It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

tic-tac UFO technology and the FlyBoard Air Cavalaire

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I know there's a lot excitement of the recent tic-tac shaped UFO reported in the New York Times. I don't want to be a wet blanket on the pro-Extraterrestrial theorists, but the there is a quote the pilot thought the tic-tac shaped UFO might be some kind of secret military drone. So I was thinking based on current quad-copter gyro control technologies maybe the tic-tac shaped craft is some kind of drone with multiple jet-power ducted fans allowing for 3D maneuverability at higher than human G speed turns. So I was thinking maybe the tic-tac was controlled something the Flyboard Air Cavalaire shown below:

"4. In one of the videos, a Navy airman says “That's a [bleeping] drone.” Why are we doubting him? "

This is why I thought of the Flyboard: "The disturbance looked like frothy waves and foam, as if the water were boiling." If you watch the video you can see the water "boil" under the Flyboard.

edit on 21-12-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

As any other UFO report it's always the case of some exotic technology. I doubt it's conventional.
From this world.. maybe.
But then I'd expect that current laws of physics are already rewritten.
edit on 21-12-2017 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2017 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Mhmm, I don't think so.

But who knows?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: zilebeliveunknown

As any other UFO report it's always the case of some exotic technology. I doubt it's conventional.
From this world.. maybe.
But then I'd expect that current laws of physics are already rewritten.

I wasn't implying the laws of physics needed to be rewritten. I was just thinking it maybe be a UFO but not extraterrestrial. I would love for it to be extraterrestrial. It's what this planet needs to get it's head out of its butt.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

Mhmm, I don't think so.

But who knows?

I read an article on super high speed combat drones that would pop the eyeballs out of human pilots. I was just thinking what you might be able to do with ducted fans and tic-tac shape craft.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

This is why I thought it may be something like the FlyBoard Air Cavalaire. Watch the video from the OP. You can see the water "boiling" as described below:

"The disturbance looked like frothy waves and foam, as if the water were boiling."

Quote from the New York Times article.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Oh yea I've seen them, but hey, do they go at 9000mph?

Because some UFOs were caught on Brazilian Air Force radar moving at that speed a few years ago.

It's all in portuguese but maybe you can use the YT subtitles.

edit on 21/12/2017 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: vinifalou

Mhmm, I don't think so.

But who knows?

I read an article on super high speed combat drones that would pop the eyeballs out of human pilots. I was just thinking what you might be able to do with ducted fans and tic-tac shape craft.

Ducted fans and no control surfaces?

No, this thing is not using aerodynamics.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
for me, when the pilot said air visibility was around 50 miles — and the tic-tac went from zero elevation to 12,000 ft, and then disappeared into the horizon, all in about 2 seconds (like a ping pong ball being hit) kinda buries the fly board theory. Again, for me it does.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

You may be right. I was just thinking how it might be done.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: GodKilla

Was its speed measured on radar and documentary evidence or pilot perception?

If it's documentary evidence it's a much bigger deal.

edit on 21-12-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Totally agree that documented evidence would be best. Especially when seeing a shape that he's never seen before, judging speed would be really hard.

That being said, when practicing basic ACM, a hornet pilot will merge 180 out with another hornet, both doing 400+ knots, so after the merge, when the pilot is looking over his shoulder, he's seeing 800+ knots of opening from the other aircraft. From Fravor's description, the object moved away from them faster than anything he's ever seen, and 800+ knots of opening is something he regularly sees. So, yeah he's just guessing, but it sounds like it got outta dodge in a hurry.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
These pilots interviews are everything to me, even above the stepped on video footage the DOD released. They were the witnesses and good ones too. They should be believed. I mean heck, the Holy Bible is just a collection of witnesses, of whom their stories are believed to be literally true by millions. a reply to: cosmania

edit on 21-12-2017 by GodKilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I would love for it to be extraterrestrial. It's what this planet needs to get it's head out of its butt.

I am SO much with you here

But I also have this uncanny feeling somewhere in the back of my head: "Too good to be true."
They could have served us two videos that leave them a back door through which they can escape if they deem the shock waves in society too strong.

The pilot's report only says "as if an unknown object had recently submerged beneath the surface" and "the disturbance [of the water] was unusual in that there was no apparent cause". I find your idea very interesting that thrusters could have caused the water disturbance.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The fact that this object can change it's orientation without it affecting its flight path should tell us that it is not using any conventional means of propulsion and aerodynamics.
It could also be possible that the image that is captured is not an accurate representation of the object i.e. some sort of force field.

But what bothers me the most is that the dod would just casually release this info and add they have absolutely no idea whats going on.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Good points. But my fear is that the objective evidence remains weak on purpose. They want an escape route and they count on the fact that mutual trust among humans is at an all-time low in history. So if they should choose to back out of this later, they will find a mundane explanation for the videos and claim the pilots made a mistake or (even better) lied for personal financial gain. EVERYBODY (at least here on ATS) will swallow this hook, line and sinker because everybody is convinced that you cannot trust your fellow man

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Was its speed measured on radar and documentary evidence or pilot perception?

If it's documentary evidence it's a much bigger deal.

I'd say pilot perception IS evidence. Aren't pilots especially able to guesstimate speed and distance and whatnot? If a pilot says something went from here to completely gone in 2 seconds, I'm gonna assume it didn't actually take the thing 2 minutes to disappear rather than 2 seconds.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SacredLore
"the disturbance [of the water] was unusual in that there was no apparent cause". I find your idea very interesting that thrusters could have caused the water disturbance.

Or some kind of gravity-cancelling/inertia-cancelling field around the craft. I think that's far more likely than the craft having any kind of thruster capable of propelling it completely out of vision within seconds... At the described speeds, you're probably dealing with some other form of propulsion.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodKilla
for me, when the pilot said air visibility was around 50 miles — and the tic-tac went from zero elevation to 12,000 ft, and then disappeared into the horizon, all in about 2 seconds (like a ping pong ball being hit) kinda buries the fly board theory. Again, for me it does.

Not to mention that Pentagon guy from the UFO investigation branch stated that they had witnessed aircraft go from 80,000 feet and then descend to 60 feet within seconds.

Now how true that is I dont know, but hes at severe risk to his credibility to even say something like that, so Im not sure why he would lie about it. He literally just left the office like 2 months ago.

At any rate, there is no doubt there have been sightings all over of aircraft doing things that simply defy what seems to be the laws of gravity or aerodynamics.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

The tic-tac incident corresponds with the "FLIR1" video and Cmdr. David Fravor testimony, and the "dude it's rotating" video (titled "Gimbal") is completely unrelated (aside from the fact they are both footage from ATFLIR camera pods on F/A-18 jets).

I've seen more than a few people getting the incidents/videos confused, but the way the mainstream news is mashing together the two stories and video clips would explain that.

If you haven't seen it yet, here's an experiment that appears to explain the rotating blob on the "dude it's rotating" Gimbal video. If anyone has a FLIR camera at home, they can test this out themselves.

edit on 21-12-2017 by Iridomyrmex because: corresponds "with"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join