It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guardian Website Front Page: Hatchet to the character

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   
MSM is not the place to be getting an accurate picture of one's society, of country nor world. I can no longer watch MSM TV channels as the BS meter hits red within seconds and I start screaming obscenities at the screen.

At the Guardian today:

www.theguardian.com...

Evangelical Christians 'uncritical' in support for Trump, senior bishop says
Paul Bayes, bishop of Liverpool, accuses some religious leaders of ‘colluding with a system that marginalises the poor’

A senior Church of England bishop has lambasted conservative evangelical Christians in the US for their “uncritical support” of Donald Trump, urging them to reflect on how their endorsement of the president relates to their faith. Paul Bayes, the bishop of Liverpool, said “self-styled evangelicals” risked bringing the word evangelical into disrepute, and added there was no justification for Christians contradicting God’s teaching to protect the poor and the weak.

How pathetic and transparent is the Bishop's "collusion", meddling in American affairs and criticising American Christians for their politics, as just another slice of the propaganda "porky pies" being served by the Guardian?

I take great issue with this Bishop who can't take the plank out of his own eye. He is basically saying that no American Christian should vote for Trump or back him because he is an enemy to the poor. I guess the Bishop's church is not and it is all so Christian and pure. We know that is not the case. That church has a reputation that goes all the way back to Henry. Kate Rothschild even commented about it;

Wait....wasn’t the CofE created literally only so Henry VIII could get divorced?

www.theguardian.com...

Collusion, cover-up and child abuse in the Church of England

Lol, it even has the "collusion" word in it.

Oh, and the empire colonization bit:

en.wikipedia.org...

As the British Empire expanded, British colonists and colonial administrators took the established church doctrines and practices together with ordained ministry and formed overseas branches of the Church of England. As they developed or, beginning with the United States of America, became sovereign or independent states, many of their churches became separate organisationally but remained linked to the Church of England through the Anglican Communion.

Just sayin'! See how easy it is to do an historical hatchet job and character assassinate? So here we have a guy who represents an institution with a history like that criticising American Christians for daring to choose their own politics. Yes, that's right folks, it is just another liberal propaganda piece. Anyone who has any kind of perceived authority over the masses who mutters even one word of Trump criticism shall be used as a propagana headline. I can see the headlines now,

"Revolution9 says Trump is "a very naughty boy" ewww errr, Missus!

Later down the "columns" the Guardian gives us the latest installment of its assault on Admiral Lord Nelson. Nelson is my childhood hero:

www.independent.co.uk...

When Nelson lost his arm (and returned to work half an hour later)

In July 1797 Nelson led a doomed assault on the Spanish island of Tenerife in which he was hit in the right arm by a musket ball shortly after stepping ashore. Bleeding heavily, he was taken back to HMS Theseus, where the injured limb was amputated. On 25 July the ship's surgeon, James Farquhar, wrote in his journal: "Compound fracture of the right arm by a musket ball passing thro a little above the elbow; an artery divided; the arm was immediately amputated." It is claimed that within 30 minutes, Nelson was again issuing orders to his men.

That is why Nelson is a source of character buidling for me that goes back to childhood. He makes a man brave. That is why we have this in memory of him:

I have noticed for almost a year now the Guardian has been chipping away at everything that is traditional about Britain that encourages a sense of its own history and tradition. I think they want to smash Nelson down like New Age Isis Liberals smashed down the statues of the American Generals. I notice they did not smash down the statue of Albert Pike. Why do you think that is? Was Albert a hip liberal who never thought of his own pocket and belly?

The Guardian's hatchet piece today, more chips to the Nelson columnic stature erosion:

www.theguardian.com...

Petulant and jealous: Lord Nelson letters reveal his less noble side Correspondence to be sold by Sotheby’s shows his love for Emma Hamilton and sense of frustration when not in combat

He was one of Britain’s greatest military leaders but letters coming up for auction in the new year reveal a less noble side to Admiral Lord Nelson: petulant, jealous and complaining. Two of the letters are from Nelson to his lover Emma Hamilton, another is written by Hamilton and a fourth features the couple writing together. They shed fascinating light on Nelson, his palpable and obvious love for Hamilton, and how he was probably more at ease when he was fighting. “I’m afraid it is often the case that Nelson is not at his best when he is inactive,”

Yes, that from the Guardian who brought us this:

www.theguardian.com...

Toppling statues? Here’s why Nelson’s column should be next

While the US argues about whether to tear down monuments to the supporters of slavery, Britain still celebrates the shameful era

It is figures like Nelson who immediately spring to mind when I hear the latest news of confederate statues being pulled down in the US.

To summarise, the Guardian on its front page savages Trump and propagandizes that all American Christians should not back Trump because he is meaner to the poor. It is also savaging British history, doing a slow but sure hatchet job on Admiral Lord Nelson. Is this agenda or what?

