It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Witcher 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Way back when, I couldn't wait for the first Witcher game to be released. It was worth it. Great story and good gameplay. I picked up the Witcher 2 when it came out but never got around to it. Now The Witcher 3 is out (has been for awhile now) and I'm looking to play that however I havn't played 2.

Now, I am and boy was I missing out. I can't believe this game is 5 years old. Looks great, plays great.

For the life of me I can't figure out why this fantasy world dropped out of my radar, I mean like a hot potato! However I'm glad I picked it back up.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I did Witcher 3... it was stellar..

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Playing Witcher 3 on XBOX ONE X, its fantastic. Also Assassins Creed Origins, Gears of War 4 and Final Fantasy 15 on One X. Stunning games On a UHD TV. Best console experience out there! I am a gamer geek. Don't get to play much, but when I do, I love it!

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I played both 2 and 3 on the PC. 2 hasn't aged well, especially after playing 3. One of the best games ever IMO. Not sure about consoles, but my PC the graphics were simply amazing. But the story is what makes this game shine

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

Glad I havn't played 3 yet then as 2 looks great! Ignorance can be bliss.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I think you will be hard pressed to find The Witcher 3 not on the top of most games lists from 2017.

Its that good IMO even without the expansions.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

That's what I keep hearing. It's next on the list!

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I made the mistake of playing Witcher 3 first. Bought 2 ages later because I missed 3 so much. I just can't get into 2 yet. I'm going to keep trying in the future, but Skyrim is having to fill that void for now.

You are definitely in for a treat with the game AND the expansion packs, namely Blood and Wine. Hearts of Stone was o.k.

I wish I could erase my entire memory of the game and start all over. Until then, I am still waiting for something comparably immersive and just as straight up magical to play. I won't hold my breath. Netflix really needs to get the ball rolling on their alleged Witcher series already! Some of us are having Geralt withdrawals

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I wouldn't call Witcher 2 "graphically mind blowing," but I would say that they are still good! Also, I hear 3's are very, very good.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I liked Witcher 2, and playing on the hardest difficulty setting allowed one to craft the best armour in the game

Witcher 3 with all its DLCs is another amazing game that obviously looks better but deathmach difficulty setting didn’t reward like the previous game did

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I have not played Witcher 2 but I have 1 and 3, both are excellent with there graphics, story telling and game quality far above other franchise.

But for me I am looking more forward to Cyberpunk 2077 since I personally prefer science ficton over sword and sorcery - but don't mind a bit of a crossover, cyberpunk 2077 is a new franchise they are getting ready to launch so think the Witcher but in the future, with gun's and cybernetic's instead of magic and alchemy, it may also be a full RPG with character creation but we shall have to wait and see but is more likely to be story driven like the Witcher series so it may also be more like that and use pre-made characters to tell that story, still it has a lot to live up too but it may just revive the genre left stagnant by poor Deus Ex sequel's and though it may be the same Genre I feel that CD Project Red are probably better at creating a story than even the legendary Ion Storm were.
cyberpunk.net...

I was hoping we might see it sometime this year but likely it may be a bit longer yet, that is however a good sign as it means that like the witcher series they are ensuring the quality of the game is going to be legendary.

The one thing I would say about the Witcher 2 is that it had mega review's and was a very popular game, it also will fill in blank's in the story that you may not understand fully when dumped straight into the Witcher 3 were references to characters from that previous game are made and the world is in turmoil from which started in that game but not having played it myself I can not really say that is the case, just that it may be and if I had it myself I would probably give it a good whirl to find out.

edit on 3-1-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Can't wait for Cyberpunk 2077. I had never finished Witcher 2, I couldn't progress in the game without finishing an event, and I kept getting killed so I gave up. After finishing Witcher 3 I went back to restart Witcher 2. It just seemed so clunky and awkward in comparison. I'm not a graphics whore but it looked awful too (in comparison to 3)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
I think you will be hard pressed to find The Witcher 3 not on the top of most games lists from 2017.

Its that good IMO even without the expansions.

Just started 3 over the weekend. Wow. Just..wow.

top topics

join