It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romanian hackers took over D.C. surveillance cameras just before presidential inauguration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Look what happened days before Jan 20th !!

Apparently some hackers from Romania got into the Washington DC surveillance camera system.

123 cameras had the recorders set to "off" !!

In Washington DC of all places ?

wtf is going on? (some kind of set up I imagine) (but by Who?)

The "authorities" know who did it and are prosecuting !!

Romanian hackers took over D.C. surveillance cameras just before presidential inauguration, federal prosecutors say

Romanian hackers took over two-thirds of the District’s outdoor surveillance cameras just before President Trump’s inauguration, according to a federal criminal complaint unsealed Thursday.

The January attack affected 123 of the D.C. police department’s 187 outdoor surveillance cameras, leaving them unable to record for several days. Two Romanians, whom law enforcement officials describe as part of a bigger extortionist hacking group, are being charged in D.C. federal court with fraud and computer crimes.

“This case was of the highest priority due to its impact on the Secret Service’s protective mission and its potential effect on the security plan for the 2017 Presidential Inauguration,” Bill Miller, a spokesman for U.S. Attorney Jessie K. Liu said in a statement.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
you mean to tell me that waited a full year to bring this up?

sounds to me like they needed a while to fabricate evidence.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Very dangerous. Someone is testing and I think this is a fail.

Perhaps we should divert a little cash to make sure security for the future presidents (Trump and Obama in this case) is a little more assured.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
you mean to tell me that waited a full year to bring this up?

sounds to me like they needed a while to fabricate evidence.

More likely that it took them a year to figure out how to ensure it can't happen again. Secret Service works very slowly on disclosure of breeches strictly to avoid calling attention to unplugged holes.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
If one were to do any research they would see that Herr Drumpf's hotel in south Flori-Duh is littered w/Romanians.. coincidence?

Oh look someone did :

www.nytimes.com...

And when ever anyone thinks of hospitality don't You immediately think of the Romanians?

Nadia Comenicai and all them?

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
It isnt hard. You can do it right in Google search!!

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
They did say something about it back in January when it happened.

The Hill.

-dex

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Romania, Russia...both start with "R".

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
If one were to do any research they would see that Herr Drumpf's hotel in south Flori-Duh is littered w/Romanians.. coincidence?

Oh look someone did :

www.nytimes.com...

And when ever anyone thinks of hospitality don't You immediately think of the Romanians?

Nadia Comenicai and all them?

Wait a second now, I can't stand DJT at ALL at this point, but I've been to Romania many times and know a lot of people from Romania and they are very gracious and hospitable....they've had some VERY bad Government there, but the people themselves, that's not a fair assessment to make.

top topics

join