only by dying - you return to a state that is outwith the experience of what this universe is. Or ascending...

So....I'd say that 12 is more about the basic types of building blocks that are in use withint this universe(s), which themselevs are 10 (11 if you count axis, but really it's 10 ) based.

The Periodic Table is 8-fold, that is like the basic octave - 7 white keys and the return. By extension, the black keys are part of that. Hence why the Noble Gases are complete in their outer shells and do not react with other elements, and are of course in the 8th column.

(******please note that the 'white keys and black keys' is just what usual pianos and keyboards use - sometimes of course there are keyboards that are coloured differently. That isn't important, it's just the numbers that matter******)

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Look into String theory or M-theory. I even heard of someone claiming that there could be up to 26 demensions once.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Welcome to string theory.
Watch this program
it should explain the basics.
enjoy.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
That's some heavy duty stuff...and will take a while to soak it all in. So I'll be back in about a month!!

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The last I program I saw on this suggested that there were 11 dimensions.
This is M-Theory, the 11th dimension been a membrane.
It brought the string theories together and tied up a lot of loose ends.
The program I saw was called Universe (I think) on one of the UK documentary channels.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greyhaven7
Welcome to string theory.
Watch this program
it should explain the basics.
enjoy.

I watched the entire thing twice, and it made me come up with this question:

Is it possible to be taught be another how to enter higher dimensions?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Look into any of the works by Kaku or Green (Hyperspace and The Elegant Universe, respectively). Relatively easy reads compared to hard core physics texts. Ina nutshell they can get the quantum theories to sync up if you get into the 11 or 12 dimension areas - nifty....

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Look into String theory or M-theory. I even heard of someone claiming that there could be up to 26 demensions once.

I heard that one too, in fact yesterday on TV. How do you go about prooving something like that?

But i also heard there are up to five theorys of M-theory and as such there could be hundreds of dimentions, and an infinatly amount of universes.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pandoras Box

Originally posted by Jonna

I heard that one too, in fact yesterday on TV. How do you go about prooving something like that?

But i also heard there are up to five theorys of M-theory and as such there could be hundreds of dimentions, and an infinatly amount of universes.

It's proven and investigated using mathematics. No, there's no way to physically access that at this point in time. It's only possible to investigate it with math.

...and the math will just cross your eyes.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

It's proven and investigated using mathematics. No, there's no way to physically access that at this point in time. It's only possible to investigate it with math.

...and the math will just cross your eyes.

I know mathematics is the only way to express it, but physicaly it will be next to impossible to show, i believe their are other dimentions of course.

Yes the math would make my eyes get all tangled up. Pretty advanced stuff.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
A great subject..............a favorite of mine.............allow me to help explain higher multidimensional reality in a nutshell.........

Our perception is we live in a 3 spacial dimensional universe.........up and down/side to side/back and forth............3 directions all at right angles to themselves............now classical physics presumes that time is independent to direction and all matter exists within these dimensions.....

Along comes Einstein and demonstrates that time is relative, not an absolute and like space, can be warped or bent under the presence of gravity...............proven by many experimental confirmations, the end result is that time is no longer looked at as cause and effect.......but an actual manifestation of another dimension!.............but in our 3 dimensional world is perceived as time and effect............

Okay we have a 4 dimensional space/time universe at this point...........

Then along comes quantum physics...............the study of the very very small sees the reality of the atom and its conituous breakup down to electrons and a nucleous....

......then the breakdown of particles into neutrons and protons.........and from there all quarks and electrons....

....but then..........perhaps those particles and all the forces that keep them organized like atoms............and the force that acts on all objects, gravity may be all particle related.......

.......and that all these particles may just be.............strings vibrating in open and closed shapes..........and depending at how they vibrate and whether they are open or closed determines whether they make up the basic components of the atom........or even the basic characteristics of all forces we identify in our universe.......(ie gravity, electromagnetic, strong and weak nuclear).......

