It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Falling Water Show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   
A new season of the Falling Water show has begun. Just wondering. Are there any "dreamers" out there who think that dreams have any power in the real world?
The best and most interesting part of my life is in dreams and I can turn them lucid. Anyone else with interesting dreams?

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: EveStreet

Hi there.

Yes, dreams are a big thing with me, too, and have been for many years. Even in the Bible dreams are a big thing. Mary and Joseph were given dreams to instruct them about Jesus. Daniel had dreams and visions, interpretted dreams for Kings, so did Joseph and many Prophets. Visions and dreams!

I have had so many powerful dreams. It is continuous. They teach me, give me little messages and a certain advantage. I do not discuss this too much in public now.

OP, let me just say that you are right to take an interest like this. I hope you can continue to develop and that your experiences enrich your life.

I think Carl Jung was a very great man. Psycho analysis has huge potential. He did the world a favour giving us this reference point.

edit on 21-1-2018 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: EveStreet
A new season of the Falling Water show has begun. Just wondering. Are there any "dreamers" out there who think that dreams have any power in the real world?
The best and most interesting part of my life is in dreams and I can turn them lucid. Anyone else with interesting dreams?
The short answer is "yes."
My dream world seems very "real" often.
I only have control over my own actions ,though.
I haven't gained control over the exterior characters and settings.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
i have incredibly vivid dreams that are more or less coherent and very adventurous and epic. i love them. sometimes i can go lucid but not often... but to be honest i enjoy them so much that i'm okay with not controlling them anyway.

i don't think they affect the real world, except putting me in a good mood because i enjoy them so much.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
May sound crazy. I had a vivid dream one night and waking up up i thought to myself "crazy dream" and then a voice said "we are the beings that give dreams"

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotherside
May sound crazy. I had a vivid dream one night and waking up up i thought to myself "crazy dream" and then a voice said "we are the beings that give dreams"

Dream warriors....

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: EveStreet

I have always loved dreams, dream very frequently and very vividly, and rarely have a bad one. From middle school until my early 20s I kept a dream journal, but it became too time consuming writing them down because of the vivid nature and length of the dreams.

I have had a few premonitions, and a few other weird occurrences through dreams (seeing something in a dream that someone awake simultaneous sees), but have only lucid dreamed a few times. As a kid, I learned how to wake myself up in the event of a nightmare, which usually involved falling.

I still love dreams. It's a great alternative reality, a fantasy land of escape and beauty. Maybe that's one reason I love sleep so much.

As far as dreams having power, I was big into dream interpretation for a while (mostly Jung), and while I think there is power in dreams and dream deciphering insofar as aspects of the (repressed) unconscious becoming somewhat conscious, I also think they can simply be a mental and psychic sortment of previous events or future desires.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: anotherside

Well, that certainly adds an interesting dimension, doesn't it? Wow!

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I've had premonition dreams before. They're rare but they're the ones I remember more vividly.

As a matter of fact, I had a very spooky occurrence today. About two months or so ago I had a dream where I was in this house (I think it was supposed to be mine) and it was full of stuff in boxes and such, stuff everywhere. Of note, there were old Christmas decorations in the upstairs bedroom. It was very vivid and detailed how the rooms were laid out and everything. Kind of weird how in dreams you just accept "hey this is my house now".

Well, our friends, out of the blue just bought a house that was pretty much abandoned that they're going to flip. I went with them to check it out and I was seriously freaked out because it was so similar, I got chills. The layout is the same, the boxes and piles of stuff everywhere, and there were bunches of old Christmas decorations in the back, upstairs bedroom. Even the lighting from the window placement was the same.

Seriously weird. And no, that's NOT going to be my house, cause I've already got one.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Hi there,

As soon as I saw your thread, I thought: "Awesome! An outlet to say what I think about this show..." And on ATS no less!

So firstly, Season 1 was absolutely great. I really, really enjoyed it. A surrealist, bizarre, thoughtful & engaging conspiracy thriller, which effused intelligence & fascination with the subject, the world of our dreams..

Sadly, despite having been excited to see that Season 2 was available - the new season has disappointed in the worst of all ways. They took a visionary concept, an astoundingly ethereal psychological head-twister, and turned it into a B-Movie, with a script which has all the finesse of my grade 7 English essays.

The actors, who all did well in Season 1, can be seen to be pained on this point. They rattle through the cheesy, dull & utterly predictable trash script, with a ridiculous back-concept that now, there's a new enemy in Dreamworld, and they must 'go in' to do battle with this evil genie (who has less panache & scare factor than a 1980's Freddie Kruger). Tired B-movie tropes & 'visual markers' (to show they've entered the dreamworld) are used - probably due to market research where viewers of Season 1 who 'didn't get it' complained that they often couldn't tell if the actors were awake or dreaming. Erm, that was kind of the point. Now, there's a convenient 'character falls backwards into a pool of water' scene, just to make the point that what you're about to see is a dream sequence.

'The Boy' is now an annoyingly mouthy little so-and-so, whereas before, the kid doing the acting was silent, and managed to pull off the creepy alien vibe really well. The sister of the main character has been swapped out for another actress - probably because the original actress was excellent in her role, and couldn't bear to take part in Season 2, to see them murder the series in the way they have.

With all that said, Season 1 definitely had some interesting concepts regarding the power of dreams, and got my mind wandering in interesting ways. I do have a sense of certainty that the world of dreams can be a magical, even a dangerous place - and with some background in psychological study, I understand the 'evolutionary theory of dreams' quite well. I have seen stacks of evidence that the quality of a person's dream life can hugely influence their waking life. In addition, I myself have often had literally astounding dreams, from among [natural/ psychologically meaningful/ spiritually potent] graded types - many of which have directed my life in positive & fulfilling ways. Any good quality drama which addresses these possibilities in a clever way, should be credited with helping to keep Human curiosity alive..

I feel saddened that Amazon so desperately wanted to suck money from the concept that they were willing to utterly murder what had been an excellent standalone drama production to do so.

Season 1 = 10 stars
Season 2 = 2 stars

edit on JanuaryTuesday1801CST03America/Chicago-060047 by FlyInTheOintment because: clarification

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

I do agree with you about the new season. I very much enjoy the actors doing what they do but the story line could have been sooo much better. And the falling into water - cheesy. Bugman = predictable. Yes they could do better. BUT I do think that something is up with dreams and they are very important.

top topics

join