It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone use a bidet?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
not something i ever thought about. crocodile dundee didnt use no bidet and that was always good enough for me

now i am kind of thinking about it but it seems so strange. not sure i would like a blast of cold water hitting my grape.

so i was at class the other night and after i heard one of the higher belts talking about how he got this attachment for his toilet and it "changed his life"

of course i run on home to scope it out

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_4?s=kitchen-bath&ie=UTF8&qid=1515537558&sr=1-4&keywords=bidet

$35. easy to install

looking to hear from people who have used them
is it awesome?
is it meh?

sometimes the ole starfish throbs and a little cool down might be just the thing

seriously though....

waste of money?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I have this exact model. Have had it for years. Works great and great to have in addition to toilet paper.

Easy to install, and the cold water isn't a problem, although watch out for the pressure.

Some of my male friends have admitted to having wipes by the toilet, but the bidet is so much nicer.

I say, go for it!

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Just get some wet wipes to keep in the bathroom....

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Middle, thanks for the reply.
appreciate from someone with years of use

Edumakated, thanks for your reply too but get that baby wipe # outta here

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Reminds me of this article:

www.theverge.com...

If archeologists from a thousand years later were to find a Japanese bidet control, they would think the instructions were for opening a portal into another dimension.

cdn.vox-cdn.com...=/0x0:640x426/920x613/filters:focal(269x162:371x264):format(webp)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/c horus_image/image/52796229/INA_8830.0.jpg

More buttons than a space shuttle astronavigation system:

julesandjames.blogspot.co.uk...
edit on 9-1-2018 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

You can buy a cold and hot water faucet for your bidet and have a warm water wash at the temperature you prefer.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

No problem.

The reason I went for it, was the majority of Amazon reviews said the damn thing was great!

It is.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Had one in a house I rented for a year. I just stared at it--never used it.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Does this like, for bypassing TP? I never have a problem with TP, and if the bum is feeling the consequences of excessive chili, there are witch hazel wipes. They are the size of alcohol pads, not like baby wipes.

Have you tried the three seashells?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

i wanted to try the seashells but i never could figure out how to use them

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I tried but I pulled a mussel

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

If you can figure it out the worlds your oyster...

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

High tech Bidets are a transformational experience.

I went from that one day in Austria in Europe to squatting over a hole doing #2
With wax paper toilet paper in a hotel.

I miss my bidet and am still perplexed by the Italian Toilet.
Italian Hole toilets

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I have converted so many people! I have this exact model. I agree with the word of caution to be careful if you have high water pressure, go slowly! In all seriousness, I don't know how I lived without it.

Think about this, if you had feces on your arm, would you wipe it off with a paper towel or would you wash it?
Your backside is no different.

There are other benefits for the ladies but I won't go into details.

Get it, you'll love it, and super easy to install too.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

They are life changing. Here are some pictures I had in my upload space. I finally used them again!

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Some people say that you don't need TP with a bidet, but when I use it (and I don't use it every time because I too believe the paper does a pretty good job on it's own most of the time) this is how it goes:

And forgive me my bluntness,

1. Take a dump.
2. Wipe my butt with TP.
3. Sit back down and hit the "starfish" with a little water from the bidet.
4. Re-wipe my butt with TP.
5. Repeat (if necessary).

Honestly, it does get that area very clean doing it this way. It's like washing your butt instead of just "smearing" it with TP, if you can understand what I'm saying.

edit on 9-1-2018 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

i see your point but its more a rinse isnt it?
also my arm is not my asshole so there is that

how come these are not standard or at least more common in the states?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The idea of hosing down the mooncrickets seems so sophisticated. I've never used a bidet but it's now on the bucket list.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I've used a bidet at work with folks who need assistance to toilet.
It was extremely helpful in the homes that had them. Modern ones (built in) are much better due to transfer issues, from toilet to bidet.
My oldest daughter and I, just the other day, had a conversation about hand held shower heads. We have always had one in our home and when we cared for my elderly mother, at times, it was a life saver.
I think we both would prefer that to the (what we see as messy or cumbersome likely due to it being uncommon) the bidet.
My parents did have some friends when I was growing up with bidets in their homes however I was never inclined to use them. I think I was sort of intimidated or scared of it!

To add: I have used them as an adult and I find them awkward. I find the shower much easier...
edit on 9-1-2018 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I stayed w/ friends in Spain with a huge bathroom, bidet included. SOOOOO useful! Went to India where tp is not generally found but a hose or a spigot and cup, are next to the toilet. Whatever the case, I'm definitely a fan of such cleaning mechanisms and will check out the ones mentioned here.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join