It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fusion GPS to Congress: Release our testimony

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

No they weren't false. The records have been subpoenaed.

I gave you a star....One big crazy star!!

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

See I've never heard that from any real news source so you'll have to excuse me.

There is no excuse for you other than willful ignorance:

Glenn Simpson, one of Fusion GPS’ founders, met with Veselnitskaya about that litigation before and after her meeting with Trump Jr., Kushner and Manafort, according to a source familiar with the matter.

Reu ters

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

You're trying to distract with Bull#. Talk about why congress won't release these transcripts. No you can't do that so you try to discredit these guys. God can you be anymore transparent?

What doesn't congress, the GOP congress want us to know?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Seems like you're getting all worked up because your fabricated tale is already in tatters.

The House intelligence committee and Fusion GPS struck a deal to have the intelligence firm's co-founder voluntarily testify before the committee next week.

The agreement for Glenn Simpson to testify behind closed doors Tuesday appears to be a thaw in a fight between the committee and the firm that spilled over into the courts.

The committee had issued a subpoena for Simpson's testimony and is also seeking bank records from Fusion GPS, which has filed an injunction in court to try to stop the release of the records.

CNN

If Fusion GPS wanted their testimony to be hear, they would not have held out for closed door hearings, now would they?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

See I've never heard that from any real news source so you'll have to excuse me. I don't subscribe to alt right rags and I don't subscribe to fake news. You can call an apple an orange all #ing day but it won't make it true. You can insist all you want that what I call an apple isn't an apple but in the end ...it's still an apple.

The pubic isn't buying it just so you know...

keep your head in the sand
it is sooo much more entertaining that way

I provided sources that show you from court documents that simpson had an ongoing relationship with the russian lady before and after jr's horrible meeting...NBC news itself provided this information. Still you have a stiff neck.
You are provided information that shows gps attempted to shop the dossier to media outlets, still you dont care.
You are provided information that shows gps paid journalists to write about this subject. Nope no interest from you.

But when simpson (who had more meetings with russians than anyone from the trump administration did) tells you something you believe it.

No worries
you have looked foolish here before....and will again

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Seems like you're getting all worked up because your fabricated tale is already in tatters.

The House intelligence committee and Fusion GPS struck a deal to have the intelligence firm's co-founder voluntarily testify before the committee next week.

The agreement for Glenn Simpson to testify behind closed doors Tuesday appears to be a thaw in a fight between the committee and the firm that spilled over into the courts.

The committee had issued a subpoena for Simpson's testimony and is also seeking bank records from Fusion GPS, which has filed an injunction in court to try to stop the release of the records.

CNN

If Fusion GPS wanted their testimony to be hear, they would not have held out for closed door hearings, now would they?

That is speculation. They may not have wanted the political baloney that goes on in open hearings and chose to avoid the partisan grand standing of open hearings. Which are almost always completely useless.

It does seem a bit odd to say release our statements I will say that. Obviously they can't if it is important to the fbi to keep it from the public until the investigation is over, but they may be playing politics and calling Grassley's bluff.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

CNN

Exactly!!

Fusion GPS released this OP-ed to their "Journalist friends" in an effort to get in front of their crimes and embarrassment. They had plenty of chances to tell their story in a open court proceeding but they choose to stonewall and slow play so their dirty laundry wouldn't be exposed. Just like their bank records that had to be subpoenaed because Fusion GPS knew those bank records would expose their dirty deeds.

I don't know what's funnier. Fusion GPS attempt at printing an OP-ed that would paint them in a positive light, or that a ATS member actually came here trying to convince us of the validity of the OP-ed.

Just when I think the Alt-left can't get any more desperate....Here come this OP... LAUGHABLE!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

Yeah..that's not what is says.
Try again.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

So what's this about then lol. Apparently they do want it released now.

Saying they didn't initially want it released doesn't change that you know ...don't you?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Or perhaps Ohrs wife who WORKED FOR GPS.........

....but there's collusion with Russia!

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Saying they didn't initially want it released doesn't change that you know ...don't you?

It's an attempt to make it look like they aren't hiding anything. They KNOW it can't be released. This shouldn't be this hard to understand. You have an ongoing investigation of which their testimony is a part of and likely includes some classified discussion.

7 more years...7 more years...7 more years.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Don't you know if they really wanted this info released they would have not stone walled and forced subpoenas..Don't you?

How is that so hard for you to understand?? Their actions show they have no interest in releasing any info about their clients or how they shopped information around to media sources from Russia. They have been dirty from the start and have been caught with their pants down... I don't care how many OP-ed Fusion GPS writes saying they are innocent and above board.

I bet you believe Charles Manson was innocent to...Just because he painted pretty pictures and told everyone he didn't do it.....

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

"It will take a vote of the committee to do it, but I presume that they will be released," Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa)

"It takes a long time for the court reporter to get it ready to go, but we'll have to give it to them before the thing you're asking me about can be done," the senator said, adding that he predicts the committee will vote to release the transcript. 

"I don't know why I wouldn't. But I don't want to say so because I've never — in all the years I've been in Congress, well, I guess I've only been chairman of two committees, I've never gone through this process before. So I'm not going to answer your question until I get a firm footing of what the precedent is," he said. 

