It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting over a breakup, any tips?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

I live in the Capital.
Fully aware of what Wales has to offer

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru
I now find myself sat in a Pub just drinking the days away.

My tip is to go to nice pubs and try different ales, rather than stick to the same-old-same-old. I see you are from the UK, so I would urge you to explore the richness from English and Welsh brewers.

Other than that, you may discover a new life partner in some spit-and-sawdust pub. You'll never know unless you try. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I have to echo some of the others here.
Relationships are often ephemeral, it's part of the trial and error, the seeking, the trying, the failing-- because we can learn alot when we fail. It's just a part of being ALIVE. Maybe part of the process i think.
My wife just unilaterally ended our marriage of 15 years in July. I found in the end that I didn't want to get angry, bitter, or sad. I thought that's what I would feel-- but I didn't. I found myself feeling numb sure, shell shocked even, but I have no power to make her change her mind.
I got pretty introspective after I moved out, conflict was not something I wanted. Negative thoughts the same, likewise despair. Yeah I sipped a lot of scotch and zoned out seeking deeper for ways to process. Methods vary and so do results they say...but the point is that if I can't change it why should I waste my time dwelling on it? I decided to move on, I mean look around-- most relationships do NOT blossom into anything. I'm not special, it happens, so I need to get on with it. I'm stronger than I thought it turns out. And likely so are you.
In this oft blessed age we live in we forget, life can be hard, living can be hard, but it isn't a sprint is it? It's a long road and I believe we are meant to experience hardship and pain, disappointment and loss in order to appreciate the blessings when they happen. Pain hones us, hardship makes us stronger.
Change of venue, change of mindset, break out of the rut. Peer hard at the wondrous , in the little and in the big all around. Look inside yourself, you can move beyond this for it is a small thing in the big picture that is the tapestry of life..
Hang in there friend.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: flayer

Thanks for that Flayer. Powerful and wise words.
I'm sorry you are going through the same thing.
The pain of loss is physical and the loneliness all consuming.
Take care and best wishes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join