It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN’s John King on GOP Tax Reform: Working Families Will Get ‘Damn Good Money’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Could it be that CNN is slowly moving into "reality" ?

As the U.S. House voted on the new Tax Bill, CNN apparently was pointing out some good points !!

They even said a small cut for some people is "grateful"

The MSM needs to learn and go with the flow a little more because their propaganda tactics have failed so many times.

CNN’s John King on GOP Tax Reform: Working Families Will Get ‘Damn Good Money’

CNN's John King said on Wednesday that the Republican tax reform plan will give working families "damn good money."

King was watching the House of Representatives on Wednesday vote on the passage of the tax reform legislation.

"Not one Democrat has voted for a bill that cuts taxes by $1.5 trillion," King said.

"If you're a working-class family, a lot of people say ‘oh it's only $200, oh it's only $300, if you're a working-class family living paycheck to paycheck, $200, $300 is damn good money and you are grateful for it," King said.

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It's quite sickening how rich sheltered assholes in Washington DC and the media talk about $200-$300 a month as if it's nothing. They probably spend that much on lunch every day and have zero clue what that could mean to a family struggling just to make ends meet.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
$200 - $300 extra a month is another cart full of groceries or new shoes for the kids, help pay a utility bill or car payment, gas for the car to get to work, maybe even a nice a night out for the family.......

If no one needs that, I'll PM you my address and you can mail it to me.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
It's quite sickening how rich sheltered assholes in Washington DC and the media talk about $200-$300 a month as if it's nothing. They probably spend that much on lunch every day and have zero clue what that could mean to a family struggling just to make ends meet.

$200-$300 more left in each paycheck? Yes, that's "damn good money."

What amounts to an extra (almost) tank of gas per month thanks to saving $300 spread over twelve months? It helps, but it's not "damn good money."

ETA - I think that's where confusion is being exploited, is my point.
edit on 21-12-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Yep, just shows the bubble these people live in. Totally unable to relate to their constituents.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
As I said in another thread, I won't really know what that means for me until I talk to my Accountant at tax time. We'll strategy for the next year.

However I'm seeing a parallel between this an Obama Care. The republicans made it sound like we're were all gonna die...figurativlly and financially and literally...lol...but our rates didn't change and our coverage was better than ever and none of my immediate family nor friends went without coverage or had their lives negatively impacted. That's what you call a good PR campaign. Now the Democrats were making this sound like the worse bill ever made and...I think it's nothing more than a really good PR campaign. They're actually learning from the Republicans?

edit on 21-12-2017 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Did Hell freeze over?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Yup, throwing scraps, or crumbs, to the people as means of appeasement and them thinking they're actually coming out ahead, while ultimately screwing them as those at the top run to the bank, laughing.

Classy.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

$200-$300 more left in each paycheck? Yes, that's "damn good money."

What amounts to an extra (almost) tank of gas per month thanks to saving $300 spread over twelve months? It helps, but it's not "damn good money."

ETA - I think that's where confusion is being exploited, is my point.

Do you even understand the situation? It appears not.

Sure, the initial tax REFUND (of collected taxes the year prior) will be about 2k-4k or more on average. That's a one-time refund.

But the COLLECTION of taxes that will be taken from each paycheck will go down about 166$-300$ per paycheck (monthly distributions) due to the lessened required amount factored in, assuming your deductions are parallel.

Are you following?

1) Initial refund amount (in 2018)

2) Less taxes owed and therefore taken from your paycheck during the year as well, assuming the IRS doesn't take until 2019 to implement the changes, those friggin pricks.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
Yup, throwing scraps, or crumbs, to the people as means of appeasement and them thinking they're actually coming out ahead, while ultimately screwing them as those at the top run to the bank, laughing.

Classy.

Rich people already pay an unfair amount in tax - massively unfair.
What do you want - to make it more unfair? You sound like a communist.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply, Uk.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

No problem. Just helping you out.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Just helping you out.

Not really, but thanks anyway.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Hope he hasn't "hugged" someone in the "wrong" way!

This dude is ripe for the picking now..... How dare he support Emperor Trump!

See how long he lasts on the Clinton News Network??

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Classy.

Yup, 8 years for Trump with Republicans in majority.

Oh and hundreds of new conservative Constitution loving judges.
edit on 21-12-2017 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Can't wait. I was hoping we could repeal the 22nd. And just get rid of the Constitution.

Since Trump is the physical embodiment of the Constitution.

edit on 21-12-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Obviously John's programming failed, this could be really bad for him if they can't fix it.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

This tax reform is completely opposite from obamacare which was designed to take money away from working people.

The democrats are so far on the wrong side of all of this, in the end they may never find a way back.

That too is a good thing, depending on perspective of course.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

no they dont spend money on lunch, they put little toothpick flags in their food and get it comped by some sleaze bag who wants a favor because the difference between a bribe and whats legal is a toothpick flag....
edit on 21-12-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

You should try reading the entirety of my comment, slick.

The ETA I added pretty well cleared up the point I was making.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join