It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House of horrors discovered in California 12 children involved

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I'm already disturbed by this but ventured into more updates. These sickos have been doing this to their children way before they lived in California. They abandoned their prior TX(lived 92 to 99) home, reports were it was covered in feces. I seen comments elsewhere about comparing these people to hoarders, maybe they aren't far off child wise because the sources say they did hoard material items. Hoarders of children for their twisted Disney World Fantasies-his hair cut and maybe she thought she was Snow White? That and or mixture of some sort of religious extremism.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
I'm already disturbed by this but ventured into more updates. These sickos have been doing this to their children way before they lived in California. They abandoned their prior TX(lived 92 to 99) home, reports were it was covered in feces. I seen comments elsewhere about comparing these people to hoarders, maybe they aren't far off child wise because the sources say they did hoard material items. Hoarders of children for their twisted Disney World Fantasies-his hair cut and maybe she thought she was Snow White? That and or mixture of some sort of religious extremism.

I heard this as well, I also heard that they refused ANY family members to ever visit. A few times, family actually flew in and they TURNED THEM AWAY when they called.

None of the family even knew where they lived

So sick. so Sad

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

truly barbaric stuff !

I think they should suffer ,and they will

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
THIS STORY IS ON TV all day long with live press conferences where they keep repeating chained and HOG-TIED and flashing the same PS pics.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
All they wanted was the money from the state... so disgusting.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: MelissaKay

How so? As far as I can tell, dad was gainfully employed and they didn't have any government assistance.

They had not taken their kids to doctors or dentists in years, raised them nocturnally and seldom let them outside (Disney/Vegas trips aside) The odds of them pulling a government check for them is damn near nil, people who abuse THIS badly want to stay as far off the government radar as possible, not enroll in XYZ.

The most recent info on these 2 pieces of s#. Snippits are no easier to swallow than the article as a whole is:

The California parents accused of starving and shackling their 13 children allegedly forced them to shower only once a year, never took them to a dentist, and strangled and beat them routinely, prosecutors said today.

The abuse intensified when the family moved from Texas to California, Hestrin said. The victims reported that the punishments started many years ago with their parents tying them up, first with ropes. When one victim was able to escape the ropes, "these defendants eventually began using chains and padlocks," Hestrin said.

The punishments lasted weeks or months at a time, he said.

The victims weren't released from their chains even to go to the bathroom, Hestrin said. They were also not allowed to shower more than once a year, he said.

Hestrin said the parents would buy food including pies and "leave it on the counter, let the children look at it, but not eat the food."

All the victims except for the toddler are severely malnourished, Hestrin said, adding that the eldest victim -- a 29-year-old woman -- weighs only 82 pounds. He said another child, a 12-year-old, is the weight of an average 7-year-old.

The victims have since been hospitalized for treatment. Doctors told ABC News the siblings were starved for years.

And the one most folks were just waiting to come to light. When there's this kind of extreme abuse, there's a high likelihood of sexual abuse, too. The question of who's really that baby's mama wasn't exactly a dark joke, it's possible.

David Turpin was also charged with one count of a lewd act on a child under the age of 14 by force, fear or duress.

abc7.com...

Another article, same local affiliate:

Hestrin said all 13 victims were severely malnourished and as a result some have cognitive impairment and a lack of basic knowledge.

The couple apparently had enough money. They bought food for themselves only and ate well.

The abuse apparently started when they lived in Fort Worth, Texas, for 17 years, but the torture intensified as they moved to California. The parents at a time lived apart from the children and dropped off food from time to time.

abc7.com...$12m-bail-each/2962838/

My husband bet if there was a raffle to sell the trigger-pulling rights to a willing citizen instead of simply feeding & housing them for the rest of their lives on a life sentence, these kids would have one hell of a trust fund for their lives.
edit on 1/19/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
If I'm to be extremely blunt, people disappoint & anger the hell out of me, and not just these twisted excuses for parents.

This thread was posted on Monday. Today is Friday, and there's only been four pages of discussion about it. Four. If kids being abused this badly for years on end doesn't piss people off enough to at least talk about about it (the crimes themselves, possible remedies, the lifelong mental & physical impacts on these kids, etc) en mass, then this country really is a sad sack of s#.

Two people had such a flawless stranglehold of 12 kids that they were abused long enough to the point of severely stunted growth, and starvation-induced neurological damage, and this doesn't bother people enough to chime in? WTF? A celebrity says/does something dumb & it's a dozen pages in an hour, but nary a shrug at extreme child abuse.

Well, we can see where the American cultural priorities lay. It's not the country's kids.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MelissaKay

Could you please explain your comment?

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I've been watching for updates.

What angers me is -- many (including relatives) felt or knew something was not right -- but did nothing.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
UPDATE: the 2 dogs were well fed.

Believe me, I'm outraged and following this.

I wonder how the girl knew to call 911 -- even on an inactive phone.

I also wonder if the kids were feeding the baby out of their own rations.

edit on 19-1-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I've been watching for updates.

What angers me is -- many (including relatives) felt or knew something was not right -- but did nothing.

That pisses me off, too. We encourage the hell out of ratting out any weirdo "just in case", even posters here have gone so far as to broad-brush general introverts as alarming & worthy of investigation, but apparently the hyper-religious get a pass? And evidently plain ol' family does, too, the extended family KNEW something was far from right, they mentioned the unusual thinness of the kids, the harsh rearing & religious strictness, was all "off" but nothing set off any red flags? I highly doubt that. I'm thinking this is a little deeper than just Mom and Dad, it was learned from somewhere as acceptable BS.

