It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom petty died from an accidental overdose

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

A report just came out that Tom Petty had Fentanyl and Oxycodone in his system.
It was mentioned he also had alprazolam and other downers in his system.

Petty also had a fractured hip, knee problems and emphysema while still touring. One article I need to track down stated he suffered from depression too.

First source.
www.foxnews.com...

Dana Petty, his wife, and Adria, his daughter, released the autopsy report from the coroner’s office that said the Petty suffered an overdose that was caused by a variety of medications.

I'll try to update with better source's. Didn't Prince have opiods in his system. I expected Petty to use "other medicinal" pain relievers. But it may not have been in his sytem.

www.rollingstone.com...

After months of speculation, a medical examiner has ruled that Tom Pettydied of an accidental overdose, according to a statement from the Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner. The Hall of Fame musician had taken several pain medications, including Fentanyl, oxycodone and generic Xanax. Other medications included generic Restoril (a sleep aid) and generic Celexa (which treats depression).

Christ, who was prescribing all this at once. All these meds would have stopped his breathing and then his heart.

Sorry for his families loss. But he is a legend and his music will live on.

Won't back down..
m.youtube.com...
edit on 19-1-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

It's surprising to see him so full of opiates and not CBD or something akin.

Another sad tragedy.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

My thoughts exactly. He's a product of the 60's and70's. But some doctor somewhere is about to get slammed like Michael Jackson's doctor.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Well Tom joins a list of many other "stars" that died of OD's.

Sad but totally avoidable, we will miss his talent.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
He had a good run.
May he rest in peace.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Pretty sad, sure more unknown cases that were speculated to be suicide(inconclusive) turn out as such. Lost one of our family friends to this some years back, apparently the medication made them so confused they didn't realize they had taken the pill already. One,two turns into many.

RIP

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Very sad indeed as im SMH in sorrow.

The Opioid crisis is very real here in the U.S..
Our Emergency services are running low on Narcan ( blocks receptors and stops the affect of narcotics)

In 2014, the CDC reported that the United States recorded the highest number of opioid overdose deaths in the nation’s history. This followed a steady increase during the previous decade and the numbers continue to rise, today.1

The American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) calculates that there were 52,404 lethal drug overdoses in 2015 – with 20,101 related to prescription pain relievers and 12,990 related to heroin

laerdal.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
A plethora of drugs, what could possibly go wrong. Self medicating very likely as well. I have lost three people to opiates, pills. Everyone adjusted their own dosages, never fails. Junkies usually don't last long.

Sorry, no candy coating. I hate what opiates have done to my friends and many others.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Suicide was also something that crossed my mind if he was in that much pain. But this may just be what the family is reporting via the coroner's report.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Damn. RIP Petty! Die in threes. Someone else will soon pass.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Most people become acclimated to the drugs. So like you said, they self medicate and sometimes take to much for the desired affect (Titration is key).
Therapeutic dosage, but they figure.. "2 made me feel good... 6 should be great"
Then respiration stop then the heart..

Edit: what most doctors won't tell you, is some opiods wears off fast in some people. This causes severe withdrawal. Withdrawal can kill you as well. Oxycontin was well known for this. Fentanyl too.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
A plethora of drugs, what could possibly go wrong. Self medicating very likely as well. I have lost three people to opiates, pills. Everyone adjusted their own dosages, never fails. Junkies usually don't last long.

Sorry, no candy coating. I hate what opiates have done to my friends and many others.
I've lost a few. Some more dear than you can imagine.
I leave it alone.

edit on 19-1-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigohues

He died back in October practically right after the Vegas Shootings.

Thomas Earl Petty
(October 20, 1950 – October 2, 2017)

2018 just started... let's get through it smoothly.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
As you said "respiration stops then the heart"

... that's the part not understood by the user, cop a nod, lay down and never wake up.
edit on 19-1-2018 by Plotus because: sadness

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Sadly yes..
But look at it as falling asleep.
But sometimes the user knows as it's happening. 😑😔

Edit: like I said, the problem is so bad that there is a shortage of Narcan. The problem around here is, there is no one type of user.. middle class, upper lower. It's everywhere.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Unfortunately, this is becoming all too common.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Yes... yes it is.
Everyone everywhere, people you know. Pennsylvania passed a law last year to take affect as of the 1'st of the year.

Drugs with opioid derivatives will be produced to not be chewable or breakable. Dissolve only to prevent overdoses. Tighter restrictions to, urine test of user whom are prescribed to ensure proper usage. Pill counts but I don't believe in my heart that this will solve the issue.
Furthermore, you can't get help... the hospitals are full. So you have to say something like you are a threat to yourself and others. You have to say you're suicidal

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Thanks for the fact check. Right on. I'm not sure why but I've got this vibe. Esp with Dolores o Riordan dying so random. Perhaps I need to chillax it's just the last couple of years and now even we've lost epic artists

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I guess he was bored of weed.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigohues

It's A O K..

Giving we are getting older. Our generation is at that point where it's common for celebrity passings. 2017 took some amazing people.

But Tom Petty's passing was an avoidable one regretfully.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join