It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 18

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Ha! Tis true, tis true.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Hey Light, how's the neighbor? Things still quiet around there?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The Returned Destruction
Chapter 1.

Far from The Shedlands, in the distant mountains of Accasia, overlooking the great barren plains of the east, there sat a long robed figure staring out at the great valley far below.

He stroked his long grey beard as he sat by a campfire. As he leaned on his tall wooden staff he caught a glimpse of himself reflected in the crystal embedded in the top of the staff.

He chucked to himself and thought. “I wonder what Aria is going to think when she sees me now?”

This grey bearded man was Errollore of the Palindromes.
At least that was what he once was called.
He had now become Errollorre Colandar.

Errollorre had spent months alone in the distant mountains to allow himself to think and adjust to sudden change that had happened to him.
It was an unbelievable situation. One that could not be quickly explained.

How do you tell people that the wizard who was your companion in adventures for months was actually a disguised time travelling version of yourself?

How do you explain that after correcting the timeline you merged with your time traveling self and now remember the knowledge of a wizard over five hundred years old?

In the months since he had been gone Errollorres appearance had changed.
He looked older.
His hair and beard and grown longer.
Some of the grey had turned white.

Errollorre thought again about Aria.
“I look much older than when I left.” he thought. “On the other hand I’m still strong and don’t quite look like a bent over old man yet.”
“Besides” he thought. “I wonder exactly how old Aria actually is? I’ve seen one hundred year old elves who looked like teenagers.”

Errollorre chuckled to himself and leaned forward onto his staff as he stared into the embers of the fire.

As he stared he noticed a small wispy circle that seemed to float above the hot coals.
It grew to the size of a dinner plate and floated and waved in the air above the hot fire.

Errollorre stared intently as an image began to form within it.
He knew what this was. It was a vision. A rare phenomenon even for a wizard.

Errollorre watched closely as a foggy picture seemed to form in the circle.
Errollorre knew this vision would be short. The images like in a dream could be symbolic.
Or they could be actual events they either have occured in the past or are happening now or may happen in the future.

In the vision Errollorre saw dozens of black armored men riding black armored horses through a forest at night.
They arrived at a clearing full of smoldering ash.
They dismounted and using their torches, searched the ground until they found a mound of rocks that they pushed aside.

Then they went down into a deep cavern, it’s entrance the rocks had hidden.
Like in a dream the scene shifted to the armored men entering a large cavern that glowed with red smoldering rocks.

One of the men moved towards a large smoldering pile.
He unrolled a scroll and began reading from it.
Rising from the smoldering pile were burt bones.
They seemed to grow and attach themselves to each other.
Soon a full gruesome skeleton was standing there.
The skull turned towards the armored men lining the cavern wall and raised a boney finger and pointed it at them.

The men seemed to explode.
Flesh and bone, organs and nerves, all flew towards the skeleton like metal towards a magnet.
Soon a half fleshed out body stood and spoke to the one surviving armored man.

Then the half fleshed skull faced creature turned and looked straight at Errollorre.
It’s exposed jawbone looked as if it were laughing.
Then it pointed towards Errollorre.

Errollorre fell back and the vision ended.
“Acassia is in danger!” said Errollorre.
“I’ve got to get back to the Shedlands and warn them. Everyone's life is in great danger!”

edit on 28-2-2018 by Errollorre because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

Tom, you just made my night! You finally popped back into the Shed and...a story!!!!!

I guess you guys heard my lament over missing the stories. Thank you, that was awesome!

Send my love to Gail!

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Tom!

It's so good to see you mate!

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Reaping all of the rewards without contributing, getting to know you all as I throw up walls left and right to hide behind..
a reply to: Mike Stivic

This would be me- except I haven’t even lurked since the new thread was created.....

They say when it rains it pours..... I’m eagerly awaiting the shower of easier things.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

oooh, excellent entry Tom!

PS - Tell Gail that those shoes aren't as nice as the other ones....

edit on 1-3-2018 by Gordi The Drummer because: making mischief!

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Life is being rough?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Been solidly snowing for a few days now.

The local council only came out to salt the road and dig out the paths, today. We are due blizzard conditions again within the next few hours, and no one seems to want to suggest an end point for this particular arctic blast. Of course, for me, this is music upon the ear, because there is nothing I enjoy more, from a weather perspective, than being out in the frozen fist of winter, being crushed by it and consumed by it. But others are not having such a good time of it, with treacherous walking and driving conditions being the norm at the moment.

