It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There’s a Meat Vending Machine in Seattle's Flagship Nordstrom For Some Reason

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I don't eat animal products unless I accidentally inhale an insect. I'm not here to promote veganism/vegetarianism, but rather to give my carnivore friends something to gawk at. Those of you meat eaters who can afford to shop at Nordstrom (in Seattle) can purchase some edible animal flesh from a vending machine!

SOURCE No, you’re not dreaming. That’s really an Owens Meats vending machine in the men’s department at the flagship Nordstrom store in downtown Seattle. Praise the lard and pass the pepperoni stick. The meat machine, located steps from the best shoe shine stand in the city – yes, I’m a regular fixture there, which is how I spotted this awesome development – is filled with smoked and cured meats from the family-owned butcher shop in Cle Elem. Owens Meats was the pioneer of the meat-filled vending machine, rolling them out more than two years ago. There are now more than a dozen around the state including “Candy Machines for Carnivores” in Redmond, Wenatchee, Yakima, North Bend and in the Filson store on First Avenue. But Nordy’s???

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
So what,they have many selection's at several warehouses,I personally hate vegetables,so I'm appalled at all those dead plants,plants make oxygen,another case of thinking all about yourself

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It likely has to do with charcuterie being very trendy right now.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
So what,they have many selection's at several warehouses,I personally hate vegetables,so I'm appalled at all those dead plants,plants make oxygen,another case of thinking all about yourself

The plants that produce the most oxygen are not your typical edible vegetables- at least 1/2 of the oxygen in the Earth's atmosphere is produced by phytoplankton, tropical rain forests also make a huge contribution to the stuff we breathe.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Nothing like a superdose of nitrite preservative "food product".

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Brilliant!

Do they have Bacon Chips?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
You can never have to much meat stick

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Makes my mouth water.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

How much is in then depends on how they're done.

Local made stuff would use the least.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Almost every time I take out the Bentley I spend an hour or two at Nordys... Then up to Park City for lunch..
edit on 14-1-2018 by Plotus because: because I can

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I would like to see some of these machines serve the markets down here in Florida.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I thought of meat on a stick when I saw that thinking it will evolve into a machine that just grows meat on sticks one day. Over time people won't care.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
And by the way I work at one in California,great selection of vending machines,I may just try some tonight

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SkeptiSchism

Soylent green is people

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
As long as it isnt Soylent Green its a great idea

Anyone ever been to the vending machine restruant in Amsterdam?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi
As long as it isnt Soylent Green its a great idea

Anyone ever been to the vending machine restruant in Amsterdam?
It's called FEBO, here's a photo of one of them:

That sounds pretty cool - I have always been intrigued by the Automat restaurants that were popular during the 50's!

An automat is a fast food restaurant where simple foods and drink are served by vending machines. The world's first automat was named Quisisana, which opened in Berlin, Germany in 1895.
Vending machines are also popular in Japan:

edit on 1142018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Smoked meat. A vending machine for bacon. Win/Win/ Win.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Cool.
They need those in Airports.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

It's just odd, to me, that I could take my mother in law to Nordstrom for a fitting after cancer (great service BTW) and now, if it were today, I could ingest some risky food. The circle coming back around?
Take your vitamin C folks until we know for sure. I take my crispy bacon with a healthy dose of vitamin C.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Bah and here was me thinking this was going to be a foward thinking soylent green machine.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join