It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals Come to our Home for Help

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Thanks for your replies.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: schuyler

I am the same way, animals seem to follow me wherever I go. Black cats, dogs, rabbits, deer galore, turkeys, and yes the crowning glory a bald eagle! A bald Eagle saved us tens of thousands of dollars one time.

We had planned on building a house, we called the developer and didn't hear back, we had our down payment money for the lot. We finally got in touch with the builder. A bald eagle started to build a nest near our lot and the audubon society stopped all building. Exactly one week later we found out that we were going to be relocated by work. If not for that Eagle we would have been out of our lot money!! I have many many other weird "coincidences" regarding animals. A bunny helped me save my neighbors house from a fire!

I am also one of those people that dog owners say "oh my dog doesn't like anyone, but they love me" it happens all the time. A lady that worked at the humane society told me that animals can sense a good soul.

If animals like you, that is a good thing, if they don't like someone you best believe there is a reason for it!

You have to share the bunny story!!! I had an opossum prevent y being in a car wreck once. I was approaching a t-intersection, with the incoming road to my right. That road had a stop sign, and I didn't. Not alot of traffic that time of day, and didn't expect to see anyone. This possum ambles out into the road, nd I had to brake to avoid hitting it. Then, it slowly, and I mean s-l-o-w-l-y, ambles across the road. hen it finally passed, I started to get back up to speed, and just then a car rockets out of that side street, going way over the limit, not even coming close to stopping. Had I not braked, I'd have been right there when he sped through, and hit.

I have animals that "don't like" people like me, too. We had neighbors' dogs that "adopted" our family, and I had a large parrot in a pet store want, even demand, my attention, and the shop owner said he bit at most people.

Animals know.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Thank you for posting, it's really cool.

I do believe animals can intuit things via instincts and subtle sensory abilities. We can too but we are so distracted and caught up in our thoughts to recognize it accurately.

Sorry I was sarcastic earlier. I just didn't know how to respond to you lol.

What if the animals came to your house to help you in your path of development? Ever think about that yet?

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I agree completely that there is some communication going on. We’re the popular house too. Our pets are all rescues, and we probably take in 4-5 animals that come to our door. We are in a rural area, and most of them are dumped here - but not all. Currently I have a beagle curled up next to me that was dumped during an ice storm a few years back. She had heartworms at the time. Cost us a pretty penny and a lot of worry, but she pulled through (err, obviously).

We’re all sharing this planet, and just because we have opposable thumbs doesn’t mean we know everything about it and its inhabitants.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
they want you to eat them so their suffering ends.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
We've had two black cats and a bunny show up at our doorstep in the past year. I'm putting this discussion in Paranormal because I feel this is just a bit strange. These animals may be pets, but they're not my pets. The first time a bunny showed up on our lawn. We live in a semi-rural environment on an island 10 miles by 3 miles in size, about 27 square miles total. Access is by a single narrow bridge, the "Agate Pass Bridge" or by ferry boat to Seattle ten miles across Puget Sound, which is quite cold and deep. This bunny was a floppy eared type--not a wild bunny or jack rabbit. My wife stuffed the bunny in a cat carrier and we took it to an animal refuge site where they took care of it before the coyotes did. We thought little more of it. It had likely been dumped in the woods. Much of the island is still undeveloped forest.

Next a black cat showed up. I thought it was just a stray. It hung around for a couple of days and my wife started talking to it and it responded. (You CAN talk to cats. We had 4 siamese who had their own language (and attitude.)) This time we took the cat to the local vet where we discovered it was chipped. Its owners live off-island in a community about 25 miles away. There is no way that cat, whose name is Spook, ever got to the island on its own. The cat was dumped here the winter before. That means Spook survived an entire winter before he got to us. The owners suggested one of their neighbors with whom they had difficulty had dumped the cat on the island. We chalked this up to good fortune and were happy Spook made it back home.

Last night a black cat appeared at our doorway. I told my wife, "Spook is back." She didn't believe me, of course, but I finally got her to go see. It wasn't Spook, of course, but it was a very friendly young cat who wanted inside. We thought it was from around here and might go home, so we left it outside and went to a party. We got home about 9:00pm and the cat was still on the front porch. It's pretty cold around here right now and I did not want to leave the cat outside over night, so I cracked the door open and in walked the cat like he owned the place. Our two cats were not impressed. We had brought a dog (A dog!) into the house last week for a day, and now this! The next morning all three cats were outside the bedroom door waiting for us to get up. My wife took the cat to the vet, and the cat was chipped. We had already lined up two people who might take the cat, and I admit we were a little disappointed. But we did the right thing.

