It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas judge interrupts jury, says God told him defendant is not guilty

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
What religion does this judge claim to ascribe to?

I am sure the prosecutor went directly to the chief judge with that performance! The jury must have been wondering WTF just happened?!

That is scary as hell. I wonder what else the judge has done under orders from god? They make many case decisions in chambers. And how did she get 25 years? The judge determines sentence, so did he get a wake up call from his boss before returning to the bench for sentencing?

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I believe the jury determined the sentence.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

SEEEE!

Those damn activist judges are at it again.

Who voted this yahoo into office.

not the citizens

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe that this came out of nowhere. This judge didn't just wake up THAT DAY crazy

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

this may be a stretch but.... if voice to skull technology really exists as the cia has insisted it does. then this is the sort of thing id expect it to be used for, sway judges, tamper with juries.

and all seemingly in an effort to hush up a human trafficking trial. what a coincidence considering the cia's exposed involvement in human trafficking...

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

It depends on your definition of God. Perhaps a god (with a little g) told Bush to do the Iraqi war. In other worlds tptb told him.

edit on 19-1-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
This is why the world is as messed up as it is, ignorant cognitively impaired imbeciles in positions of power because most they oversee are dumber than they are.

K~

Or corrupt officials may actually get messages from their Gods.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MikeA
I find it hard to believe that this came out of nowhere. This judge didn't just wake up THAT DAY crazy

He may have been doing regular business with the teen, wouldn't want to lose that.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Who paid the judge off ?? ....also isn't there supose to be separation of state and religion ?..... Maybe the case made the judge want to order a pizza .
edit on 19-1-2018 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

There should be one more question added to the interview for being a judge.

"Do you do what Almighty God tells you to do?"

"Yes."

Congratulations. Youre our new janitor.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: NobodiesNormal

this may be a stretch but.... if voice to skull technology really exists as the cia has insisted it does. then this is the sort of thing id expect it to be used for, sway judges, tamper with juries.

and all seemingly in an effort to hush up a human trafficking trial. what a coincidence considering the cia's exposed involvement in human trafficking...

That's a rabbit hole I didn't see coming...could be a connection, I guess.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp
Fortunately your honor, God's opinion is completely irrelevant in a court of law.

With your permission, Council would like to approach the bench....

Technically that is false. In a courtroom, morals and judging others based upon morals is how people think and feel.

People feel, and think it is morally wrong to murder or rape someone, and guess where most people get their values and morals from?

That doesn't mean God actually told him to say what he said in court, but it isn't beyond possibility. The jurors obviously felt the woman was very guilty.
edit on 19-1-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

That man is insane.

I am completely serious when I say that people like this guy genuinely scare me more than an armed criminal breaking the law.

What a scum bag. His personal power is at Gods disposal?

No. WE made this all up one day and GAVE him power over our people. God can be God all he wants. Courtrooms are a mortals domain.

What this judge tried to do is not the law and so he wasnt acting like a judge. Not anymore.

Obviously get rid of him ASAP.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The goal of the Justice system is to be finite, concrete, calculable and unmistakable. None of those words describe religion. Disbar that man.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

Wow, just wow...How is this even possible? The judge interferes with the jury and it's okay? God says what?

Relax. No, its not okay. Not only was it immediately reported, but the jury didn't pay any attention to the judge. There will undoubtedly be hearings and I wouldn't be surprised if the judge were cited in this case.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Only in America........ or perhaps some middle easten theocracy......

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Wow, just wow...How is this even possible? The judge interferes with the jury and it's okay? God says what?

Relax. No, its not okay. Not only was it immediately reported, but the jury didn't pay any attention to the judge. There will undoubtedly be hearings and I wouldn't be surprised if the judge were cited in this case.

I would expect more than just a citation, I would expect him to be held to the same legal restrictions of anyone with regards to jury tampering.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

I would expect more than just a citation, I would expect him to be held to the same legal restrictions of anyone with regards to jury tampering.

1. The judge was not involved in the penalty phase
2. The jury convicted the defendant anyway
3. His conduct was reported immediately and recognized by all parties as illegit.
4. The State Commission on Judicial Conduct has been informed.
5. The issue has been widely reported

Anything more here? Seems like the proper authorities have been alerted and were pretty much immediately. Looks to me like the Judge will be sanctioned. Isn't that what you want to happen? Any outcries on the judicial system are both premature and exaggerated.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

doesn't mean it shouldn't be discussed here.

wow.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join