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It was closed door do they could discuss potential classified intell. The transcripts won't be released until after the investigation and they have cleared the Intel to be unclassified.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

You're trying to distract with Bull#. Talk about why congress won't release these transcripts. No you can't do that so you try to discredit these guys. God can you be anymore transparent?

What doesn't congress, the GOP congress want us to know?

What bull#?
this fusion gps bull#?
www.cnn.com...

Fusion GPS, the intelligence firm behind the controversial Trump dossier, asked a federal court on Friday to stop its bank from turning over financial records subpoenaed by the House intelligence committee.

So why the openness now when they tried to block the congressional investigation earlier on? So NOW they are sincere and looking out for us? bs they got caught

Here is their problem...

The intelligence panel said in its court filing related to the firm's request that it sought the banking information as part of its effort "to understand all facets of the 'dossier' written by former British intelligence officer Christopher Steele, including who paid for it, who received it, what steps were taken to corroborate it and whether the FBI relied on it in its investigation of the allegations of collusion.

Upon further inspection those involved with paying for it and having it used by the fbi turns out to be an issue.
Having the FBI use political dirt paid for by political opposition to investigate their political opposition is a problem.

Furthermore why should we believe people who dont even think congress should have oversight of them?

The subpoenas also requested depositions of key members of the private intelligence firm. Two partners at Fusion GPS, Peter Fritsch and Thomas Catán, invoked their Fifth Amendment rights not to answer questions during their closed-door appearance before the committee Wednesday, according to their attorney, Joshua Levy. After the session, which lasted more than an hour, Levy charged that the committee broke with its past practices by requiring them to physically appear to plead the Fifth. "No American should have to experience the indignity that occurred today," Levy told reporters. "No American should be required to appear before a congressional committee just to invoke his constitutional privileges. But that is what Chairman (Devin) Nunes required of our clients at Fusion GPS today, in a sharp departure from even the past practice of this committee's investigation, where witnesses under the exact same circumstances were excused from appearing."

???no american should have to appear before congress to plead the 5th???
???who the hell are these people???
These are the people you now believe and that want their testimony released AFTER they had to have supeneas filed and pleaded the 5th?

What a msm (morning joe) talking point mouthpiece you are.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Hmmmm... that would be the testimony that they refused to give under oath? For which they struck a deal in order to avoid legal accountability for any... um... less than truthful "testimony" given?

By all means release it. And we can all take it for what it's worth -- pretty much nothing. He can say whatever he wants, but if he's not willing to swear to its veracity than it's worth nothing.

However, it is rather interesting that Rachel Maddow reported that the Senate committee voted to release the transcript of the testimony... but she seems to be the only one... and no follow up on why it hasn't released (that I can find anyway). An article at Yahoo regarding her report is also rather odd:

Rachel Maddow reports that the transcript of the testimony of Glenn Simpson, co-founder of Fusion GPS, the company that hired Dossier author Christopher Steele, is approved for public release as long as Chuck Grassley.

As long as Chuck Grassley whats? Yahoo doesn't say. It just ends there.

So I do wonder why it hasn't been released... But I also wonder why they don't just speak their truth? What's stopping them? If something is stopping them, it's probably also stopping the release of the transcript, and they no doubt know that, so it's all just games. If nothing is stopping them, then let them say what they have to say, or it's all just games.

And the fact that I've read half a dozen articles about this and not one of the reporters even addresses why this transcript hasn't been released only confirms that this is just another game. Honest reporting would demand that Grassley be contacted and asked why the transcript has not been released...

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

What did they refuse to give under oath? The just had a closed hearing.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

What did they refuse to give under oath? The just had a closed hearing.

Good question. We don't know since they refused to give it. First by pleading the fifth, then by demanding the subpoena be removed and they be allowed to be interviewed voluntarily without being under oath. From [url=https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-dossier/house-panel-drops-effort-to-force-testimony-on-trump-dossier-idUSKBN1D835B]Reuters[/u rl]:

A congressional panel on Wednesday dropped attempts to force the founder of a firm that hired a former British spy to compile a dossier of links between the 2016 Trump election campaign and Russia to testify under oath, a lawyer for the firm said.

[url=https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-dossier/house-panel-drops-effort-to-force-testimony-on-trump-dossier-idUSKBN1D835B]Source[/ur l]

ETA: My apologies about the Reuters link... I cannot get it to format correctly.
edit on 3-1-2018 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

The Senate judiciary hearing hasn't been released it was under closed doors. Are you talking about the open hearing they refused?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Glenn Simpson testified at the closed door hearing:

Glenn Simpson, the co-founder of the firm that assembled the controversial “Steele dossier” on President Trump, has struck a deal to appear before the House Intelligence Committee for a voluntary closed-door interview next week, committee leaders announced Wednesday.

An attorney for Simpson said he will not assert his Fifth Amendment rights during the interview, as was done by two other executives from the firm who appeared before the committee last month.

Simpson had been under subpoena by the committee, which is seeking more information on the dossier as part of its investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election. That order will be lifted at the time of the interview on Tuesday, Reps. Mike Conaway (R-Texas) and Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) said during a joint statement.

The Hill

Why was Fritsch and Catan so adamant about pleading the 5th rather than actually testifying?

Why did Simpson not agree to testify unless the testimony would be done behind closed doors?

Why are they now trying to say they want what they said to be public?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join