Now, the issue for me is why have three animals appeared at our doorstep within the last year or so? And I'm thinking this: There is an overall cat and/or animal consciousness that gets the word out. Our house is safe. If you can make it here you will be taken care of. The fact is though cats and dogs are deemed "smart," they simply do not have sufficient synapses in their brains for advanced intelligence. Sorry, but they do not, anecdotal stories notwithstanding. But on the whole they do, and if they have a level of species intercommunications going that could explain this behavior. In other words, it's paranormal behavior we're seeing. This is, of course, total speculation on my part. I really don't know what the issue is, but I'm not believing this is attributable to chance. And we're now waiting for the next visitor.

Wonder if you are on to something? although I have lived here in this place for 5 1/2 years, in this last year and a half...there have been w really hurt cats show up at my door, a mama cat had her kittens here and I now take care of two still every day (they are mine now?), two different kittens have mysteriously been dropped off here, and then various other strays always come to eat food off my porch (from the two that live here outside) - all together there have been about 7 or 8 of those over the last several months. It IS almost like they know it's safe here? We live in a neighborhood with several stray cats, the animal shelter here won't take any more so they are left to fend for themselves, and plus animal cruelty is a sad fact in this stupid town. So maybe they know where to come for love and maybe a little food!

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Well I hope they're never next to your computer and see your avatar.

Beyond that?

I've had squirrel, possum, deer, fisher-cat (yes, I said fisher-cat), kittens pups and every farm animal known to the US under my care.

They've 'shown up' at my door by themselves, in the hands of people who 'know' I'm a rehab person...

For me? It's a God thing. He knows what His animals need and where the people are to help them.

At the moment? There's a single 2 week old kitten in need of it's goat's milk...

Later.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

It was 8pm at night and I heard a weird noise outside, I look out the window and see a very large rabbit. Much larger than the norm, of course I grab my camera and head out. The rabbit hops down this hill. As I am standing on the hill I noticed my neighbors kitchen light is on, which is weird because she is out of town. I call her and she has me go into her house. A realtor left the accents lights on under her kitchen cabinets. They are burning hot, and surely if I wasn't chasing an extra large rabbit at 8pm I would have never seen it. Not only would her house have burnt down, but probably mine too. By the way, never trust a realtor to turn anything off or lock anything, I've had experiences with them "forgetting" to do both.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
There is an ATS member who has this same draw to animals. He posted a thread about it a while back, on their latest arrival, a scruffy dog whose fur was so matted and smelled bad....anyone remember whose thread this was? Anyway, he described that this was NOT the first time an animal had shown up at their place, needing a little love and care. When I was a kid growing up in Kansas, we ALWAYS had strays showing up on our porch. Puppies, full grown dogs, kittens, cats, even birds! Heaven for a young animal lover! Until we found their owner (rarely) or a permanent home- that was never fun to say goodbye.

I totally believe there is some energy that your strays are tuning into, which guides them to you. Thank you for taking care of them! How wonderful that they have a safe house to get to, in your neck of the woods!

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I had a black stray cat I named Spook.
A few days later a white one showed up. I called him Honky.
Every dog I've ever had was a starving stray when they showed up.
If you want a friend feed a starving animal.
They will be loyal.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   
My old house was like that,growing up always had a bond with animals of all kind,and seemed hurt cats,dogs would end up at my garage,I got the nickname Dr Doolittle,never lost a patient,even had a dog with anxiety issues when his owner was having surgery,meanest dog just walked up to me with a sad face lol,truth in fact I have never had an animal try to trick me out of money nor lie to me,who in fact are our closest friends

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Here you go!
Written by one of my most favorite people

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
humans also have this ability, its called premonition

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

We have this situation. There are cats to be sure, but I think people dump those off honestly. Usually, it's horses. I have loose horses show up at my place all the time. It's to the point that people think I'm stealing them.

I was out once walking my horses back (sometimes they won't come when I call so I have to walk out and say Hi, and they follow me back) when they were at the far end of the pasture and a wild bunny (cotton tail) approached us. It was quite scared but looked up at me and I just knew there was a fox. I looked into the tall grass and sure enough, I see his tail bobbin' out of the weeds.