....and.....

....that these strings are so small.............that they fit into a reality of space that is so small......that they themselves are nothing but rolled up dimensions of nothingness too small to ever detect in our universe.....

......then just maybe then......

.......the higher dimensions required to make up these strings results in our universe having 8 more hidden dimensions to add to the 4 space/time we have now to make up a total of 12 dimensions.....

A string is a mathematic construct that you can visualize in the folllowing manner........

......imagine a cardboard box........

.....a 3 dimensional cube right?..........

....now imagine pressing it into a perfectly flat square cardboard paper....you've compressed 3 dimensions into 2 at this point.....

.....then compress one side of the square until you have just a cardbroad line...........now we've gone from 3 compressed into 1 dimension......

....now compress the line until it is just a cardboard point........3 dimensions now compress to a zero point dimension......

....that is similar to the make up of the string theory.....

......a string made up of hidden higher dimensional nothingness manipulated and folded back on itself to appear as dimensionaless lines/points in our 3 spacial dimensional universe. And it is their shape and vibration level that determines the nature of all subatomic particles that make up all matter, along with all subatomic force particles that make up the way all matter is organized and reacts in our universe....

.......True reality may just be a 12 (or other higher) dimensional nothingness that just morphs randomly into a variety of dimensional universes through quatum fluctuation of which we happen to live in one of those manifestationed universes of 3 spacial dimensions..........with cuase and effect (time) manifested as a 4th dimension........and all remaining matter and forces that interact in our universe as composed of the remaining 8 hidden higher dimensions of nothingness.........

Profound as it is...........all reality may be nothing at all which in our particular quatum fluctuated universe happens to manifest itself as a creation........or least we percieve it that way....therefore you don't really have a creation with our Universe, and you don't need a creator if there is no creation............all is nothing.........perceived as something because of this particular quantum fluctuation we live in (ie the Universe)with its resultant manifestions.

and this theory is not metaphysics...........but has strong underlying mathematical constructss that qualify it as a legit process of discovering the truth.............many similar mathematical models have worked to bring us to our current level of understanding, so there is reason to believe that we are headed in the right direction here as well..........

fascinating stuff...............exciting and heady stuff...........I hope this basic explaination helps you want to discover more on your own..........

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by invader_chris

Is it possible to be taught be another how to enter higher dimensions?

IMO by Astral projection.

pao

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
ok... who are the people that get paid to do that math? and where do they start and get their numbers from?

That is plain crazy. i hate math and now i hate it more.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by pao
ok... who are the people that get paid to do that math? and where do they start and get their numbers from?

That is plain crazy. i hate math and now i hate it more.

Just because you hate something doesn't mean it isn't true. Filter concious bias...

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Higher Dimensional physics rocks. For about a year I was reading every book I could find on the subject.

If you want to overload your mind just try and imagine what a higher spatial dimension would look like. It´s impossible of course but it´s fun just trying to think about it.

Other things that are neat are things like if you lift a basketball out into a higher spatial dimension you could actually turn it inside out without breaking the skin.

Anyways this subject is alot of fun.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Anyways this subject is alot of fun.

And quite mind blowing! Way over my head!!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
String theory only accounts for 11 dimensions and is in many ways opposiyional to M theory. M theory is an attempt to create a universal theoretica, albeit, somewhat abstract complete model of the universe. 12 Dimesnsions allows for standard Newtonian Physics to exist as well as String theory. In end there are two choices, an Msc in Theoretical Physics or the same faith based belief with which one approaches gravity.

In any case it might be necessary to take M theory as being equated to an attempt and not a success, explaining our Universe is not easy,

I recommend The Dao of Physics and Zero as being two excellent and highly approchable texts for a starting place in the field of theoretical
physics

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
the 12 dimension is the parralel dimension

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
There are approaching infinity now dimensions/universes. As many as the number of consciousnesses as have ever existed on earth since the original consciouness.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join