It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Yes Boston, how many remember this remarkable band? I do for sure. I also remember the controversy of whether they actually really performed live or just lip synced their shows.
Anyway for anyone who remembers and loved Boston here is a great recording of them live at the Long beach arena in '77.
What cool is this is a great soundboard recording and includes unreleased tracks you might not never heard.

Great quality show and recording. Like the live Boston album that never was.
Enjoy!

This early show from Boston's 1977 appearance in Long Beach was recorded while the band was making Don't Look Back, their second multi-platinum release, which was released that year. The band was still promoting the first album, and most of this show consists of songs from that classic Boston record, which yielded hits such as "More Than A Feeling," "Rock & Roll Band," "Something About You," "Smokin'," and "Long Time." They do, however, offer up "A Man I'll Never Be," which, at the time, had yet to be recorded. NOTE: This is not the show recorded for the King Biscuit Flower Hour...it was the second show that night that was used. You will notice subtle differences with the songs as compared to the second show. The songs 'Television Politician' and 'Don't Be Afraid', included here, did not appear on the KBFH recording.

Setlist:
Rock and Roll Band
Help Me (Shattered Images)
More Than A Feeling Peace Of Mind
Something About You
A Man I'll Never Be
Smokin'
This Time
Foreplay/Long Time
Television Politician
Don't Be Afraid

Happy New Year! Seriously if you like Boston, check this out!

edit on 12 30 17 by Tophat21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
One of my favorite bands of that era. I can remember playing their record, yes an actual vinyl record, when I was a kid and jamming out. And who can forget that giant colorful UFO on the album cover.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: cleverhans
One of my favorite bands of that era. I can remember playing their record, yes an actual vinyl record, when I was a kid and jamming out. And who can forget that giant colorful UFO on the album cover.
Yes the giant "City guitar". Did you get a chance to listen to this recording? I just cant say enough how awesome it is, seriously awesome. I have the other LA shows also, but this one is sweet.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Great concert, thanks for posting it.

RIP Brad Delp. Not a lot of sympathy for Tom Schultz, for his actions with this band.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: adjensen
Great concert, thanks for posting it.

RIP Brad Delp. Not a lot of sympathy for Tom Schultz, for his actions with this band.
I forgot about Brad. R.I.P

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Tophat21

I've seen them with and without Brad. Tommy DeCarlo is good, but he can't quite fill Brad's shoes.

Also R.I.P. Sib Hashian.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Angus65
a reply to: Tophat21

I've seen them with and without Brad. Tommy DeCarlo is good, but he can't quite fill Brad's shoes.

Also R.I.P. Sib Hashian.
I had to look up Sib, sounded like he was a minor role in Boston. never less RIP Sib.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
They defined the sound of guitar-driven rock in the 1970s.

A pal of mine was an A&R guy with Epic Records (their label). He told me getting the band together for the first tour was a really bumpy road because the entire album was recorded mostly by Scholz in his basement studio at home (he also tracked most of the instruments). There was no "band" on the first album.

Pre-tour rehearsals were pretty dismal, and the first few live shows were pretty horrible.

By the time I saw them play live in Orlando in 1977 they had their stuff together and they rocked the joint. They headlined. The Doobie Brothers were on the stage before them, and a little-known band at the time (AC/DC) opened.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTruthRocks
Thanks for posting, cool info.

new topics

top topics

join