It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you think the government won't tell us the truth about aliens?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   

So, there is no 'disclosure' because there is no real evidence of aliens or even their visitations to disclose, and that which is 'covered up' is 'normal' stuff that is merely 'top secret' and the like.

This would be believable, except for the fact that though the modern UFO era is considered to start in 1947, there are accounts hundreds, even thousands of years prior...
No coverup then, except maybe by the church. And yet, the artwork commissioned by the church is what depicts the UFOs...go figure?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kwintz
The fact that it would cause mass hysteria? The possibility that their authority would be undermined? Or that it would crush some major religions? Or do they just not think we could handle it?

You HAVE the answer!!!! see, it was not that hard...these are the exact reasons they keep us in the dark, they would loose power, cause metal illness in some people, religions would fall....loose of control over the mass

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I think the government would be plain and simply to lazy to deal with the after effects of coming clean about aliens or e.b.e.'s

Well think of it this way. If we assume that their technology and knowledge is far advanced to our own then they would have to educate the population of everything they know or want to tell us about what they know or can do possibly integrate their technology with ours

Or maybe the government thinks that it may cause some sort of uprising or revolution. Meaning there will be people who welcome the existence and there will be people whom completely deny it even though the evidence is overwhelming and there will be people being hostile

I don't believe that if the existence of aliens is finally corroborated there will be no people so against the acceptance that they will be hostile if an alien were to ever be viewed publicly it wouldnt really be good if the first alien or aliens that are publicly displayed (I dont mean displayed as in like zoo pets i just dont know how else to put it) and have one be publicly assassinated that could spark hostility or even a full blown invasion

To put it bluntly our government and all the other nations that are aware of the existence should man up and accept the fact that they are here and deal with it rather than sweeping the issue under the carpet for too much longer

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Maybe there's nothing to tell. Maybe what is depicted in the paintings is from a previous Earth civilization that survived cataclysms by living underground in Antarctica or somewhere else. Maybe the PTB discovered technology that would assist them in controlling Earth.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Loaded question based upon several unproven premises.

1. Aliens exist.
2. The truth of their existence is being suppressed.
3. The Government is behind this suppression.

But were the above three assumptions fact, my answer would be that there is some sort of strategic advantage behind the secrecy. Americans are more open to such possibilities now than ever before... I highly doubt an Orson Wells WOTW panic would be a concern. Personally I'd love to see that sort of disclosure.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Personally I don't believe it necessarily is aliens that humans have been seeing/experiencing.
I do believe they are hiding something, some may be black projects, but what if future humans have been transplanted into the past via some kind of accident.
I explain my thoughts towards the bottom of the page in another thread here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I did not want to repeat my post from this thread.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
its quite simple really they won't disclose because they believe they have a tactical advantage by hoarding the knowledge they do or don't have

top topics

<< 1   >>

join