It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would this be bad for a man?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I can emphathize the situation

The same thing happend to me just six weeks ago with an unemployed punk rock girl.

I say, go for it

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: antiantonym

I've been married for decades so I don't know what the kids do today.

Take her out for a malted, maybe hold her hand at a church picnic. Perhaps you can buy her a hatpin, but don't be too forward.

These days you're supposed to spray paint your "symbol" on to her to denote she's yours.
The kids call it a tag.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   

The only thing that can hurt you is living a life that other people choose. Live your life your way.

Do whatever you want . Do whatever makes you happy and comfortable.
Don't worry about what others think.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   

She is incredibly talented. During our dinner she was describing some of her business ventures to me, and I was just in shock. She didn't even scratch the surface. I've heard that she owns expensive property.

She does not sound dreadfully boring to me. Granted she may not like to go bungee jumping skydiving and disco dancing to all hours of the night but she sounds far from boring.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Cough cough *humblebrag* cough cough

Erm there's this younger, beautiful, rich and successful sexyass woman who's pursuing me. Like, what should I do? She's a bit boring.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I swore off women a few years ago. Only because they seem to be a source of ultimate heartache and financial loss.
I have a grinder.
I ground enough venison to make three dozen sliders to take to my sister's house later today for Christmas dinner.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Your op starts off like a bad episode of Magnum PI. Let me recap. Months ago you have dinner with a new girl, your study girlfriend disappears and you can't find her, you are now being stalked by a rich, powerful, young, super hottie. The only down side is she mite be boring?

My advice: check on your study gal, if she is ok. Slow your little red car down and let the hot stalker come to you. Be aware powerful women are seldomly boring, however she may get bored with you rather quickly, if you lose what ever mystic you have, that got her attention in the first place.

PS. make sure she didn't make your study gal disappear. Evil lurks in the red dress.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
She's younger, hot, rich, successful, and wants your bone? You're setting yourself up for heartbreak and failure.

Do it.
And who knows love might blossom when the passion begins to flow!

Just get on with it. Some people appear to be boring but they sometimes come out of their shells with a little bit of encouragement and adventure. Do more than dinner and then dip. Do things together that are more challenging. Go bowling, bungy jumping, hiking and ging gang gooly etc. Find her out for reel the thinks you wont discover over dinner. And if you marry her and it fails you are still quids in!

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
No one has a problem with me going after this woman essentially completely for materialistic reasons. That was what I trying to find out. It's not shameful? I find that to be surprising.

a reply to: Liquesence

I believe success and failure is determined by what our goals are. Since I have no interest in having sex with her (honestly), how could anyone say I failed if we don't sex? If I have no goals in our relationship except having a good time, I don't think I could fail there.

The purpose of this thread is asking a philosophical question. That's the stage I'm at right now.

a reply to: AMPTAH

How often do I get some type of interest from women? I have no trouble getting dates.

a reply to: Domo1

I've known her for months, and she's been consistently boring.

a reply to: tinner07

She is the most boring person I can recall chatting with online. She wasn't that bad in face-to-face conversion, but her looks and her warm personality changed everything. I would need to meet her in person several times to be sure.

a reply to: Nickn3

Do you know what's even stranger?

The message that she sent me today is the exact same message word for word (written on a sticker just as my girlfriend used to send it) that my girlfriend used to send me. It's written in a language other than English, so it's hard to translate exactly. The approximate translation is:

"I give you my heart, and I'm very careful about it."

I thought that was way too far out of a message to send an aquaintence, and I read it as her telling me she had a crush on me. If your theory is right that this wealthy woman was responsible for my girlfriend disappearing, I may have misread the message completely. She have been mocking me!

My girlfriend disappeared. She won't pick up her phone or reply to any messages. I am concerned she's dead, but there's nothing I can do. I don't know her friends or family, and I don't know her address. We were in a long-distance relationship.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BadBoYeed
Go for it

Also, pics or it didn't happen

Only nudes accepted

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Maybe she "disappeared" your ex so that she could be near you. I wouldn't make her mad...

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

I got my date with her with the help of my ex-wife. My ex-wife is friends with her. I remember my ex-wife telling me this about her:

"She isn't what you think. She is very smart."