The neighbors don't get a total pass, either. It's hard to give them full blame, though, they're on the outside looking in with very little to go on. We know how easy it is for spousal abuse to be hidden, for example. However, all those years of red flag behavior & physical appearance oddities from the kids spoke volumes, and nobody listened. Or maybe they didn't know how to listen.
Some neighbors knew they were all there, some did not. I can understand if those who didn't truly didn't, considering how hermity these people were. But those who did see them and their instincts said something was wrong...I don't know.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
UPDATE: the 2 dogs were well fed.

Believe me, I'm outraged and following this.

I wonder how the girl knew to call 911 -- even on an inactive phone.

I also wonder if the kids were feeding the baby out of their own rations.

Oh well, priorities, gotta keep the pets fed. And mom & dad. Screw the kids, they don't need food

They did have just enough outside contact to overhear conversations (Disney, Vegas, the scant outings they had) It's possible the girl had overheard someone tell someone else to call 911 for help and she remembered that.

As for the baby, I know it's very possible for older women of her age to conceive and carry a child, but honestly...my gut says there's a good chance it's not hers. I know authorities said they're looking into the parentage of the baby, and couple that bit of info with dad being charged with lewd touching...That rabbit hole may go deeper yet.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Yahoo! News really rolls hard with these kinds of child abuse / murder stories. This is right up their exploitative alley.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

how were these people able to get away w this for so long?

It's actually a PRODUCT of today's FB status update culture. It allows you to "hermitize" yourself inside your home while still feeling "social". Youre more social than you've everbeen in your life, but out of the 10 closest neighbors you say hi to one or two, know a few details about 1 or 2 others, and the rest are a total mystery.

I live in an apartment complex with 4 buildings, about 75 units. Families get evicted over $100, $200... If they couldve gotten just $2 from each unit, it couldve been avoided but nobody talks to each other, nobody knows each others problems, nobody knows anything.

I often think it would be pretty cool and we could all save money, have a good time, and eat much better if we had big blocks of people making big feasts for the whole block, instead of each family individually buying and preparing a halfways decent meal... At least once a week, we could take turns having all the best cooks give us their best dishes.

But people think you have to go "somewhere else" in order to meet people, have a good time... doing that with your neighbors is "wierd". The guy who goes around introducing himself to the neighbors is "wierd".Why doesnt he just go inside and leave everyone alone? How did we get here where we distrust our neighbors so much we isolate ourselves in our own communities, and these sick social...mutations...occur?

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
Good Christian family.... typical

David and Louise Turpin are considered a good Christian family in their community,” David Turpin’s parents, who live in West Virginia, told ABC News. The network added that the grandparents can’t understand “any of this” and said the Turpin children were home-schooled.

David Turpin is 56, according to jail records, and his wife Louise Turpin is 49. State records show they run a school at their home. The parents were confronted by authorities at the home and taken into custody, according to the news release. In 2011, when the couple declared bankruptcy, David Turpin listed his occupation as an engineer for a global security company/defense contractor, and Louise Turpin was listed as a homemaker.

heavy.com...

Typical in what way?

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The oldest captive 'kid' is pushing 30yo

and now that they are free, am looking forward to hear/see their video testimonial.

Lest even that adult remain anonymous in this MSM story.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
If I'm to be extremely blunt, people disappoint & anger the hell out of me, and not just these twisted excuses for parents.

This thread was posted on Monday. Today is Friday, and there's only been four pages of discussion about it. Four. If kids being abused this badly for years on end doesn't piss people off enough to at least talk about about it (the crimes themselves, possible remedies, the lifelong mental & physical impacts on these kids, etc) en mass, then this country really is a sad sack of s#.

Two people had such a flawless stranglehold of 12 kids that they were abused long enough to the point of severely stunted growth, and starvation-induced neurological damage, and this doesn't bother people enough to chime in? WTF? A celebrity says/does something dumb & it's a dozen pages in an hour, but nary a shrug at extreme child abuse.

Well, we can see where the American cultural priorities lay. It's not the country's kids.

Don't try to make people feel guilty if they're too busy to comment on this on a social media site. (Yes......ATS is a form of social media) I have discussed this with my S.O. Just because people don't come online and talk about it, that doesn't mean they don't care. Maybe they care enough to talk about it to other people IN PERSON.

Anyway, I don't think the father and mother are going to last very long behind bars. The father especially. These people are just too weird and have committed VERY bad crimes against children. It's a combination that the prison population simply refuse to live with. Jeffrey Dahmer anyone?

And yes, this is a byproduct of American culture these days. Don't get involved with strangers and never, EVER assume the worst of people, even when your instincts tell you otherwise.

So let's focus on the kids and have discussions about how, exactly, they should be treated. And when, if ever, they can ever be normally assimilated back into the culture. (The same culture that allowed this to happen?) Better still, what country in the world is better suited medically, psychologically, and socially to where these kids and adults can have somewhat of a normal life in the future?

It would be a crime in and of itself to make them stay in the same country whose social "norms" allowed this to happen.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Im with you on that, people are too concerned with Gov shutdown and being vegan

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join