It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A War Trump Won

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
@krazysh0t
"It is customary to provide a source with as little bias as possible. Source bias is a mark against the sources trustworthiness before even reading. Regardless, of course there is more negative news about Trump than positive. His approval ratings are in the toilet. Did it ever occur to you that the sea of negativity towards Trump isn't a conspiracy but a reflection of a sizable portion of the country?"

thats been pretty much proven to not be the case at this point. theres plenty of studies out there to find. some quite recent. when u have the media freaking out over scoops of ice cream you have to be naive to believe the media is legit these days.

sorry bout the qoute deal. ats isnt workin great for me today
edit on 19-12-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: pavil

I tried looking up but ran into the Great Pay Wall of the New York Times.

Hint. Try using a "private window" in Firefox.

Cool I'll try that. FIREFOX works great for listening to YT in the background on a phone as well. Doesn't cut out like Chrome does.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
So, now that we have "Won" the war against ISIS I guess we can bring all of our troops back from Iraq, Saudi, Turkey and all the other god-forsaken places over there in which we serve. I STRONGLY suggest you don't hold your breath for that to happen within the next 20 years.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Am I the only one here who can't help but feel that attributing any recent conflict being won because of any single President is utterly preposterous?

Trump has the approximate mental fortitude of a child, and has zero experience coupled with excessive ineptitude when it comes to military tactics or international diplomacy.

That's not to say that his policies and letting the military operate on a looser leash so they can do what they are trained to do hasn't made a positive difference in the ME short term as it pertains to ISIS, but to me it's no different than any other government official signing off on an operation. He didn't plan it, he doesn't pick up a gun or drop any bombs himself, he just says "Yeah, that's fine" in an official capacity. The reality of the matter is that a significant number of soldiers making an average of $36-40K a year have been whooping ISIS' asses in concert with other nations, not the President. Obviously the generals that serve under him are involved in a more direct way, but certainly not Trump. The man doesn't even read intelligence briefings, let alone plan military strategies.

If anyone is winning it's the military, our allies, and the brave locals that help them in regions we fight conflicts in.

Saying Trump won a war is like saying a Pharaoh build the pyramids, or Alexander conquered the world with a just a sword and shield. Did they have something to do with it? Sure, of course they did. They had a significant role in how things played out.

Does that mean they did it alone and deserve all the credit? Of course not, but I guess when the powerful write history, you can make any nice fantasy alone those lines sound attractive and legitimate.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Trump didn't "win" this war. I'd like to hear how the supposedly ramped-up efforts by the U.S. since Trump took office actually spearheaded the supposed fall of ISIS. It's ridiculous.

It's similar to the stock market and job market. People say "Trump is delivering on promises!".. and might even show a little graph that shows the jobless rate falling.. stock market growing, but.. sort of neglect to include the previous 8 years. When looked at as a whole, it's just continuing a climb that started many years ago. There has been no magical surge in jobs or the economy - it's simply continuing at the same pace. Yay Trump? I guess he gets points for not blowing up our economy or loss of jobs?

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So OP, how are those reconstruction efforts in Syria and Iraq doing? Does Trump even care? Do you?

Attempting to rebuild was our big mistake in the first place.

The people don't want their whole city owned by Wal Mart. They'd rather do the rebuilding on their own.

originally posted by: Painterz
Uhm, but the US hasn't defeated ISIS.

ISIS were defeated in Iraq by the Iraqi army with support from American and British forces.

ISIS were defeated in Syria by Syrian and Kurdish forces with Russian support.

And ISIS haven't really been 'defeated' anyway, they've just melted away into the population to wait for their next opportunity.

That's true of all victories.

Short of outright genocide, you only ever kill a small fraction of your enemy before they surrender, or take off their uniforms.

Besides that, ISIS was really mostly composed of former Iraqi military, who were unable to find jobs after they got disbanded.

They just want a gig. Any gig will do. If we give them a good job with decent pay killing somebody, they'll work for us just as happily as they worked for ISIS.

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: introvert

That we are aware of, thankfully the Russians did come assist their old ally that kind of forced our hand in dealing with ISIS.

Then Trump did what he promised, bombed them and sent more ground troops in to assist, its not a solo trump victory but it certainly helped make a difference.

It's actually for the best that it WASN'T a solo victory.

Having other people involved, and sharing credit with them makes it more likely they will want to work with us in the future.

We don't want to have another fiasco like the "Coalition of the Willing", where basically nobody but our closest allies showed up (England, Australia, and Canada).

To be a real force in the world, the USA has to show that it is a leader, not a solo act.

edit on 20-12-2017 by bloodymarvelous because: Too long/boring.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join