I am, as it stands, one of the only people in my locality whose movements have not been restricted by the weather situation. Despite the fact that the council came out to dig the pathways and salt the road on this, a semi-commercial, semi-residential street, most of the purely residential roads have not been gritted, nor their footpaths cleared in any way. This means that pretty much everyone except me, will be unable to enter or leave my corner of the world, until these snows retreat. In some ways, this is unfortunate, since I hate to think of anyone being so helpless. But on the other, it also means that the streets, for as long as this weather lasts, belong to me entirely, that I will be the only one to walk them, the only one to see them in their pristine, snow covered glory, or to crunch a path of footprints into the snow that has fallen on them.

Icicles a meter in length hang from the edges of the roof of the building opposite mine, thick ice covers the ground in many places, when the winds come, they cut the weak and the unprepared to the quick.

This weather is costing my business, damaging the economy locally, has the potential to harm people and property... But God help me, I love it so.

edit on 1-3-2018 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

It is at the moment. But, it’s all in good training, right? 😆

I’ve had a couple of ugly cry moments, but then I look at all that I have to be thankful for and can’t stay in a gloomy place too long. And I really think all things can work together for good, if we want to see it that way. So I’ll take it and hope for a way to apply the lessons I’m learning at the moment.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Glad you are finding a way to appreciate it. Personally, I can’t abide the cold. It’s near painful for me.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thanks Night. I'm sorry it took so long to get back.

a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Thanks Gordi.
I've got this story that's been running through my mind for months now.
I guess the only way to clear it out of my head is to write it.

I'll be back.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It's coooold outside...

You should see it in Winter!

G

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Just HAD to share this one.... it's brilliant!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Swanne/John, so great to see you again. How are you hun?

True, I'm glad you are enjoying all your snow. Neither Mark nor I can shovel anymore in the winter, so we are at the mercy of my Brother who lives in the apartment on the first floor, and or our neighbors if he is called into work. It's scary being out in icy weather and we move very slowly.
I know you hate the heat and humidity as much as I do though, so I can see where you are enjoying yourself.

Chels, it as though the Shed folk have been under a dark cloud for some time with so many people going through one thing or another. Stick with us Sweetie! Maybe we can at least bring a smile and some inspiration, but surely we can offer our support and love and that has to count for something. Right? So good to finally see you!

Errollorre/Tom, I can't wait for you to continue your story!!!!! Oh and...I LOVE your avatar!

Gordi, I love the pics!!!!!! Whos gorgeous kids are those? lol
I hope to hear more of your story too! I really miss when so many people added story entries!
I have seen different vids of dogs sledding and it so damned adorable and funny. Animals are such amazing creatures!

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

That's actually pretty wise.

Take it from a man who saw the end so many times - all of your worries, in the end, become trivial in the face of the bigger scheme of things.

The most important thing is to love.

Never forget to love. And to be kind. When everything has been seen, when everything has been heard and done, that the only thing that ultimately remains.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I'm doing awesome!

How 'bout ya?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

The Howling wind suddenly stopped!
The cacophony of noises from the storm outside vanished in an instant, and the only sound to be heard was the Creak! Creak! Creak! of a heavy footstep on the back porch...
and... It was coming towards the door....

Gordi leapt from his chair and grabbed a large poker from the fireside, then moved swiftly to cover the back door... holding his breath - he waited... the silence deafening...
Glancing down, he saw the old fashioned door-knob slowly start to squeak and turn.
The big Scot drew the poker back over his shoulder, tensing - ready for the conflict to come.
The door-knob returned to its usual position, but the door didn't open...?

Puzzled by this strange turn of events, Gordi leaned back so he could look out the window, but Nothing Was There!

He flung open the door and ran quickly outside - scanning left and right for any sign of who or what had interrupted his nap. But there was nothing to be seen...

Nothing but a small, wisp of dissipating black smoke and the faint fetid smell of burning flesh...

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Nice to see you too, WIS
I am doing good. Life is more boring, which is good. Been working on creative projects. Hope you are doing well

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

"Looks like Swanne burned his fingers on the stove, again", Gordi shrugged.

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join