It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cutting off certain posts...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Just wondering if it is just me? This happens "sometimes" when I click in a thread, or go to another page within a thread. See how the posts seem to get cut off? It's usually towards the middle of the page. Refreshing browser makes it all good, but again just curious.

Using Windows 10 and what I believe is the latest version of Firefox. Note that Firefox is set up to zoom 130% on ATS so that I can read it...

Thoughts?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: edaced4
It's not just you nor is it just Windows 10...

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Happens to me sometimes, too.

Just hit refresh.

Solved.

ETA: Using Firefox for Mac. I'm thinking it might be a Firefox bug, since occasionally other webpages will not fully load content or images but text only.
edit on 25-1-2018 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I've got Win 7, and Yandex....and Firefox....and Waterfox.
I've never seen pages cut like that. I usually have the scale set to 110-125%

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

That's a new one for me, too. I've my screen set for 125%, using both my browsers (windows 10, and firefox).

I've no idea what's happening. Sorry I can't be of more help.

ETA: It might be connected with the old glitch that pops up every now and then that sends you to pages that don't exist yet. Just refresh, or click on the last page, and it should correct...

That's as far as my less than knowledgeable thinking takes me.
edit on 1/25/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I just go back to the previous page and try again. The view is always normal the second time round.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

The zooming should zoom the whole page and not singularily a box/post/reply within a box. Right? Mine is at 125 as well...
edit on 25-1-2018 by mysterioustranger because: Add

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
I've got Win 7, and Yandex....and Firefox....and Waterfox.
I've never seen pages cut like that. I usually have the scale set to 110-125%

I too get it almost every day. I can either hit quote to see the content of the post, and then .. oddly, refresh to get away from it (should be a cancel button, as if you decide not to reply, you cannot then reply to any other post) when I discovered as has been mentioned, just refreshing, usually resolves it.

Windows 10, firefox quantum. A miserable browser as it broke ALL of my addons.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

The zooming should zoom the whole page and not singularily a box/post/reply within a box. Right? Mine is at 125 as well...

That was my assumption as well...the whole page. I only shared that the page is zoomed as I wasn't sure if it was relevant or not.

ETA: Yes, refreshing the page "fixes" it. Ill just chalk it up to one of those weird matrix glitches that happen from time to time...

Glad to know it's not just me.
edit on 25-1-2018 by edaced4 because: eta

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Sweet! My partial post in your picture made your thread...I feel more famous now

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Yeah it happens to some..... Comptrs are getting funkier everyday... I just dumped 60-70% of content off my hardly used tablet...slow for no real reason n stuff...

Those cutoffs n things shouldn't be.. cutoff! Maybe you'll get some answers to pass along to us all!?

MS

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Just an FYI, I see mine in there. You want those cut off.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf
Windows 10, firefox quantum. A miserable browser as it broke ALL of my addons.

I can agree with that.....not to mention it is sloooooow and uses too much memory.....so I can rarely even use it anymore.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
It happens when you scroll too fast down the thread before the page has fully loaded.
If you allow the page to load fully before you scroll, it will not happen. Also, the full post will load if you star the post.
Those are the two solutions I know of.
Even if you refresh it, it will happen again if you start scrolling before the page is done loading.
I am using firefox on windows 10.

new topics

top topics

join