It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modular Mayhem Colin Benders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
When in need of soulful uplifting after a hard slog on ATS let power of analog synthesis work it's magic

bliss

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Never heard this guy but he grooves.
I first came onto synth music at an all night dance party in 71 that played Terry Riley's ''Rainbow in Curved Air'' all night long.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Saw your word Bliss and that brought me to another old favorite of mine from Don Slipian's ''Sea of Bliss''
Awakening''. It starts very slowly and never gets into a groove mode but just kinda floats along with broad chords and modulations over playing a fast flying set of synthetic arpeggios

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

How cool is this!
And people say electronic music has no Soul.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Bloody brilliant. Thanks for the morning wake up music.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Nice - love me the sequencers in your song

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Thanks for that, will look them up. Here's another of my favourite - AKS

A little like Tangerine Dream to begin with - but they go off into other realms.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Thanks -

This is why I rarely listen to commercial radio - my 120 gigs of my Ipod tunes in the car keep me happy

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

You're welcome - I' found this guy who's becoming popular - they're calling him the new Jean Michel Jarre

Sebastian ‘KEBU’ Teir - enjoy

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Oh yeah. I like that a lot. Very much like Tangerine Dream.
Back in the late 70s early 80s there was one radio show that did electronic synth music that I could find. It was called Music from the Hearts of Space. It was on only one night a week late at night for only two or three hours. I would take my cassetes and record each program to listen to later. I loved that ''sonic'' music but could find no other people my age who did.

All that ambient music, Eno, Stearns, Dueter. Now though I guess it is easily found for those who are interested.

Currently I have a new favorite. A classical composer, Mason Bates. He writes of all types of orchestration from small groups to large symphony stuff. He is blending full orchestras with electronic music and I am finding it exuberant.

Here is one from a set about water.

If that interests you, you can follow it up with a number of related tracks on youtube

t

join