It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Appalachian monsters.mothman,flatwoods monster etc

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
has anyone ever saw any of these creatures? and which do you believe are real. i personally believe in Appalachian panthers.The flatwoods monster is intersting but im on the fence.mothman while i lived near the area and have been there i think it was a large bird

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I've seen the big black cats a few times in Texas. I don't understand why they are considered a cryptid.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
FlatWoods monster was most likely an owl.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I've seen the big black cats a few times in Texas. I don't understand why they are considered a cryptid.
i totally agree with that.i guess the wildlife dept fears people will panic knowing they are out there

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: massie20000

i totally agree with that.i guess the wildlife dept fears people will panic knowing they are out there
They seem be very evasive of humans, but they will damn sure take your chickens.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

They seem be very evasive of humans, but they will damn sure take your chickens.
have you had a experience with them doing that?. They supposedly have a 60 or so mile radius they travel so that would explain why they are so elusive.Its hard enough to find your pet dog down the road let alone a panther somewhere in the woods within 60 miles.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

have you had a experience with them doing that?. They supposedly have a 60 or so mile radius they travel so that would explain why they are so elusive.Its hard enough to find your pet dog down the road let alone a panther somewhere in the woods within 60 miles.
Chickens, ducks, and a turkey. I know several people that have seen them. A local high school football team is called the Danbury Panthers. They have one right on their helmets.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
i have had some close encounters,but thankfully nothing that close coming down to my yard

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

On March 21, 2011, I was contacted by a witness who reported having an encounter with a very strange creature during the early morning hours of March 18, 2011. The incident occurred on a rural road in Butler County between Chicora and East Brady. The witness, a businessman passing through the area, stated that “this was the freakiest thing I ever saw, and it made the hair stand up on the back of my neck.” The man told me that he was driving down the road when from about a ¼ mile away, he observed something on the right side in a grassy area. His first thought was that it was a deer.
The driver stepped on the gas to move closer to get a better view. From about 50 yards away, he observed something that appeared to be hunched down, and then stood up. The driver then observed a very tall muscular creature. At this point, the driver had his high beams on and watched as the creature walked in front of a yellow reflective road sign, then crossed the two lane road in three long steps and continued into a wooded area. What he saw was a humanoid figure that stood at least 8 feet tall that appeared to have smooth leather-like skin that was of either a darker tan or light brown color.

www.stangordon.info...

Lots of stuff rolling around out there. Never say never!
The full account includes it having wings. There have been something like 12-13 reports of this thing in the area.
edit on 1-1-2018 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
starred for later

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: massie20000 Pretty sure they are chocolate-brown phase cougars.Theres a gift shop in Cherokee NC that has a mounted specimen,in low light or at a distance it would look black for sure.At any rate,there are now cougars verified by the TWRA in Tennessee,so the ones that have survived here will have new blood in the gene pool.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: massie20000

Iv'e seen American tourists in Hawaiian shirts and sandals.

Still makes me shudder to this very day.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Chickens, ducks, and a turkey. I know several people that have seen them. A local high school football team is called the Danbury Panthers. They have one right on their helmets.

I shudder to think what footballers might be doing with those poor chickens.

edit on 1/1/2018 by chr0naut because: It's a shuddery type of day.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ridgerunner
a reply to: massie20000 Pretty sure they are chocolate-brown phase cougars.Theres a gift shop in Cherokee NC that has a mounted specimen,in low light or at a distance it would look black for sure.At any rate,there are now cougars verified by the TWRA in Tennessee,so the ones that have survived here will have new blood in the gene pool.

that is very possible what people here are seeing.that reminds me i would love to go back to Cherokee NC this summer.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: massie20000

Iv'e seen American tourists in Hawaiian shirts and sandals.

Still makes me shudder to this very day.

come to west Virginia and you will see far greater and traumatizing things.lol

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The AIMS Team has found photographic and video evidence of all those Appalachian creatures. National Geographic level of work...

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
The AIMS Team has found photographic and video evidence of all those Appalachian creatures. National Geographic level of work...

I'm not a fan of aims they are extremely fake imo...... btw sorry my video is down ATM it was fake struke by a troll

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Soon after the Mothman sighting at the cemetery, the Silver bridge that crossed the Ohio river at that point collapsed.
Official story claims an "eye bar" joint failure was the cause that plunged 46 people to their deaths.
Silver Bridge was built in 1928, designed for model T traffic when people stayed home at night and listened to WHAS. By 1967 the traffic would have overloaded the design, but the Mothman visit might tie in somehow.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

We see euro tourist's as well as hick tourist all the time,stick out like sore thumbs,act like it too,all try to emulate movie stars I guess

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
here is the updated video and working link.im having strange issues with youtube and a troll atm.top appalachian monsters www.dailymotion.com...

new topics

top topics

join