In retort I think absolutely no different about Trump from the day I first made up my own mind about him, regardless of the MSM. I feel even more protective of Nelson than I used to be.

You can't change the past. It came with its own battles, its own power struggles and conflicts where men had to fight it out for God and Country. It is in that CONTEXT we must analyse history, not by today's trendy fad of Liberalism and thinking smashing down statues will somehow absolve from the past. It will not.

This is why I stay away from Liberalism right now. I would be supporting the self harming and destruction of history, all for a moment's madness that will of course move into another trendy feature in the fashion "column", leaving a trail of social destruction and crisis of identity in its wake.

edit on 28-12-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Lol!

LEAVE NELSON ALONE!

Ohhhh....and Trump, too!

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

BBC also have it on their front page. The Guardian and BBC are in total cahoots and "collusion". Sometimes I can't even work out which site I am on they are so similar and synchronized editorially.

I even know what journalists have what contacts. There is one Guardian journalist who masquerades as a champion of the Left Wing and Liberalism while being nurtured by the biggest figures of the establishment. It is crazy when you look into the affiliations of journalists. The word "shill" comes to mind. Yes, there are journalists who "support" Jeremy Corbyn who are the darlings of the elite, be sure of it, just in case.

Yes, indeed, they do back both sides. Their fingers are in everyone's pie. If the Left Wing become the government, their man is there. If the right wing, then another their man is there. It is fiendishly clever and a very simple effective tactic; something Putin would commend.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I wish they would just shorten the column so we can see him better.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

As I understand it he is up there for what he did for the country?

Not his private love life!

This recent buzz for tearing down statues is ridiculous, the comparisons

of then and the present, is like comparing apples with oranges.

As life goes on we learn and change mostly for the better.

To castigate someone that may have done a lot of good in their

life for having kept slaves at a time when most people in that

position kept slaves is mindless.

We the people should pride ourselves on how far we have come,

instead of metaphorically speaking picking at sores.

Even I can remember in my life time segregation of schools in

America and the black singer/entertainer Hutch very popular

(even rumoured to have made royal conquests) having to use the

back entrances at hotels.

Learn from the past .... It cant be white washed the bad things in

history HAPPENED and are responsible for getting us where we are

today.

edit on 28-12-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
The Guardian is just a newspaper with a particular left-leaning slant. They will pick up on stories that chime with their readership's world-view. Anti-Trump, pro EU, anti-Conservative, anti-national, "refugees welcome", and so on.

In the OPs case the article is just helps tell the story of Trump for a Guardian audience. It helps build on the "America is lost to the nutjobs" viewpoint.

Don't get too upset. Of all the newspapers the Guardian has one of the lowest circulations. It does have some plus sides and I used to read it, but it is a tad repetitive and panders to a metropolitan (London) leftist elite. You know, the people who complain about poverty from their top-of-the-range iPhone.
edit on 28/12/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The postion of the Guardian's as the liberal snowflakes No.1 sh1trag remains unchallenged.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I like the Guardian on international news. I don't know which games they play nationally.
They took my BBC.

Also mostly for the international news, it's mindblowing how much you miss what is going on if you have only one side of one point of view.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
I like the Guardian on international news. I don't know which games they play nationally.
They took my BBC.

Also mostly for the international news, it's mindblowing how much you miss what is going on if you have only one side of one point of view.

Exactly,
The Guardian is not for snowflakes that winge at any criticism, one of the very few papers that makes a stance on bad anything, even to the point of their reporters facing arrest and harassment, but there you go, there is no thanks for it.
This Bishop is a leader who is making a statement on things as he sees it, Nobody has a need to agree.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
I notice they did not smash down the statue of Albert Pike. Why do you think that is?

Masons = control everything.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
The Guardian is just a newspaper with a particular left-leaning slant. They will pick up on stories that chime with their readership's world-view. Anti-Trump, pro EU, anti-Conservative, anti-national, "refugees welcome", and so on.

In the OPs case the article is just helps tell the story of Trump for a Guardian audience. It helps build on the "America is lost to the nutjobs" viewpoint.

Don't get too upset. Of all the newspapers the Guardian has one of the lowest circulations. It does have some plus sides and I used to read it, but it is a tad repetitive and panders to a metropolitan (London) leftist elite. You know, the people who complain about poverty from their top-of-the-range iPhone.

You trying to do a hatchet job yourself?? what a load of horlicks.
Without The Guardian, you may never have known about PRISM, Milly Dowler Phone hacking, Verizon US collection of phone records, and the Panama Papers...something there for everybody don't you think?

The paper is a non-profit organisation to further Journalism, and is better considered centre -left...not particular left, and as anyone can see the above stories favoured nobody in particular. sorry mate! It's your bias that's showing, and as for Trump????

top topics

join