It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phone Silence...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
computers make the phone call and after the computer detects that someone has actually answered the call it transfers the call to a call center where someone Is suppose to answer.

I don`t answer my phone, I don`t have a cell I only have a landline and I let the answering machine answer.
if you don`t leave a message I don`t call you back.
if you leave a message and I don`t want to talk to you I don`t call you back.
if you leave a message and I want to talk to you I`ll pick up the phone and answer while you are leaving the message,

on the rare occasions when I do answer the phone I say hello, wait 1 to 2 seconds and say hello again, if there is no answer immediately after the second hello, I hang up. you called me you should know why you are calling and be ready to talk, I don`t have time to wait for you to figure out why you called or what you want to say.

edit on 23-12-2017 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree
That's about it, isn't it?
I usually do the same, it's about all one can do now days.

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Most of the time it's a computer not a real person anyway.
Takes the joy out of talking back to them.

Usually, if I am in the room, I pick up and hang up.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

You’re Welcome; hope they slow down at least.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

back in the old days when I was a kid ( in the 60`s and 70`s) when a telemarketer would call my dad would start having phone sex with them to stop them from calling, they always hung up real fast and NEVER called again LOL

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
My husband loves getting unsolicited calls, he Fs with them. Usually to the tune of "Such-and-such City Police Department/Such-and-such County Morgue, how may I help you?" They hang up fast as hell, lol XD

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

Anyway, no more, I'll not be doing that, thanks for that, even if it isn't it's a smart thing to not say anything to anyone on the other end until they 'at least' say something, if one feels it's wise to do that.

Or let mr message machine answer and 'hold silent vigil' with a computer, whichever.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join