She said that with fear and trembling in her voice. That's extremely rare for her because she's truly fearless. I can't remember her speaking of anyone like that, and we were together romantically for nearly 10 years. For her to be afraid of someone is extraordinary. It's probably unprecedented for her to insinuate someone isn't human (which is how I took her comment).

I'm sure she won't give me an explanation. Female friends usually cover for each other.

The vision I got when I heard those words?

Alien

And...stay away. But my ex-wife helped set us up anyway.
edit on 25-12-2017 by antiantonym because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

a reply to: Liquesence

It's like living on a different planet.

No one "courts" a gal or tries to win their heart.

No one pitches woo anymore!

And get off my lawn!

I'm the GET OFF MY LAWN guy..............its going to be fun !! My wife will say.........................now you be nice.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

a reply to: seeker1963

We don't own a grinder, but we have a blender.

Sometimes we make milkshakes.

That'll bring us to your lawn. Is your milkshake better thanπŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸ”Š

Edit: Chivalrous acts are archaic like me I guess. Tried holding a door open at a store the other day for 2 ladies..... wow did I get a look and a mean comment. I just smiled and apologized. 😣
Offering a coat is bad now.
Pushing in a chair is bad now.

But Twinder and swiper apps is where it's at now eh?πŸ˜…

Sorry to hear that. I too have trouble finding girls because I don't think they like my old fashioned way of doing things (Talking to a girl in a candlelight dinner etc.)

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

And in time you likely will. But... If you don't have feelings for her and if she is boring to you, either find some common interests or step away. You'll likely make each other miserable in the long run. In time, love can happen but also in time, hatred and anger between one another.

It's just one of those things. Follow your heart. If your hearts not in to her, let it go, remain friends. Maybe one day it will.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: antiantonym
a reply to: NightFlight

I got my date with her with the help of my ex-wife. My ex-wife is friends with her.

Hahahahaha!!!! RUN MAN! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!

So that's your X saying... "We're not good together but I know someone you will be good with". Yeah.... ugh... Good luck with that.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

No one "courts" a gal or tries to win their heart.

I've gotten in some rather dicey legal trouble in the past for stealing girl's hearts.

edit on 25-12-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I went to a bar with my ex-wife. She went there to meet some of her friends, and that woman was one of them. That woman seemed to like me, so I asked my ex-wife to help me get a date with her. My ex-wife just told the wealthy woman that I wanted to add her to my friend's list in a messaging program. I asked her out after that.

It won't be easy for us to get to know each other because we live far away from each other. I have almost no interest in this, but I'm still a bit torn on the issue.

My ex-wife said more stuff about that woman. She told me that not only was she wealthy and successful, she has men all over her. Furthermore, she said I was wasting my time because she's way out of my league. I agreed with my ex-wife, and I didn't really try when I had dinner with that woman.

I've come into a different understanding of romance and attraction since then. I don't believe in "leagues" anymore. I now believe honest people just want to be happy mostly.

That date was over seven months ago. That woman is still thinking about me after all this time without seeing me or talking to me? I must have made a great impression.

I think I should call her.

The signs are there that she's interested. Why? I don't know.

I can only imagine the kind of men who are hitting on her daily. I'm talking about very attractive, wealthy men.

I am completely anti-materialistic. The two of us are opposites in that sense.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I think it comes down to treating the girl like a person. Sure there are so called hot girls that want to sleep around and are airheads but there are a lot of hot girls that do want to be treated like a person and not as an object.

One thing I noticed about hot girls (the ones that don't enjoy sleeping around) is that have trouble finding dates because a lot of men think they are out of their league.
edit on 12/25/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Of course I treated her like a person during our date. I've treated her like a person since then...a person I didn't have any interest in chatting with. She has to realize that. For some reason she keeps coming back. That's what really has me interested.

I think I like assertive women because I'm treated weird like you just described by women. Women go months without contacting me, and that makes me think they're not interested in me. Then when I contact them and ask them out they almost always say yes...and they act hurt that it took me so long to contact them.

The wealthy woman showed her assertiveness toward me when I met her in the bar. She asked me to dance. I refused. She offered to buy me a drink. I refused. She offered to get me water. I refused. Then when we had a date, she chose the restaurant, she made reservations, and she even pre-ordered the food.

She's been assertive toward me all along. That may be perfect for me because that's a weakness for me sometimes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join