I looked back at the bunny and said "Sure you can walk with us little brother", (pretty sure he was a he, but really... coulda been a "little sister") and kept walking and he kept pace with me about a two feet to the left of my feet. The other horses brought up pace to his other side, so he was in the middle of our "herd".

We got up by the house and he hung out with us while I scratched on horses and checked feet and stuff, and after about 30 minutes or so he hopped off.

Another time, when my daughter was quite small, I was leading her around on her old horse Whiskey. We were just around the house and in the drive way when I noticed one of our barn cats sitting at the beginning of the drive way. She saw that I saw her, started walking, took a few steps, looked behind her and meowed and sat down. Meowed some more and started walking. I finally got the hint and followed. She led us down the old track on the property that goes down to the river. This is better than a quarter mile, so ok.

We get down to the river. Me leading the horse, my daughter on his bare back. The cat sits with for a moment while we are staring at the river and wanders into the brush. I look for her for about a minute and figure she'll come home when she wants and turn to go. Whiskey resists.

Well that's weird.

I look at him. He looks at me. And then he quite deliberately turns his whole body and stares into the brush. I mean a hard stare. Again, I finally get the hint and poke into the bushes a little deeper, and then a little deeper still. So, I have left my five year old daughter bare back on the horse with no one holding a lead rope and I am crawling through the weeds and bushes. About the time I start thinking that DFS would really have a case I hear a meow. "Here kitty, kitty". More meows, kind of frantic. Eventually, I follow the sound to a kitten in the bushes. About six weeks old and just mangled. Like it got caught up in machinery. He was all cut up, the pads on his paws were burned, one eye was swollen and gummed closed and half his tail was missing, with bone sticking out and later, we found out, with maggots in it.

So, we all troop back to the house. We took the kitty to the vet, (who charged us like 40 bucks for surgery, treatement and meds) and missing an eye and most of his tail later, we named him Lucky ( yes I know). I would like to say he is with us to this day, but he disappeared after two years.

edit on 21-12-2017 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Animals make many combinations of scent and sign that other critters read like a newspaper.

In an area with no pressure/stress on them, animals leave scent markers with glands and saliva that leave a temporary mark for "safe/follow" . The heights and distance are relative to speed of travel.

A calm deer will leave sign/scent every 3-5 yards- from tarsal glands on legs and mouthing/chewing "communal branches". This means everything is good.

A stressed out deer leave sign/10-30 yard apart- no chewing/mouthing . This means not good/pass through quickly.

All the other animals do this as well, and can most likely read each others signs.

You've obviously created a calm inviting atmosphere where 5he critters aren't stressed by you and your pets. Animals can read people like a book in my opinion.
I've never met an animal that I couldn't befreind.

edit on 21-12-2017 by Hewhowaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It is all in your attitudes .
Animals have always come to me ( i am 52 now )
I have had wild deer walk right up to me I have played with weasels wile fishing i have had armadillos come up raccoons .
Birds even fish as for domesticated animals lost count dogs cats birds lord knows how many 100s .

It runs in the Family my sister has it my dad ( not that he wants it lol )
See when I am out in the woods I leave my civilized self behind and become one with the animals really it is not hard to do any one could .

Dogs are the easy ones for me first they do have a language ( so do cats heck all animals ) you just need to be able to learn it .
second they DO know when we are out to kill or not IF we just let them KNOW .
watch a nature show see the lions laying around in the background zebras munching grass totally iggying the lions . The second the lions go on the Hunt every zebra knows and all of a sudden they are in full flight alert .

Humans are no different then this the only reason animals react ( run on site is we dont let them know we are not on teh Hunt any more .

Noting Paranormal about it . As for simese cats lord They take aragences to a whole new lv

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

It was 8pm at night and I heard a weird noise outside, I look out the window and see a very large rabbit. Much larger than the norm, of course I grab my camera and head out. The rabbit hops down this hill. As I am standing on the hill I noticed my neighbors kitchen light is on, which is weird because she is out of town. I call her and she has me go into her house. A realtor left the accents lights on under her kitchen cabinets. They are burning hot, and surely if I wasn't chasing an extra large rabbit at 8pm I would have never seen it. Not only would her house have burnt down, but probably mine too. By the way, never trust a realtor to turn anything off or lock anything, I've had experiences with them "forgetting" to do both.

Angel in bunny form? Some days, you have to wonder!

I think I'd be finding a new realtor!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join