It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question, cuffed front or back?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Silly topic I know but I was watching some show about New Zealand cops just now and saw people handcuffed with hands to their front and back.
I've only ever been cuffed with my hands to the front, always chill out when the blue lights appear lol, they're doing a job is all.

So has anyone got cuffing experience they can share as a cuffee or cuffer?
I made those words up in my head so if they're real words it's a bonus, silly thread anyway so comment as you wish, even if it's about fluffy pink handcuffs

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I've always been cuffed behind my back.

Except for one time when I was fully shackled and they placed a wide leather belt with a metal ring in the front on me and ran the cuffs through the ring and cuffed me in front.

link   

double post

edit on 20-1-2018 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

link   
and triple.

edit on 20-1-2018 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
In most jurisdictions of the US it is against regulation to handcuff someone anywhere other than with their hands behind their backs.

Shackles are different, and are employed as noted above. Usually for court appearances from custody, or transport, or work release.

edit on 1/20/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

#in 'ell we don't have that in Britain!

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
"Hands behind your back!"
I've heard that one a few times.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Well whenever they forced the jacket on me my arms were crossed.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
kept ex girlfriend cuffed to bed or to chair .

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It is safer for all to handcuff in back. Does not give the “person of interest” an easy way to attack the detaining officer and the detaining officer can control the movement of the person of interest easier by grasping the handcuffs links and guiding where to go.

The only dangerous part of behind the back is when seated in a car, which we were always trained to check and make sure there was minimal chance of injury.

Of course I last did law enforcement back in 1993 and we used to treat persons of interest as human beings since it was a presumed innocent environment.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

Last time I was arrested it was a question of behaviour and I was released with no further action and hour or so later

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

So has anyone got cuffing experience they can share as a cuffee or cuffer? I made those words up in my head so if they're real words it's a bonus, silly thread anyway so comment as you wish, even if it's about fluffy pink handcuffs

Cuffee and Cuffer chiming in.
www.dictionary.com...
www.urbandictionary.com...
Interesting (or not so much!) definitions above for you.
I have always been handcuffed in the back.
As the cuffer...they are NOT pink!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I got handcuffed once while in the military and they used special cuffs that have no chain in the middle.

The MP told me they were designed that way so if you tried to run away and fell (or got tackled) you'd break your wrists.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

it depends on how much of a danger they think you are, cuffing you in the front means either they dont think you are dangerous.
or
your just to fat to fit your hands behind you...

they cuffed me behind my back then when i was in the holding cell i moved my arms under my legs to my front, the cop was pissed. threatened to taze me if i didnt put my arms back under my legs back to behind me. the cop was very terrifying, very rash and violent, i was 16 and already in a holding cell. i was trying to be as polite as possible, i apologized to the cop for thinking it would be ok to move my hands to my front, still they shouted and grabbed at their gun holster to intimidate... some cops are just assholes. they love their job cause it gives them targets to be assholes to.

edit on 20-1-2018 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

The hinged ones? That's what I used when I did loss prevention.

I've always been cuffed in the back. I've always cuffed people behind the back. When I actually got to the police station the cop put them on in front since I was amicable to make me more comfortable. Against regulations but I am freaking charming.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Thanks for the interesting replies folks

Like I said silly question but had a chuckle reading through. It seems I've been lucky getting cuffed to the front, but I've always chilled out when the blue lights have appeared, never want to make a bad situation worse!

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   

When taking someone into custody you always handcuff behind the back,if you handcuff in front you haven't really immobilized someone,as they can still strangle you to death,and they cuffs would help,common sense to most

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   

it depends

cufffs behind = a credible threat of violence // escape // self harm // evidence tampering etc etc

cuffs front = just for show // banish ideas of an escape attempt

you can " set " hand-cuffs to be as comfortable or painfull as you want - depending on the detainee

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

She is still cuffed to them isn't she?.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Lol yes I know what you mean about the 'settings' of cuffs, mine have always been quite loose but a mate of mine was being belligerent once and his wrists took a bit of a battering when they clamped his on!
My rule of thumb is always chill out once you know you're nicked

top topics

<<   2 >>

join