It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tax Bill :: Investors Pull Billions From The Markets

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
So we've all read ad nauseum how the Trump Tax Bill is going to put a unicorn in every pot and a leprechaun in every garage. We've read about the companies handing out bonuses and promising HUGE investments in their employees as a result. But behind all the talk there is a certain reality that will be discomforting to those who wear orange-colored glasses 24/7. Upon the Trump Tax Bill signing, investors pulled billions out of the markets.

According to Bank of America Merrill Lynch, redemptions from equities funds and ETFs totaled $14.5 billion, the fourth largest on record... or the week ending Wednesday, redemptions from bond funds overall totaled $3.2 billion, the largest in a year. High-yield bond funds were down $5.3 billion, the eighth consecutive week of outflows and the longest streak since the financial crisis in 2008. U.S. value funds had outflows of $7.8 billion and small caps lost $5.8 billion, both the largest on record.

Why, you ask, would these investors choose to miss-out on the BIGLIE opportunities to make bank because of the tax bill??

What it may be a sign of is that investors do not see the big returns some expect from the tax stimulus, Woodard said.

So, could it be that all the concerns opponents to the bill have voiced are shared by even the people (no, not the middle class. That was a joke) it is aimed at benefiting??

Spin away Trump fanboys... I'll start, they took all that money out to clean it.

source

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

edit on 12/23/17 by Gothmog because: Never post exhausted. Even though that may be when you let true feelings show

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Interesting OP. This tax bill, is clearly NOT what we were promised. I cant remember who asked Paul Ryan who was defending it, what "fantasy world" he was living in. I ask the trump supporters who have an annual combined household income of UNDER $200,000 what fantasy world they are living in. I mean we make decent Money, but this is not going to benefit me, in anyway that matters. It is for the rich and big business. Meanwhile, it is going to drive the deficit up. Something trump said he was going to fix!

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Yup. I'm sure Patti made-up all the quotes and data from Merill Lynch and BoA. Nothing to see here kids. The person that writes the article is more important than the information it contains. Move along.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I'll start, they took all that money out to clean it.

LOL.
Like Mr. Howell on Gilligan's Island.

They want to make all that money look nice and green for Christmas.

I wonder how many industrial washing machines and gallons of detergent it takes to wash that many billions of dollars?

-dex

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Interesting OP. This tax bill, is clearly NOT what we were promised. I cant remember who asked Paul Ryan who was defending it, what "fantasy world" he was living in. I ask the trump supporters who have an annual combined household income of UNDER $200,000 what fantasy world they are living in. I mean we make decent Money, but this is not going to benefit me, in anyway that matters. It is for the rich and big business. Meanwhile, it is going to drive the deficit up. Something trump said he was going to fix!

Explain then the decrease in deficit when kennedy predecessor cut taxes and revenue increased all through his presidency.
and i dont like trump but i do like the turmoil.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

So if true,why hasn't the economy crash?,could it be you made figures up?,it's one thing posting,it's another thing with knowledge

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Or, investors simply cashing out at years end like every other year. It has been an amazing year. People don't leave their money in the market forever. Some of them want to actually see it in their accounts as USD, especially if they want to do their last minute Christmas shopping.

This is a very typical event that occurs every year. As a result of this years amazing performance, it just means there was more money to withdraw.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Trump says they are going to invest increasing wages. Hang on middle America. It’s coming your way any day now.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

Why, you ask, would these investors choose to miss-out on the BIGLIE opportunities to make bank because of the tax bill??

Investors took their money out of stocks and bonds, because they all want to buy bitcoin.

Bitcoin is the only asset giving handsome returns.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

Investors took their money out of stocks and bonds, because they all want to buy bitcoin.

Bitcoin is the only asset giving handsome returns.

You might want to check your bitcoin value. It’s taken a nosedive lately.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

So we've all read ad nauseum how the Trump Tax Bill is going to put a unicorn in every pot and a leprechaun in every garage. We've read about the companies handing out bonuses and promising HUGE investments in their employees as a result. But behind all the talk there is a certain reality that will be discomforting to those who wear orange-colored glasses 24/7. Upon the Trump Tax Bill signing, investors pulled billions out of the markets.

What it may be a sign of is that investors do not see the big returns some expect from the tax stimulus, Woodard said.

So, could it be that all the concerns opponents to the bill have voiced are shared by even the people (no, not the middle class. That was a joke) it is aimed at benefiting??

Spin away Trump fanboys... I'll start, they took all that money out to clean it.

I was expecting something like that to happen, too much speculation with all the tax bill hype, so the dudes just hoped to make some bucks...probably did, then grabbed the profit and ran.
edit on 23-12-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I'm getting over $3k back next year. Slashed my tax bill from $12k to under $9k.

But please tell me how that's peanuts and cry some more.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH
They are also cashing out bitcoin too. It dropped more than fifty percent in 48 hours. I would have cashed out myself at the 10k mark if I had gotten in early. Hitting 20k IMO was just dumb luck.

However, again, all this shows is that people are cashing out for the year end profit taking. It is the same pattern every single year. Happens with gold and silver too. Usually it bottoms out on New years week. End of year profit taking. Thats all this is.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

You may also see a rise in state and local taxes to take care of funding that the federal government formerly did - or a decrease in services. I'm concerned about infrastructure since roads and bridges are not in good shape around the country and some other services (water, sewer, electrical) are in need of updating. That means either a hike in state and local taxes (probably) or a decline in our quality of living.

That $1k extra in taxes in our pockets isn't going to fix the street that leads out of my subdivision. And it won't bring many jobs to the desperately poor areas of Dallas, either (which is where they need jobs.)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

So if true,why hasn't the economy crash?,could it be you made figures up?,it's one thing posting,it's another thing with knowledge

Seriously??? I made the numbers up?? Did you read the frigging article?

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Wait - let me get this straight. The tax bill was signed yesterday and you use an article from MSN today in order to declare it a failure?
Do you even realise how ridiculous you sound, OP? Maybe the bitterness and hatred have so taken your mind, you actually don't.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

IDK when I do the tax calculator I save 6,000 with the new tax bill... what does it show for you?

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Wait - let me get this straight. The tax bill was signed yesterday and you use an article from MSN today in order to declare it a failure?
Do you even realise how ridiculous you sound, OP? Maybe the bitterness and hatred have so taken your mind, you actually don't.

Or maybe you read the article and bitch to the people that wrote it and did the analysis. I don't work for Merrill-Lynch or BoA. I assume those people know more than I about these things. But hey, I'm sure they don't know as much as you do.

And to the comment about cashing out every year. Read the article. These numbers are way out-of-the-norm. But again. What do I know. I didn't research or write the article. I'm sure it's just more fake news.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

That $1k extra in taxes in our pockets isn't going to fix the street that leads out of my subdivision. And it won't bring many jobs to the desperately poor areas of Dallas, either (which is where they need jobs.)

How do you know?

Lets say they doubled taxes would that then bring more jobs to the area you see is needed? I think they are apples and oranges here BUT business tax reduced to 21% can't hurt can it? Remember about 85% of workers in this country work for companies under 500 employees, so they are not all those evil corps everyone is so triggered about...

You don't think a reduction in tax would allow a moms and pops place to expand in anyway?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join