It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN’s John King on GOP Tax Reform: Working Families Will Get ‘Damn Good Money’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This is great too! When we spend money without deficit hawks balking, good things happen. More proof debt and deficits don’t matter.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
It's quite sickening how rich sheltered assholes in Washington DC and the media talk about $200-$300 a month as if it's nothing. They probably spend that much on lunch every day and have zero clue what that could mean to a family struggling just to make ends meet.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

It's quite sickening how rich sheltered assholes in Washington DC and the media talk about $200-$300 a month as if it's nothing. They probably spend that much on lunch every day and have zero clue what that could mean to a family struggling just to make ends meet.

"So this is how the peasants live"

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Just looked I paid nearly $30k in taxes this year. Knock that down to to $25k and I would be very happy.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: rickymouse
I'd rather have scraps and crumbs than nothing at all.

So what happens when spending cuts in the same economy far outweigh the scraps being left under the table?

A lot of the programs getting the most money actually waste a lot of money. These programs do not really help the poor as much as they help the professionals in them. Building roundabouts up here instead of fixing the roads does nothing other waste money, the money from one roundabout could pave a lot of streets. Roundabouts are not feasable around here but the cities jump at them because they can get them, there is no funding for redoing city streets. It does keep the economy going, but so would paving the streets that are full of potholes and patch upon patch.

The government gives money for roundabouts but not much for fixing the streets destroyed by winter. The Roundabouts take special equipment to plow and are still hard to plow. They are all right in the south, but not so much here. The Michigan DOT even states that roundabouts are not practical in these areas, but they keep giving the money for them from the feds, money that would be better spent on road repair. I guess wasting money is considered good to stimulate the economy and broken suspensions on cars boost the economy too. I know what is going on, the Feds give money for things not necessary and they want us to fix the roads ourselves. They have added mills on the property taxes around here to fix the roads that there is no help to fix and another three roundabouts are scheduled for next year. Accidents on them are reported as on the highway to make them look safer, technically they are on the highway most times.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Dude, I know alot of folks who have kitchens just like that, us peasent folks. Look at Hillarys face, lmfao, like people live like this? Yes. sorry, no sprawling mansions.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: whywhynot

Can't wait. I was hoping we could repeal the 22nd. And just get rid of the Constitution.

Since Trump is the physical embodiment of the Constitution.

Yes, I do realize that the Left Right finds the Constitution of the United States an inconvenient truth. Too bad.

There, fixed it for you.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

have you seen trumps penthouse, the one literally covered in gold with gold toilets.

you can see them here.

LINK

gosh, i'm glad he's getting a huge tax break.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Can't wait. I was hoping we could repeal the 22nd. And just get rid of the Constitution.

Yes, I do realize that the Left Right finds the Constitution of the United States an inconvenient truth. Too bad.

There, fixed it for you.

So you need to edit a persons words in order to try to make a point. Pretty weak minded!
edit on 22-12-2017 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

We pay $2K usd a month and don’t have a kitchen that big.

Hell, I don’t even have a stove.

Remember what a big deal Obama’s #$40 was?

This is 10 times that.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

There, fixed it for you.

So you need to edit a persons words in order to try to make a point. Pretty weak minded!

Nah, what's weak minded is not seeing one's own willful hypocrisy and ignorance while also trying to be clever.

But that's to be expected from partisan hacks.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Speak for yourself, my family and every family that I know had their monthly health care double in price immediately after ACA was in place and finally nearly tripling before the dust settled. Our premiums are so high the insurance we pay for monthly (well over $485.00 per month) never kicks in. So we pay monthly and insurance never covers a cent of our visits to the doctor. BUT before ACA we went to the doctor and paid $25.00 per visit and insurance picked up the remaining part of the bill and our monthly cost was in the low $200.00 range for my family of four, that was it. So now we can't even use the insurance unless something catastrophic happens to one of us. Now, at the same time the people that could not afford health care are now able to go to the doctor. So for me to see a doctor for the crud I have to pay the entire bill for the visit and pay for my monthly bill to have coverage. This is a total scam. The insurance companies must be raking it in as families now have to pay the entire doctor visit and their monthly payment. Our premium is $2,500.00 a year. That in itself is ridicules as we have not had insurance kick in since ACA inception. But wait everyone now has health insurance! But how?! How you ask - its because hard working Americans are paying for the ones that cannot afford it.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Almost seems unbiased coming from CNN, the left over from the Dems establishment. Good on you John King to report fairly. We need more unbiased media coverage for politics. Can you imagine for a moment if all three MSM news outlets were to cover sports like they do politics? Ha! Just thing about that. All three MSM news outlets would be reporting the final score differently and all the stats would be skewed.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

That's like an extra car payment. Good with me...

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Why is it so hard for you folks being on the left to be able to see the Dems want to spend your money and give to those that are lazy and do not want work for a living and don't deserve the hand out? Is the new American dream to come here or be here already to have someone else pay their way? It's called entitlements. The old, the handicapped and mentally ill should receive entitlements and the rest should work hard and pay our own way in life here in America. I read a statistic recently that said over 50% of Americans receive some sort of entitlements, what?! If that number continues to grow there will be no one to pay for the entitlements. If that stat is true we are in big trouble.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

There, fixed it for you.

Nah, what's weak minded is not seeing one's own willful hypocrisy and ignorance while also trying to be clever.

But that's to be expected from partisan hacks.

Sorry, it was you who was caught changing my words on a post. That is weak and sad.

Live your delusion if it lets you get through the night. It’s a lefty kind of thing isn’t it?

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Funny, but really not that funny. Please keep in mind for America to be able to complete meant that corporate taxes needed to be slashed exactly as they were in this new bill. Also keep in mind millions of American's receive paychecks from corporations. If corporations do poorly then we have lay offs which hurt the overall economy and if they do well we all enjoy and reap the benefits. I have had my job outsourced twice to foreigners living in another country that were willing to do my job for far less. Now that the taxes are where they need to be we can expect corporations stopping the practice of outsourcing due to the lower tax rate and we all know that leads to more jobs and better wages. Simply put - we boycott the corporations that want to screw us over.

Please note - This country has become so politically charged that we now effectively boycott the entities that we despise such as the NFL (the NFL is reeling from boycotting) ESPN is another and look out Hollywood, you're next. Do not bad mouth President Trump or you will feel the pain. Just say'in.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: BelieveInTheTruth

If the MSM were sportscasters, they'd have the wrong team scoring touchdowns in the wrong endzone and they'd be calling foul balls out of the park home runs !!

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
My main problem is that the tax cuts that will be helping middle class expire over time while the cuts that benefit the wealthy are "permanent" so to me it feels like the tax cuts for the middle were just smoke and mirrors to make it more palatable.

Then you throw in things like funding for public schools being negatively affected while private schooling gets tax breaks .. this whole thing is built around helping the wealthy in the long term.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Happy 2018 ATS!

I think we can now safely say that this is the TRUMP economy going forward.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join